The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #3,962 of 7,793

what color do you need?  same as iPhone 5C ? 
L3000.gif

I`m okay with the silver, it`s just an ideia. 
biggrin.gif

Ask for US$15+ (or something near it) than the normal price for green, blue, pink, red, yellow, etc. It bet that it would sell a lot, for sure.

But I didn`t mentioned anything about 5C 
ph34r.gif

And there`s also this picture on the first page with the 5C colors...

And in the Themes...

fiio_x1-a13_zps303b1f54.jpg

There`s a silver theme for the silver model, champagne theme for the champagne model, green theme for the...OH WAIT!
Well you probably have already thought about it...just don`t forget the red 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #3,964 of 7,793
I'm waiting for champagne. I'd buy the silver to have it now, except I know if I do the champagne will become available immediately. So everyone who wants the champagne one can blame me for holding it up.

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #3,965 of 7,793
  Hm, I had tried with the X5 firmware tools, but when I tried updating my X1 with the firmware with custom theme, I got 'Model error'. Maybe I'll try again.

I believe the x5 tools will create an x5.fw file, whereas the x3 tools will create a x3.fw. I think you'll just need to rename the firmware you packed with the x5 tools to x1.fw or whatever its called. There really is only 1 packer/repacker, the only difference is what the files are called in the batch file.
Hope I didn't confuse you more.

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3,966 of 7,793
  I believe the x5 tools will create an x5.fw file, whereas the x3 tools will create a x3.fw. I think you'll just need to rename the firmware you packed with the x5 tools to x1.fw or whatever its called. There really is only 1 packer/repacker, the only difference is what the files are called in the batch file.
Hope I didn't confuse you more.

Yea, what I had done previously was renamed the X1.fw to X5.fw so the unpacker would recognize it. Then repacked it and renamed the new firmware to X1.fw. Then tried to update my X1 with it and got the error. Gonna try again and see what happens :p

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #3,967 of 7,793
  Yea, what I had done previously was renamed the X1.fw to X5.fw so the unpacker would recognize it. Then repacked it and renamed the new firmware to X1.fw. Then tried to update my X1 with it and got the error. Gonna try again and see what happens :p

Yup, that should've worked. Don't have a x1 myself, so I cant test it.

Nov 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,968 of 7,793
  Yup, that should've worked. Don't have a x1 myself, so I cant test it.

Not sure why I didn't test this before, but I ended up having to edit the .bat files (of firmware tools) instead of renaming the firmware itself, and now it works!

Some pictures of my 'black' theme :p Nothing spectacular, really. 

Download the X5 tools from this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares#post_10529854

Edit the pack.bat and unpack.bat files (on Windows, right-click -> Edit) and all the x5's to x1.

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #3,969 of 7,793
To that question of which of the X1 or the X3 has a "better" line out, the X3 has an edge since it can be used as a DAC. I use the X3's lineout on my JDS O2. Still, the X1's lineout plays nicely with my E11K.

For classical and instrumental, I prefer the X3 or the X3+E11K, depending on my mood and the headphones I am wearing at the moment.. But for walk-about music like R&B or Jazz Fusion, I am fine with my X1+E11K+Fidue A63.

Of course, the above is a very personal and subjective statement :)

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #3,970 of 7,793

I don`t know if I`m right but I guess that ClieOS said that the X1 + E11K  is better than the X3, so I guess the X1 is more interesting, and the UI seens better too.

I am definitely not an experienced reviewer, so take this with more than a grain of salt :)

I own both the X3 and the X1+E11K. Feature-wise, the more costly X3 has the edge, but in terms of SQ, I do enjoy the X1+E11K on some of my music collection. Vocals, Jazz fusion and "modern" music. Placebo? New-toy-bias? :)  I actually bought the E11K primarily to extend the battery life of my X3. It was a pleasant realization that the E11K offers some extra clarity on the strings and omph on the bass.

Summing up, I enjoy both.

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #3,972 of 7,793
It is safe to buy a X1 or any Fiio product from Aliexpress??
I can't find another trusty site that ships to Mexico to buy one.

I'll bump /quote you bro.

Nice thread...... How about an attempt at helping out a person?

Aliexpress was good to me and if the price seems to good to be true it is because it is...too good to be true. They responded to inquiry quick and that's more than mp4 is doing for me right now

I might go that route if mp4 nation doesn't pan out.

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,973 of 7,793

I'll bump /quote you bro.

Nice thread...... How about an attempt at helping out a person?

Aliexpress was good to me and if the price seems to good to be true it is because it is...too good to be true. They responded to inquiry quick and that's more than mp4 is doing for me right now

I might go that route if mp4 nation doesn't pan out.

Thanks for your reply man! 

Yeah, I guess for my country this is my best option, cuz I've been reading that mp4nation takes a lot to ship here, and also charges an extra tax 

The only thing I have to do is decide which DAP to get, the X1 or the X3 hehe

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #3,974 of 7,793
It is safe to buy a X1 or any Fiio product from Aliexpress??
I can't find another trusty site that ships to Mexico to buy one.

we have a store in there , but we have not X1 on sale cause we need to delivery the order from our agents first.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back