The discovery thread!
May 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #10,351 of 104,434
Quote:
Dude, ceramic is just a fancy word so that people like you would buy into it and go all jelly.

The Tenores are built from carbon and aluminium, 2 materials in the world that have been design to be unbelievably strong.

If my Tenores fought your brittle and weak ceramic cheapies, those TDKs would be on the ground and decomposing within 5 mins lmao
tongue.gif

aluminum?  like the stuff my soda cans are made of?  the ones that my 4 year old god daughter crushes with her little hands?

carbon is an element.... it wasn't designed.

But im rooting for the TDK's.  

May 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #10,354 of 104,434
It doesn't look like I am getting my ceramic IE-500 beauties today. Oh the despair! :triportsad:

But on a more positive note, it does look like I am getting both the VSD1 and FX3X's in today. I suppose that negates the despair somewhat... :D

Haha aww gutted mate, at least now you will have time to consider the Tenore. :D

aluminum?  like the stuff my soda cans are made of?  the ones that my 4 year old god daughter crushes with her little hands?

carbon is an element.... it wasn't designed.

But im rooting for the TDK's.  

Lol, no I meant the tough aluminium bike frames.

May 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #10,355 of 104,434
Quote:
Are all removable cables proprietary to the headphone? I'm wondering how one goes about replacing the removable cables if they ever break. Is it only through the manufacturer?

Some, not all. Shure cables are proprietary. Westone models, understandably, use the Westone standard cable which almost all custom IEMs use as well.

May 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #10,356 of 104,434
Detachable for $25 + Free Shipping....

Next time I have $25 in my account I know what I am buying.

What's the big deal about detachable cables? Do you often break cables?

I am quite rough with my stuff. Still young so I don't spend much time at home and when I do I am probably pacing. Things happen here and there, especially with a cheap pair of headphones and their super skinny wires

May 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #10,357 of 104,434
I am quite rough with my stuff. Still young so I don't spend much time at home and when I do I am probably pacing. Things happen here and there, especially with a cheap pair of headphones and their super skinny wires

Sounds like someone needs to take more care of their treasured possessions lol

May 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #10,358 of 104,434

Sounds like someone needs to take more care of their treasured possessions lol

Try as I might I just can't get this down. I'm just pretty reckless with my things because they are all replacable. If one thing breaks I will just get another. Luckily, I haven't broken any headphones in a couple years but I still like having that option as I am always on the move and I always have my headphones in my ears.

My cat, for example, attacked the 385 the second I took it out of the package and put it in my ear.

May 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #10,359 of 104,434
I just received used CKN70 (over 700 hours burn in) and I foiund that the treble is too bright/sharp.  Since they are too bright/sharp, the timbre/tone is not correct.  For example, the snare drum and tom don't sound right because the treble is too high.  I tried the largest and 2nd largest stock tips.

Will switching to the Philips SHE3590 tips fix this issue, or do I need to try other IEMs?  I do love the clarity and detail, but don't like the timbre/tone.

May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #10,360 of 104,434
Maybe carbon nanotubes are not for you. I personally prefer the BAs over them but nothing beats dynamic drivers in producing a more natural sound/timbre.

May 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #10,361 of 104,434
Quote:
I just received used CKN70 (over 700 hours burn in) and I foiund that the treble is too bright/sharp.  Since they are too bright/sharp, the timbre/tone is not correct.  For example, the snare drum and tom don't sound right because the treble is too high.  I tried the largest and 2nd largest stock tips.

Will switching to the Philips SHE3590 tips fix this issue, or do I need to try other IEMs?  I do love the clarity and detail, but don't like the timbre/tone.

The Sony MH1C tips also sounds great on the CKN70s. So it is worth to get those just for the tips me thinks.

Anywho my Corecool V2s just landed and initial impressions are pretty good. Much more impressive then I thought they wouldn't be. They sound more impressive upon open box than my FXZ200s that's for sure. haha
triportsad.gif
But only time will tell how they really fare against the rest......

@glorfy
yeppp, these corecool v2 cables will also work with those iems of yours.
wink_face.gif

May 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #10,362 of 104,434
@glorfy
yeppp, these corecool v2 cables will also work with those iems of yours.

Are the cables any good? The Xears cables  are pretty good for rubberised flat cables, but I'm not a fan of that type of cable. They are much better cables than MH1C though!

I've been looking for V2 cables sold seperately - I can't justify another Dual Driver iem!

Be very interested to hear another opinion of the Corecool V2 and their sound signature.

May 31, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #10,363 of 104,434
Quote:
Maybe carbon nanotubes are not for you. I personally prefer the BAs over them but nothing beats dynamic drivers in producing a more natural sound/timbre.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are BAs and which IEMs have dynamic drivers?

I don't know if it's a carbon nanotube problem.  I also have the JVC HA-S500 and the sound/timbre is much more accurate.

May 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #10,364 of 104,434
Forgive my ignorance, but what are BAs and which IEMs have dynamic drivers?

I don't know if it's a carbon nanotube problem.  I also have the JVC HA-S500 and the sound/timbre is much more accurate.

Balanced Armature like the Sony XBA's, Logitech UEs, Westone's, Shure's, etc...

Dynamic drivers like in your Monoprice, Philips 3580/90, Sony mh1c, Zero Audio DX200/210, etc...

May 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #10,365 of 104,434
Quote:
Are the cables any good? The Xears cables  are pretty good for rubberised flat cables, but I'm not a fan of that type of cable. They are much better cables than MH1C though!

I've been looking for V2 cables sold seperately - I can't justify another Dual Driver iem!

Be very interested to hear another opinion of the Corecool V2 and their sound signature.

They are EXTREMELY light, and has a nice smooth texture to them. The cable itself feels pretty solid but the plastic piece where the cable splits seems to be made out of cheap light plastic as is the 3.5mm jack. It MIGHT be made out of aluminum but i doubt it cuz it feels pretty cheap and the strain relief on the 3.5mm jack is really stiff.  When the music is not on and you shake the cable you get a good amount of microphonics but when it's on you don't really notice it.

So how do they sound so far....

The subbass on these reaches DEEP, just as deep if not slightly deeper than my FXZ200s.
blink.gif
They sound pretty transparent upon open box which is surprising. The bass is BIG and punchy but has good speed and texture to them. The lows doesn't really bleed into the rest of the sonic spectrum, mids sound a bit recessed but doesn't feel lacking at all, the highs are nicely extended without any sibilance or harshness. Despite these being bass centric they are not dark sounding, the sound is pretty balanced cuz the entire sonic spectrum is adequately presented.  Take this with a grain of salt cuz these are pretty rough initial impressions.

I have a feeling ALL the corecool v2 lookalikes sounds about the same if not exactly the same. But i could be wrong though, they sound pretty impressive so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back