THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #2,463 of 3,874
  I want 4 and I'm uber jealous of your set up! It looks awesome! 

Purposely limited it to 3 stands so this hobby is still sane :wink: *I actually started with 2 but then ran out of space*
Mid-Fi Feast hehe

Nicely done! Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

It is no where as pretty as some of the other works on here, but it gets the job done! Thanks for the nice words

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #2,464 of 3,874

Purposely limited it to 3 stands so this hobby is still sane :wink: *I actually started with 2 but then ran out of space*
Mid-Fi Feast hehe

It is no where as pretty as some of the other works on here, but it gets the job done! Thanks for the nice words

mmm that loos like a W3000 up there :D that's worth like 3 mid fi cans xD 

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2,465 of 3,874
It's taken me 3 days to look through this thread and all I can say is WOW!!!!
Thanks for all the inspiration.
Just have to wait till Christmas for my HD558s to arrive and then make a stand for them.

Thanks everyone.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #2,466 of 3,874
Yes I love this forum. I did the same thing. I spent a lot of time going through all of the posts and great stands that everyone has posted here and it really gives you some great ideas on making simple stands, to very complex ones. There are a lot of stands in this thread made by head-fi members that I would purchase if they were for sale. Needless to say, thanks to this thread I was able to make a decent headphone stand out of just spare wood found around the house. It doesn't compare to most of the others in this thread, but it works!

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #2,467 of 3,874
  Yes I love this forum. I did the same thing. I spent a lot of time going through all of the posts and great stands that everyone has posted here and it really gives you some great ideas on making simple stands, to very complex ones. There are a lot of stands in this thread made by head-fi members that I would purchase if they were for sale. Needless to say, thanks to this thread I was able to make a decent headphone stand out of just spare wood found around the house. It doesn't compare to most of the others in this thread, but it works!

:[ I just sold my Woo Audio stand! I might go HUNTING for a new stand today! Gonna hit up the thift stores and maybe find an old wooden something 

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #2,470 of 3,874
I need ideas on my 2nd headphone stand! [The first one isn't really a DIY..just a jar filled with paper stars... glittering xD ]

Wanted something that looks nice even without the headphone on it. Something that one may think it's an art instead of a headphone stand. Something that allows me to hide the cable [like the JustMobile stands]... I am thinking to make two of the same design. Been looking at modern vase and table designs still got nothing D: 

Would definitely appriciate to get recommendation from 

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #2,471 of 3,874
Have you seen the klutz design headphone stand?  to me that's the most beautiful.  hard to make diy though.  the two knobs are cool because they work with thick high end cables

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2,472 of 3,874
Have you seen the klutz design headphone stand?  to me that's the most beautiful.  hard to make diy though.  the two knobs are cool because they work with thick high end cables

Those stands are like $400 aren't they?

I'm going to cut my Omega Stand once I'm back at school this week

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #2,473 of 3,874

That thing looks awesome! I looked up on the prices for those. At amazon they want $599.00 for it  http://www.amazon.com/Klutz-Design-Luxury-Headphone-Stand/dp/B00CS6DK2O and at  Sound Approach $599.00 http://soundapproach.com/klutz-design-luxury-headphone-stand.html which I believe is the same seller selling it at Amazon. When I Google searched it, those were the only ones I could find for sale. Might be able to get them cheaper elsewhere though I am not sure. Also, I am not exactly sure if the one in the links provided is the same model as the awesome one you have pictured.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #2,474 of 3,874
Time for a special edition of the Sunday Morning Tap Handle Headphone Stand.

Someone suggested a tap handle of a beer that my father enjoyed.

My father was an engineer who liked beer, one of his brothers drove a beer truck, and the other brother worked at Stroh's brewery in Detroit for many years.  I remember them getting together on the holidays, and drinking Stroh's.  Obviously, my love of beer runs in the family.

RIP, Dad.

This tap handle was from my uncle that worked at the brewery:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back