The discovery thread!
May 15, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #101,566 of 103,553
I also believe that DSP is the future. Not just a bit of EQ to overcome some tuning problems. I’m talking about room simulation, dynamic EQs, that sorts of things. Imaging having a 3D scan of your ears loaded to a dongle, which transform the sound of an IEM with known response to match your HRTF 100%, and then crossfeed is applied correctly, and then preference is added to the response .
:eyes: :vulcan::astonished:

May 15, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #101,567 of 103,553
I'm a sucker for 1DD's so I wanted to ask if some more people jumped on the INTUAURA Splendor II yet?
They popped up on HiFiGo and I tried to find some more info here. Read @Argha's review on them (though they had a different color which HiFiGo doesn't seem to offer) and became interested. Right now I listen to the Himalaya and really dig them a lot.
I too have one coming for review. I'll post my impressions in the next couple of weeks.
That’s interesting. I don’t really watch his videos since that gopro cam gives me motion sickness :dt880smile: I heard that outside the goofy onscreen persona, he is quite a hardcore audio geek with measurements and DSP.

I also believe that DSP is the future. Not just a bit of EQ to overcome some tuning problems. I’m talking about room simulation, dynamic EQs, that sorts of things. Imaging having a 3D scan of your ears loaded to a dongle, which transform the sound of an IEM with known response to match your HRTF 100%, and then crossfeed is applied correctly, and then preference is added to the response .
Ya his videos make me motion sick too 😫

May 15, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #101,568 of 103,553
That’s interesting. I don’t really watch his videos since that gopro cam gives me motion sickness :dt880smile: I heard that outside the goofy onscreen persona, he is quite a hardcore audio geek with measurements and DSP.

Isn't Creative trying to do something similar with SXFI at the moment?

May 15, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #101,569 of 103,553

I don’t watch him all the time, but do have a history going back (maybe to 2013-2014?) when he used to shoot videos in his basement, before the apartment and before the house basement.

Years ago around 2016, before I got fully into IEMs he seemed to review a few full-size headphones that I had. The really strange part is now I get email links to both him and his gals on-line content almost everyday? :) Wait.....in-fact everyday and maybe 2X a day!

So I don’t watch these videos, but am somehow aware of what they both are up to, as far as online media. Haha! This on-line world is very different from the 70s 80s 90s....2000, 2010! I guess I could eventually learn to remove these email notices, but I simply let stuff be?

May 15, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #101,570 of 103,553

Then don’t try the VR headsets, they make me motion sick! Boats too.

May 15, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #101,571 of 103,553
I'm a sucker for 1DD's so I wanted to ask if some more people jumped on the INTUAURA Splendor II yet?
They popped up on HiFiGo and I tried to find some more info here. Read @Argha's review on them (though they had a different color which HiFiGo doesn't seem to offer) and became interested. Right now I listen to the Himalaya and really dig them a lot.
I've barely taken my set out of my ears since they arrived. Absolutely incredible for games too based on some time last night.

May 15, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #101,572 of 103,553
So... I had the TimeEar BTE-8 for a couple weeks now, bout time I share my thoughts lmao
  • Price: $49 (China)
  • Output: 3.5mm, 4.4mm
  • Wireless Chipset: Qualcomm QCC5125
  • DAC: Dual CS43131
  • Battery Capacity: 500mAh
  • Battery Life: 12 hours
  • Codec: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX-HD, aptX-LL, LDAC, LHDC, HWA
  • Gain switch: Three stages
  • Equalizer: Three presets
  • Firmware: OTA, upgradable
First of all, this has to be the nicest feeling dongle in the hand, regardless of price point. It has a smooth anodised aluminium casing WITH rounded edges. Its finishing is buttery smooth and nice to the touch but it's more susceptible to scratches. It makes the DC04pro feel cheaper in hand cuz of its rough anodised surface and jagged edges. I'm pretty sure you could tell just by looking at the pic that it's well built.

