The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #287 of 7,793
Dec 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #291 of 7,793
I need to pair this X1 with an amp in the future!' so would prefer something thinner xD because thick DAP makes me feel like I am holding a C4 bomb hehe

E11 fits the piggyback slot! Not that bricky as you would think.More likely FiiO will introduce E11K with non-replaceable battery(BL-5B) before X1 launch. So I had ordered E11 and received it last week.
E6 will mostly slips out self when you slide in/out of your pocket as it might not get hold with the rubber band due to it's very slim,small profile.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #293 of 7,793
ok sorry for off topic post here but pls help me------------

all right ppl.i have decided to get either e17 or e07k but i want to ask a question.

will the dac part of these come in to play if i use these with aux??i mean headphone jack -headphone jack connection??or it will be bypassed and only player's dac will come into play??

and what will happen if i use the usb cable instead of aux for connecting amp with my portable source??

source is clip+

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #295 of 7,793
  ok sorry for off topic post here but pls help me------------

all right ppl.i have decided to get either e17 or e07k but i want to ask a question.

will the dac part of these come in to play if i use these with aux??i mean headphone jack -headphone jack connection??or it will be bypassed and only player's dac will come into play??

and what will happen if i use the usb cable instead of aux for connecting amp with my portable source??

source is clip+

The Wolfson DACs(8740) on both is to bypass built-in sound card of PC/laptop when connected thru USB.(same port for charging) and you would connect an IEM/HP via the headphone out jack to listen PC/laptop audio.

The headphone out of any source(sansa/ipods etc) is fed into the aux input of E07K/E17 and you would connect an IEM/HP via the headphone out jack to listen to the source music,which means you will benefit only the amp portion of it.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #296 of 7,793

The Wolfson DACs(8740) on both is to bypass built-in sound card of PC/laptop when connected thru USB.(same port for charging) and you would connect an IEM/HP via the headphone out jack to listen PC/laptop audio.

The headphone out of any source(sansa/ipods etc) is fed into the aux input of E07K/E17 and you would connect an IEM/HP via the headphone out jack to listen to the source music,which means you will benefit only the amp portion of it.

thanks mate

and would there be a justifiable improvement in sound over clip+??
or i am better off with colorfly c3??

budget is only 100$

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #298 of 7,793
I was talking about the FiiO's stock thick flat rubber bands not the small conventional 3mm dia ones......which is specially designed to pair with sources.

With exception of the device itself, I dont use anything else inside xD sometimes the case

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #300 of 7,793
  its rockboxed

brainwavz m3 and vsonic gr07 mk2

Ok.first off, if your budget is <$100 then E07K is the candidate, if at all, you opt to buy the DAC/AMP combo.

With sansa RB'ed, it can very well drive the high sensitive M3/GR07 with ease and excellent SQ o/p.

Having said that,if you are really hungry for SS,detail,instruments,vocals etc more than present setup then you might press the button. Else wait for the 2014 for more breeds. I would say "NAH" for those budget DAPs like CF C3,HSA Nova series Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back