The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 17, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #3,976 of 7,793
Do the X1 will be on sale at Aliexpress someday?
Can you send me the link of your store?
Maybe I could get the X3 if its on stock

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1473108

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 17, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #3,977 of 7,793
Hi, just a quick question: is there any way to ignore a folder when scanning media library?

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #3,982 of 7,793
I just got and X1 for a friend. the 64gb micro SDXC card is formatted exFAT and not recognized. windows will only allow it to format NTFS or exFAT for some reason, manual says i need FAT32 for the firmware update? plus need to use a card less than 32gb? i guess i will have to order a smaller card.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #3,983 of 7,793
  I just got and X1 for a friend. the 64gb micro SDXC card is formatted exFAT and not recognized. windows will only allow it to format NTFS or exFAT for some reason, manual says i need FAT32 for the firmware update? plus need to use a card less than 32gb? i guess i will have to order a smaller card.

you have hard choices to make, format from the X1, or google something complex like "format 64g fat32".
it's not going to be an easy decision.
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #3,984 of 7,793
32 gb or 64gb works just fine in the X1.  Maybe the 128, I don't know, don't go that large.  Put the card in the X1 and go to Settings>Format The Card.  Let it format the card (it will name it correctly).  Then you can put music in it.  No pictures, nothing else, just music for now.  Use folders.  Try just plugging a USB cord from your computer into the X1 (slower transfer speeds) or use a card reader.  DON'T use a slot in your computer, they can cause issues.  If that doesn't work, post back.  

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #3,985 of 7,793
sorry not.

Any chance in implementing this feature in a future firmware update?

The only way I can think of is to not have the folder on the SD Card when you run the scan, then put it back on afterwards.

You'd have to go to Manual Scanning, put the folder in, and then not scan the card again.  With Auto Scan, once you put the card back in, it will scan.  

That's not really convenient if I frequently add music to my sd card.

I have lots of music which I don't want to be scanned: for example audiobooks, podcasts and my electronic/techno playlists. That's why at the moment I'm using a Sansa with rockbox firmware installed and I can't upgrade my music player. I keep all the music that I don't need to be indexed in the database in a folder with a file named database.ignore inside. With this simple method I can put music on my player and keep autoupdating the database without messing anything up.

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #3,986 of 7,793
I have lots of music which I don't want to be scanned: for example audiobooks, podcasts and my electronic/techno playlists. That's why at the moment I'm using a Sansa with rockbox firmware installed and I can't upgrade my music player. I keep all the music that I don't need to be indexed in the database in a folder with a file named database.ignore inside. With this simple method I can put music on my player and keep autoupdating the database without messing anything up.

Not trying to be captain obvious or anything - but you're the first one to request something like this, and I'm guessing you may be in a very small minority wanting such a feature. At the moment, a great many of us would rather see obvious features like continual play from folder to folder, or a search function, or better implementation of playlists ......

James has said they don't have the feature, and reading between the lines, they'd be unlikely to look at it unless there was huge demand.  I wouldn't hold out hope to see it.  And it doesn't mean that Fiio doesn't care.  It just means it's not a high priority. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #3,987 of 7,793

Can you just remove all the tags from those files since you aren't using them (the tags)?

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #3,988 of 7,793

I use a SD card (old one - just 8GB) specially for my audiobooks, another SD card for classic music. And a third card for 'daily' use with pop, rock, blues, ...

Nov 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #3,989 of 7,793
Hey, i've been following this thread for a while now, but this is my first post here on head-fi.

Anyways, i ordered a X1 a while ago, and i just got this email, thought you guys might be interested; 

Dear ***,

We have some good news about the Fiio X1 that we would like to share with you! All the orders that are placed until now are on their way to Holland this very moment.

As you know, it took a little longer than we expected. The biggest cause of the delay is the scrollwheel, which gave a problem after the first batch was send. This problem needed to be fixed first and is fixed now, so you can be sure that your Fiio X1 is perfect!

Also new is the X1 in champagne colour. For all the pre-order we retain the silver one, but if you prefer the champagne coloured one, that is also a possibility. We can change that for you. The delivery time of both colours is the same.

Our apologies for the delay and inconvenience and lots of fun with your X1!

So apparently the Champagne color is coming with this batch, and there will also be improvements to the scroll wheel. Seems like good news. It's from HDPHNS.com ny the way, an official dealer of Fiio in the Netherlands. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #3,990 of 7,793

Not sure if it will work but perhaps you could put all the types of files you want to hide in a separate folder and then hide the folder using windows, do your scan and then unhide the folder again.

It would only work if the firmware doesn't see the hidden folder.

You can try it out on one folder to see if it can be seen in folder view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back