The Enleum HPA-23RM Discussion Thread
Oct 14, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #46 of 187
I have also compared it to the Diablo-X, and although there is so much more power with this little beast, the soundstage is much more intimate (compressed) than the Enleum (I was feeding Diablo-X with balanced input and listening with balanced output)
The Diablo power figures are BS (they use instantaneous peak power instead of RMS). It will have less power than the Enleum.

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #47 of 187
I'm at the inception point for a change to my audio chain that includes purchasing a Enleum HPA-23RM and I'm soliciting feedback on any fatal flaws to the direction I'm heading, or another product I may want to consider. I travel fulltime in my motor coach so my use cases are driven in part by space constraints, equipment footprint and certainly less than optimal audio hygiene (RFI).

A little background and hardlines first. I've been on the PGGB beta team for a couple of years. My library has been converted to 24 bit 16FS, and this is one hardline, PGGB has been a game changer for me (I know there are those that aren't there and that's ok). Without getting into the weeds to much my chain is:
HTPC JCAT XE USB and JCAT NET XE
Lush^2 USB Audio Cable
Audiowise SRC-DX
Audiowise LP-Filter (2)
Audiowise DC-Block (2)
Black Dragon Mini Coax Digital Cable For Chord Mojo 2 - 3.5mm coax to dual BNC
Mojo 2 (powered by Tronsmart)
Black Dragon Portable Mini Cable V2 with 3.5mm TRS Oyaida Stereo RT Angled Gold Plug to Cardas RCA to Hegel P20 preamp - out to Hegel H20 with Morrow Audio MA3 Interconnect (XLR) and potentially out to HPA-23RM
KEF Reference 1 speakers

I've been evaluating a Chord Mojo 2 as a replacement to my Chord DAVE, and I'm going to be selling my DAVE. The Mojo 2 with PGGB 16FS files is a perfect marriage. This combo produces a more transparent output than DAVE alone, while maintaining all the DAVE goodness.

One of my use cases is that I want the HPA-23RM located by my seating area (for volume adjustment) which will require about a 4M interconnect run from the pre to the 23RM. Rather than running it from the Mojo 2 I'm considering running it from My Hegel P20 RCA REC output under a floor cable cover to the HPA-23RM. I'll likely evaluate adding in an Audiowise RF-Stop Extreme Filter into the mix in one or two places.

I split my time between using HP and speakers, after all in a small space the WAF has to be respected! My HPs include Focal Uptopia and Audeze LCD-MX4

I'll be grateful for your thoughts and suggestions for integrating the HPA-23RM in my environment.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #48 of 187
I'm at the inception point for a change to my audio chain that includes purchasing a Enleum HPA-23RM and I'm soliciting feedback on any fatal flaws to the direction I'm heading, or another product I may want to consider. I travel fulltime in my motor coach so my use cases are driven in part by space constraints, equipment footprint and certainly less than optimal audio hygiene (RFI).

A little background and hardlines first. I've been on the PGGB beta team for a couple of years. My library has been converted to 24 bit 16FS, and this is one hardline, PGGB has been a game changer for me (I know there are those that aren't there and that's ok). Without getting into the weeds to much my chain is:
HTPC JCAT XE USB and JCAT NET XE
Lush^2 USB Audio Cable
Audiowise SRC-DX
Audiowise LP-Filter (2)
Audiowise DC-Block (2)
Black Dragon Mini Coax Digital Cable For Chord Mojo 2 - 3.5mm coax to dual BNC
Mojo 2 (powered by Tronsmart)
Black Dragon Portable Mini Cable V2 with 3.5mm TRS Oyaida Stereo RT Angled Gold Plug to Cardas RCA to Hegel P20 preamp - out to Hegel H20 with Morrow Audio MA3 Interconnect (XLR) and potentially out to HPA-23RM
KEF Reference 1 speakers

I've been evaluating a Chord Mojo 2 as a replacement to my Chord DAVE, and I'm going to be selling my DAVE. The Mojo 2 with PGGB 16FS files is a perfect marriage. This combo produces a more transparent output than DAVE alone, while maintaining all the DAVE goodness.

