THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jun 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #842 of 3,874
@ NoKTurNal

3/4" x 4" x 36" board. Legs are spaced 10" apart.

The Ikea legs have a metal plate that is intended to screw to the bottom of a cabinet. Drill the board for the threaded post and screw the plates onto the back with #6 x 1/2" screws. Thread the legs onto the front and tighten. I placed felt pads on the back so the metal plates don't scratch the wall. Then all you need are some sort of hooks to hang the board.

Good luck. I already have plans to make 2 more for the rest of my collection.

-Dogwan

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #843 of 3,874
Got this at a garage sale for $2. It's a chrome towel rack ( ? ) that has 3 swinging arms. I had to put some pipe insulation on the arms to make them thicker and a couple hammer-on end caps with rubber bushings to hold the foam tube snug and finish the ends with silver. There are a few sets of phones elsewhere I have not currently got on it. The third arm can be put on when the collection gets too big. It's an under $10 total thing. Not sure if I like it yet. It works though, and they are consolidated more or less in one or two spots around here rather than 40 stands. I have also seen a chrome upright shoe-rack that may work with a bit of careful bending the wire where the shoes slip onto.

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #845 of 3,874
HAHA! No way! How many have you stumbled onto??? I guess you're joking though right.

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #850 of 3,874
Here's my solution. Hehe.

073beb32.jpg

Jun 27, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #854 of 3,874
It's actually the container for seasons 1-5 of futurama. And the 4 movies :)

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #855 of 3,874
Great poor man hangers in Canada at Dollarama (Canadian Chain of Dollar Stores) It may not be pretty but I'm poor and moving soon so it was perfect for me.

Utility hook from Dollarama at $1.50 which comes in a pack of 5 . The screws are included but I don't have a screw driver So I nailed it in. I put some of those sticky felt pads you put on the bottom of furniture I had lying around where the headphones sit. I also bent them a bit to fit my headphones but the metal is very malleable so it worked easy with pliers. I will hopefully paint them soon to make them look a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back