The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #2,671 of 3,155
Playlists are difficult to import into DX90. However, it plays tracks from a folder perfectly, so I just arrange my music in folders, each file numbered in order I want them to play (leading zero for #1-9) and all is quite copacetic.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,673 of 3,155
UPDATE: now I can see that some of the playlists I've downloaded exist.  Except that on the dx90 they are empty. Last week I was on a camping trip by myself in West Virginia.  Where I was I could not get wifi reception.  I was such an idiot that I sat in a parking lot for Lowe's using their customer wifi ( I drove about half an hour to get to the lowe's, and then I had to drive back). And I was in that parking lot for hours researching and reviewing the same things I've been looking at for months.   Now here I am,this dx90 is a replacement for one my computer wouldn't even recognize existed.  At least this new one EXISTS. But when I try to play my "campfire" playlist nothing happens.  Maybe it is better NOT to play music at a campfire and just listen to the crickets but my campfire list was designed to let the sound of the crickets come through. However, when I click on that playlist absolutely nothing happens. I'm open to the possibility that maybe there is something wrong with me that I am on a camping trip and choose to spend hours and hours sitting in a parking lot when I could  be out enjoying nature. And after I return I spend  countless hours downloading playlists all for naught.  I spent over 6,000 on my home gear.  And the ibasso dx90 is almost another 400 bucks. I would be DELIGHTED to spend much more than that but would someone please just embarrass me and show me what I'm doing wrong with the playlists? I seriously hope I am at fault.  If it isn't my fault, I want to take this piece of plastic and grip it in my hands and push it through a brick wall.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #2,675 of 3,155
Once again, I am not sure what you are trying to do.

1: Install your music to the player, drag and drop, or copy and paste, you can even sync it with software. But its not needed.

2: PLAY a song, while its playing, hit the + on the screen to add it to a playlist.
  are you saying that you are creating your playlists in the dx90?

YES. Its like adding them to a favorites list, but its a playlist on the player.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #2,676 of 3,155
I can make a playlist on my laptop and transfer it to my phone or I can transfer it to any cheap as& walkman they have and it recognizes the playlist. Are you telling me that the dx90 can't do that?  Are you saying that I have to create individually, step by step, each playlist, AGAIN AND AGAIN, in the dx90. And redundantly make all the changes in that playlist too? That sounds like garbage to me. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #2,677 of 3,155
  I can make a playlist on my laptop and transfer it to my phone or I can transfer it to any cheap as& walkman they have and it recognizes the playlist. Are you telling me that the dx90 can't do that?  Are you saying that I have to create individually, step by step, each playlist, AGAIN AND AGAIN, in the dx90. And redundantly make all the changes in that playlist too? That sounds like garbage to me. 

I do not know of another way on the DX90. Like you I have used players in the past that indeed allowed me to sync playlists from my PC to the player. My Sansa Clip Zip did it, but my last 2 players do not. Thats the Cowon and the DX90. If someone else knows a way for the DX90, then great, but I have looked into it without finding another way.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #2,678 of 3,155
Wh
  Once again, I am not sure what you are trying to do.

1: Install your music to the player, drag and drop, or copy and paste, you can even sync it with software. But its not needed.

2: PLAY a song, while its playing, hit the + on the screen to add it to a playlist.

YES. Its like adding them to a favorites list, but its a playlist on the player.

What your're talking about is ridiculous. I already made my playlists. My phone knows that. My phone doesn't require that I do the same work over again. I actually contacted manager of my playlists to make sure that they use the m3u format for their playlists so that I wouldn't have exactly the problem i'm having now.  Ibasso uses m3u and pono uses m3u so why am I having issues?

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #2,679 of 3,155
  Wh
What your're talking about is ridiculous. I already made my playlists. My phone knows that. My phone doesn't require that I do the same work over again. I actually contacted manager of my playlists to make sure that they use the m3u format for their playlists so that I wouldn't have exactly the problem i'm having now.  Ibasso uses m3u and pono uses m3u so why am I having issues?

Even the ibasso manual says how you have to make a playlist, so I knew going in what I had to do. Yes it would be great to be able to make them with software and just load them up, but as of now, I don't not know any other way. Maybe someone else does, but I don't expect an answer other than what I have already said, I will keep my fingers crossed I am wrong.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #2,680 of 3,155

I do not know of another way on the DX90. Like you I have used players in the past that indeed allowed me to sync playlists from my PC to the player. My Sansa Clip Zip did it, but my last 2 players do not. Thats the Cowon and the DX90. If someone else knows a way for the DX90, then great, but I have looked into it without finding another way.

thank you for your input.  I'm still holding out hope.  I feel kinda like crying if this doesn't work out.  I'm really sad about it.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,683 of 3,155
You can import playlists on the DX90 but you have to manually efit the list on your computer to reflect the full path name to the files as seen from the DX90 file system. Try to make a one file playlist on the DX90 and export it so you can see what the paths are called. But even after that I understand that people are having some difficaulties importing the lists. I have no experience with this as I have never seen a reason to use playlists on any device I have ever played music on in 40 years.

Another way to go is with RockBox on the DX90

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2,684 of 3,155

Even the ibasso manual says how you have to make a playlist, so I knew going in what I had to do. Yes it would be great to be able to make them with software and just load them up, but as of now, I don't not know any other way. Maybe someone else does, but I don't expect an answer other than what I have already said, I will keep my fingers crossed I am wrong.

I hope you are not wrong. There is no reason you SHOULD be.  If ibasso can't equal the technology of any smartphone, THAT IS PATHETIC.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #2,685 of 3,155
You can import playlists on the DX90 but you have to manually efit the list on your computer to reflect the full path name to the files as seen from the DX90 file system. Try to make a one file playlist on the DX90 and export it so you can see what the paths are called. But even after that I understand that people are having some difficaulties importing the lists. I have no experience with this as I have never seen a reason to use playlists on any device I have ever played music on in 40 years.

Another way to go is with RockBox on the DX90

ok.... the only part of that that I understood was that you haven't had a reason to use a playlist in 40 years.   But I caught a whiff about rockbox.  Do you think that rockbox would recognize the playlists, which i haven't   been able to live without for 40 hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back