One of my use cases is that I want the HPA-23RM located by my seating area (for volume adjustment) which will require about a 4M interconnect run from the pre to the 23RM. Rather than running it from the Mojo 2 I'm considering running it from My Hegel P20 RCA REC output under a floor cable cover to the HPA-23RM. I'll likely evaluate adding in an Audiowise RF-Stop Extreme Filter into the mix in one or two places.

I split my time between using HP and speakers, after all in a small space the WAF has to be respected! My HPs include Focal Uptopia and Audeze LCD-MX4

I'll be grateful for your thoughts and suggestions for integrating the HPA-23RM in my environment.
Sounds like a good plan to me!

The only thing that might be an issue is a 4m interconnect may pick up interference if it's not balanced. Though, since shielded RCA ICs are usually grounded on one end only, if that end is connected to the Hegel, and it in turn is grounded, you should hopefully be OK.

Oct 28, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #49 of 187
Any advice on cables to go from a 4.4mm balanced output from my Cayin N7 to the RCA Enleum? I feel like the 3.5mm output from the N7 isn’t that great.

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #50 of 187
I just got mine in and love it, truly. The sound is so clear and effortless that it reminds me of Ferrum's OOR in a small package. It is replacing my "take to work" setup. Stellias sounds amazing in the voltage output, and my Diana v2s shine in the current output. I have an RME ADI-2 PRO feeding the RCA inputs at home, and I take my Cayin N7 on the go. The amp makes the headphones shine and even sounds great with my Susvaras (current output).

I have compared it to the C9 and feel like there is much more power coming out of the Enleum as compared to the C9 at the same volume pot setting. There is almost more command of the driver with the Enleum. I have also compared it to the Diablo-X, and although there is so much more power with this little beast, the soundstage is much more intimate (compressed) than the Enleum (I was feeding Diablo-X with balanced input and listening with balanced output). They are both very neutral amps, so it is hard to compare without listening closely. I love them both, but the Enleum wins for me in having an output (current) practically dedicated to driving planars. Yes, it is more expensive, but so is my Roon Nucleus, Mac Mini M1 driving the HQP, ADI-2 DAC Pro, and headphones.

IMG_1941.jpg
Very helpful impressions. How do the three compare when using IEMs?

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #51 of 187
Thanks @Currawong
I see the 4M distance as the weakest point too. I'm checking out an Audiowise RFSTOP EXTREME SE Signal Filter to locate at the end of the 4M interconnect.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #52 of 187
Any advice on cables to go from a 4.4mm balanced output from my Cayin N7 to the RCA Enleum? I feel like the 3.5mm output from the N7 isn’t that great.
I suggest not to do this. The balanced output of the N7 line out is 4v, and the 23rm line in is unbalanced. It usually only accepts 2v input. If a signal exceeding 2v is received, the sound pressure will be too loud, which may seriously damage the equipment.

Oct 29, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #53 of 187
Thanks @Currawong
I see the 4M distance as the weakest point too. I'm considering inserting an Audiowise RF•Stop Extreme SE Signal Filter at the end of the 4M run before the headphone amp, with an ultra short interconnect cable for the final distance.

Nov 6, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #54 of 187
Dear 23RM users, is it normal to hear a popping noise in the headphones when turning the unit off, after changing the gain setting at min volume?

Nov 6, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #55 of 187
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #57 of 187
My unit pops in the headphone at each I change the the wheel including turning on and off.
Sorry, you mean that it pops whenever you adjust the volume knob? That's nuts...

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #59 of 187
Nov 6, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #60 of 187
Very helpful impressions. How do the three compare when using IEMs?
I actually have not tried it with IEMs yet. I only use my IEMs on doggie walks, not at home. With that said, I should probably try it out and see who wins out. Weekend project for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back