The discovery thread!
Jun 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #11,237 of 103,559
Questions about warranty using tenso and amazon japan.

What happens if our amazon japan bought headphone goes defective?

Do we just contact amazon japan? Do we pay for the return shipping? Does amazon japan send us the replacement directly bypassing tenso?

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #11,239 of 103,559
Quote:
Questions about warranty using tenso and amazon japan.

What happens if our amazon japan bought headphone goes defective?

Do we just contact amazon japan? Do we pay for the return shipping? Does amazon japan send us the replacement directly bypassing tenso?

I know you can get a refund from amazon japan just like you would at any other amazon.. It is painless as it is all in Engish. It does ask for a Japanese address so I think it would have to be a return only, because if they sent a replacement it would go to the tenso address. So you have to be pretty choosy about stuff you get from Amazon Japan.. But at least it is refundable if you decide you want to pay for shipping back to Japan. Minus tenso charges. They will have a RMA shipping label for you if you decide to return an item I think as long as it is within a month. They give you a due date for returns.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #11,240 of 103,559
BLACKHAWKS like good sounds too! CHAMPIONS!! CHI-TOWN!! 
font]

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #11,241 of 103,559
Quote:
I know you can get a refund from amazon japan just like you would at any other amazon.. It is painless as it is all in Engish. It does ask for a Japanese address so I think it would have to be a return only, because if they sent a replacement it would go to the tenso address. So you have to be pretty choosy about stuff you get from Amazon Japan.. But at least it is refundable if you decide you want to pay for shipping back to Japan. Minus tenso charges. They will have a RMA shipping label for you if you decide to return an item I think as long as it is within a month. They give you a due date for returns.

Thanks Mr. Nuts.

So basically for replacements, we have to pay out of pocket to send back to Amazon Japan.  And then when Amazon sends it to the Tenso address, we would have to pay out of pocket again for Tenso to send it to us.?

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #11,242 of 103,559
Quote:
the s400 are more musical to me... cleaner bass vs the s500 and highs are not as harsh. the CALs i think are more refined but ill give the s500 another listen. build and travel friendliness goes to JVC, but comfort is CAL.

OK, after a brief side by side its a real tossup in a couple of ways between the s500 and the CALs. s500 need less power, bass has more power, but at the same time the drivers need to be right at your ear. once you replace the pads you get more comfort they dont perform the same in that area. The cals are more relaxed with more mids and use a bit more juice do get the same kind of bass volume but with its bigger driver the bass does a pretty good job at high volumes and they get the points for comfort. 

BLACKHAWKS like good sounds too! CHAMPIONS!! CHI-TOWN!! 
font]

what an ending, there was even serious blood in the game

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #11,243 of 103,559
Quote:
what an ending, there was even serious blood in the game

Damn. There's still 3 minutes left in the 3rd for me and the Bruins are ahead!

Edit: unreal ending. Wow.

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #11,244 of 103,559
Quote:

Thanks Mr. Nuts.

So basically for replacements, we have to pay out of pocket to send back to Amazon Japan.  And then when Amazon sends it to the Tenso address, we would have to pay out of pocket again for Tenso to send it to us.?

One last question to this Tenso stuff.

Since it's sent by EMS, do we need the separate insurance?

Thanks folks, I'm still new to this Tenso business.  

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #11,245 of 103,559
New ath-ckf77 glamour is already in preorder on Cdjapan for $35 shipped. Guys who are saying that audio technica is releasing too much stuff. It isn't true, they so far in this year have released only 6 models. Ckn70/cks55x/cks77x/ws33x/ws55x and next month ckf77. For really big manufacturer it isn't much.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #11,248 of 103,559
Quote:
maybe you should get the ATH ckn70? I think everyone came to a conclusion that it is "better" than JVC and it's the same form factor....

Yeah, I'm reading those are turning out to be better than expected now with the Phillips tips.

Quote:
I want AT to make a new http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-EM7-GM-Adjustable-Headphones/dp/B0009GWXAK/ref=pd_sxp_f_i

I wish clip on headphones were more common.  Such a great form factor.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #11,249 of 103,559
Quote:

True! But I wouldn't be surprised if those aren't quite popular with the ladies - they actually look pretty nice as an accessory. If they sound good too, watch out! Maybe even Sf will end up sporting them since he likes bling so much! 
size]

Nah i don't swing that way, that's too much bling even for me. I will have to sit this one out gias.
deadhorse.gif

Quote:
Always thought Sf would have gotten the F500...

as they are still probably the coolest looking AT bling phone IMO. Gotta love the key shaped cord wrap and the little lock in the Y.

Holy mackerel!!! The Fff is this thing. Tried to look it up but can't even find any pics/ info on it whatsoever. Did this thing even see the light of day???
eek.gif
You got some top secret material there jants.

And LMAO a key shaped cord wrap, those damn in-genius Jpnese. Is that a piece if diamond i see where the cable spits to a Y??? HA!  

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #11,250 of 103,559
Quote:
The Ocharaku flagship is more like $800...

I consider the new "Kuro" the actual flagship which is around $450 I think.  The Hifiman RE-600 price is close, too close for a single dynamic driver which is the same driver as in the RE-262 / RE-272, confirmed by Russian forums.

I don't think there is any remarkable new technology in the RE-600 unlike the other dynamic driver flagships, I'd like someone to compare it to the RE272 first.  Just my view.

Quote:
maybe you should get the ATH ckn70? I think everyone came to a conclusion that it is "better" than JVC and it's the same form factor....

How is the sound of FXD80 versus CKN70?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back