The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Feb 2, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,981 of 3,155
I'm generally on high gain and slow roll off on all my phones. DX90 is such a pleasure to listen to that I no longer play around with it but simply just listen to the music

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #1,982 of 3,155
Hi, I'm new to DX90. I saved a few SACD ISO files to the SD card but on DX90, these files are not listed. Anyone knows the reason why and how to resolve this. Or that DX90 doesn't support DSD.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #1,983 of 3,155
It supports .dsf files not iso images

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,984 of 3,155
There is freeware such as Sonore ISO2DSD that will convert the iso to individual DFS files playable in DX90. It does appear to downconvert them to 24 bit / 88.2 KHz, but they sound stellar.

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,985 of 3,155
This...I never thought oId get rid of my 3G combo but dx90 is so much better

i am not really sure if there is a change or not - it seems like the sound changes but maybe it is placebo having read this post.

one thing for sure , the dx90 is great - and it has made my arrow 4g amp almost obsolete

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #1,986 of 3,155
Hi every one I am new to this thread I have been thinking on buying the DX90. but still looking debating between this and the AK100ii and the Sony ZX1. I really like the price of the DX90 and all the power it has but I also like the ZX1 based off android but has less power. And the AK I REALLY like the look. I don't have any hard to drive headphones and will probably only be using iem's with what ever I buy, so the ZX1 overall power wouldn't be a problem. I was ready to order the DX90 today then had second thoughts. Hopefully someone can pursued me one way or the other.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #1,987 of 3,155
Hi every one I am new to this thread I have been thinking on buying the DX90. but still looking debating between this and the AK100ii and the Sony ZX1. I really like the price of the DX90 and all the power it has but I also like the ZX1 based off android but has less power. And the AK I REALLY like the look. I don't have any hard to drive headphones and will probably only be using iem's with what ever I buy, so the ZX1 overall power wouldn't be a problem. I was ready to order the DX90 today then had second thoughts. Hopefully someone can pursued me one way or the other.

DO IT ...DX90

:D

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #1,988 of 3,155
i don't have a lot of experiences so i don't know any better but to my ears, DX90J takes the lead in terms of details. ZX1 sounds more...smooth, less fatiguing i guess.

What the hell is a dx90J?

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #1,990 of 3,155
Thanks.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #1,991 of 3,155
  ...........I have been thinking on buying the DX90. but still looking debating between this and the AK100ii and the Sony ZX1. I was ready to order the DX90 today then had second thoughts. (snip) Hopefully someone can pursued me one way or the other.

Acain, I'll tell you what I was told that solidified my decision to buy a DX90.
He said, "..not a huge difference in sonics, but the DX90 has more output power than the others. The lower price of the DX90 is a bargain if you decide to keep it and if you decide to sell it you will not take a big dollar hit."
 I followed that advice and don't regret it. I'm enjoying the heck out of the DX90 and as an added bonus, it's capable of driving my HE-500s without an unacceptable dropoff in bottom end which occurs when the HE-500s are grossly underpowered.
Regards,
PM

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,992 of 3,155

I had the same dilemma see the threadhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/753389/sony-nw-zx1-128-gb-vs-ibasso-dx90#post_11289941
Dx90 has a way better value for money

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #1,993 of 3,155
hi - here's my first post to the forum :)

I have updated the firmware on my DX90 to the 215, mainly for the playlist support, but sound seems improved as well!
for my playlists, I'm using Dougscript's script to export an itunes playlist as a folder, with M3U & song files into that folder then save it onto a micro SD into for my DX.

although I can see the playlist file, with the icon crrectly showing it's recognized as a playlist file in my DX, and the playlist showing up in my playlist-list when scanning the library.When I load the playlist, it shows either no, or only a handful of songs from the playlist.  the songs themselves are correctly in the folder as well, so it seems the link between M3U and file which is off.

can anyone confirm if they use a similar approach where it does work, or have an idea of what's wrong in my process?

thx in advance!

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,994 of 3,155
 Acain, I'll tell you what I was told that solidified my decision to buy a DX90.
He said, "..not a huge difference in sonics, but the DX90 has more output power than the others. The lower price of the DX90 is a bargain if you decide to keep it and if you decide to sell it you will not take a big dollar hit."
 I followed that advice and don't regret it. I'm enjoying the heck out of the DX90 and as an added bonus, it's capable of driving my HE-500s without an unacceptable dropoff in bottom end which occurs when the HE-500s are grossly underpowered.
Regards,
PM

Thanks that helps alot.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #1,995 of 3,155
hi - here's my first post to the forum :)

I have updated the firmware on my DX90 to the 215, mainly for the playlist support, but sound seems improved as well!
for my playlists, I'm using Dougscript's script to export an itunes playlist as a folder, with M3U & song files into that folder then save it onto a micro SD into for my DX.

although I can see the playlist file, with the icon crrectly showing it's recognized as a playlist file in my DX, and the playlist showing up in my playlist-list when scanning the library.When I load the playlist, it shows either no, or only a handful of songs from the playlist.  the songs themselves are correctly in the folder as well, so it seems the link between M3U and file which is off.

can anyone confirm if they use a similar approach where it does work, or have an idea of what's wrong in my process?

thx in advance!

You will need to manually edit the playlist file to get the path to the files correct with respect to the DX90 filesystem. Create a playlist on the DX90 and export it to see the correct pathname

Users who are viewing this thread

Back