The Entry Level Stax Thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #196 of 3,322
I'm feeling really sad right now. However, I feel a little bit better because I just lucked out and managed to pick up a pair of absolutely beautiful Lambda Pros, even better condition than the set photographed by Ken Rockwell. Check out these beauties.

This makes me really happy, especially because I now have a real reference point when I do my Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Sou-... uh, electret review!

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #197 of 3,322
Quote:
I'm feeling really sad right now. However, I feel a little bit better because I just lucked out and managed to pick up a pair of absolutely beautiful Lambda Pros, even better condition than the set photographed by Ken Rockwell. Check out these beauties.

This makes me really happy, especially because I now have a real reference point when I do my Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Sou-... uh, electret review!

Looks nice and new!

I dont think the pair of lambda normals in the sale with the ken rockwell pic is actually selling that ken rockwell pair of lambda normals....

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #199 of 3,322
Quote:

Very nice indeed, great condition too. All you need now is the original box to complete the set. Welcome to the Lambda Pro club.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #200 of 3,322
I was going to, but these came up a few hours ago and I didn't want to risk spending all that time waiting on the Lambda normals and not win them, because I would have had nothing if I lost. I also didn't want to end up paying for yet another energizer (I already have two I will never use). These are in beautiful condition, why wait? I am just as happy if not more happy with these.

I'd say something about it on the Stax thread, but I'm not allowed there anymore, for reasons I don't understand.

Very nice indeed, great condition too. All you need now is the original box to complete the set.

I did get the original box, in mint condition. Here's the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281154626618

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #201 of 3,322
you're banned on the stax thread?
confused.gif

Where did you snag them from?

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #203 of 3,322
I'm almost certain it was because the two of you simply posted way too many times.  People don't really want to see that in headphone threads - in fact I got multiple PMs from people saying as much about you guys.
tongue.gif
  That kinda stuff is more accepted in the diary/anime/teen threads.  I didn't really mind much, but it could be annoying scrolling through pages of OT discussion/ebay links/wall wart posts.  I imagine it's doubly annoying for the older guys who generally don't have as much free time to spend keeping up with their favorite threads.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #204 of 3,322
Quote:
I'm almost certain it was because the two of you simply posted way too many times.  People don't really want to see that in headphone threads - in fact I got multiple PMs from people saying as much about you guys.
tongue.gif
  That kinda stuff is more accepted in the diary/anime/teen threads.  I didn't really mind much, but it could be annoying scrolling through pages of OT discussion/ebay links/wall wart posts.  I imagine it's doubly annoying for the older guys who generally don't have as much free time to spend keeping up with their favorite threads.

Hopefully this isn't directed at me.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #205 of 3,322
Agreed. :) If you ever want to go off topic. Or even just talking about Stax. Visit the Anime thread. We will welcome you warmly :). We have quite a few Stax mafias within our ranks.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #208 of 3,322
confused_face_2.gif
You definitely post there a ton...

For comparison, looking at the thread stats: you had 593 posts there and I had 323 posts there.  I've been posting in that thread pretty much since I joined HF(5.5 yrs ago); I *think* (correct me if I'm wrong) you started posting there in the last 9 months or so.  Think of it like density...things can start to sink
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #209 of 3,322
I'm liking the idea of this thread!
I have an SR-2020 system myself. I can't say it's an endgame by any means, but I enjoy them when I have time and a quiet environment to listen to music in.
As for comparisons. All I can really compare them to are my Mad Dogs. For me:
Bass: MD>SR-202
Mids: MD>SR-202
Treble: MD<SR-202
Open-ness: MD<SR-202 (obviously)
Comfort: MD>>>>SR-202
Soundstage: Bah I don't really care about soundstage so I'm not the right person to ask 
tongue.gif

The Mad Dog just has nicer mids than the SR-202 to my ears, which come off as a bit thin after listen to the MDs.
I'll probably continue enjoying both headphones for quite some time, but the MD will probably end up getting more head time, since I won't always have a good listening environment for them.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #210 of 3,322
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif
You definitely post there a ton...

For comparison, looking at the thread stats: you had 593 posts there and I had 323 posts there.  I've been posting in that thread pretty much since I joined HF(5.5 yrs ago); I *think* (correct me if I'm wrong) you started posting there in the last 9 months or so.  Think of it like density...things can start to sink
tongue.gif

How do you check for thread post stats? Pretty convenient didn't know there was one. 

Well let's just say I've been answering questions to some of the new time Stax posters that you guys don't respond to anymore. Along with a bit of off-topic here and there. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back