Sound wise, it is more resolving than DC04pro but it looses out big time in tone and timbre: lower mids is lean and the treble is not the most natural. Soundstage is also noticeably wider than DC04pro but vocals and instruments at the center sound further away - kinda like RU7. I disliked how the RU7 sound so it's the same with this.

The only problem I have with this bluetooth dongle has is how it handles incoming source from multiple devices. It doesn't know what to do when there's audio coming from more one device, cuz it'll just jump between both devices, making a weird jitter noise until either one stops playing. This could be fixed with a software update but I don't think it will ever be.

1000051934.jpg

Full review will come eventually, maybe 💀

I'll try asking TimeEar if it'll ever be released outside of China

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #101,573 of 103,553
I don’t really watch his videos since that gopro cam gives me motion sickness :dt880smile:
On the other hand, I can't stand those videos with fingers only waving on the screen.
I skip that immediately.

It would have been way easier 20 years ago (I doubt) with 19" screen TVs.
But today, you have 80% of the screen covered with giant fingers waving on a 75" TV.

It's so neurotic to watch. It's like watching a horror movie.

I get that his way with GoPro is not the most fun thing to watch, but I love the man's character.

And it could have been his idea; was he the first to do videos (reviews) like that?

Cheers!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #101,574 of 103,553
There might be a huge mismanagement from the Brand. They MIGHT HAVE sent me a Intuaura SPLENDOR Soprano instead of Splendor II. The colours are different.

When asked about the issue, both brand and provider confirmed that those are the Splendor II. So I am leaving it right there.

May 15, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #101,575 of 103,553
I've barely taken my set out of my ears since they arrived. Absolutely incredible for games too based on some time last night.
I guess you refer to the Himalaya, and if so, I just have no other choice as to agree... Even though I have 2 way more expensive IEMs here and tried/sold others.

This 1DD with this dual layer carbon nanotube coating thing and the special tuning makes some kind of magic. It is at the same time very detailed but still far far away from fatiguing, actually rather relaxed and super engaging sounding. Tuning managed that sibilance is so well under control but still you get lots of detail in these freq ranges.
Really impressively well done 1DD and I like, that even if some www reviews were mixed, the community here knows exactly what the Himalaya are able to deliver.
I even dare to say that they play above their price point. So, here you have it. 😜💪👏

May 15, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #101,576 of 103,553
I guess you refer to the Himalaya, and if so, I just have no other choice as to agree... Even though I have 2 way more expensive IEMs here and tried/sold others.

This 1DD with this dual layer carbon nanotube coating thing and the special tuning makes some kind of magic. It is at the same time very detailed but still far far away from fatiguing, actually rather relaxed and super engaging sounding. Tuning managed that sibilance is so well under control but still you get lots of detail in these freq ranges.
Really impressively well done 1DD and I like, that even if some www reviews were mixed, the community here knows exactly what the Himalaya are able to deliver.
I even dare to say that they play above their price point. So, here you have it. 😜💪👏
They are one of the very best releases this year, in my book. Especially when you consider the price.......stupid good sound quality.

May 15, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #101,577 of 103,553
"You take me higher still
I know you always will
You take me higher still
You've been healing my heart

Music is the answer to your problems
Keep on moving, then you can solve them
Music is the answer to your problems
Keep on moving, then you can solve them
Music is the answer to your problems"

May 15, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #101,578 of 103,553
Terrible news indeed ... it is in moments like these that we need that dollar or two (or 600) to always to be at hand.

But, what exactly did happen to these poor fellas?
The right side connector was loose and as I was putting them up after lunch, it disconnected and fell to the floor.
(I don't notice that they had fallen.)
It was later stepped on and crushed.
And so was I...
I feel very blessed to find another one and actually be in a position to buy it.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #101,579 of 103,553
Hey ya'll, I got some information on the Tanjim 4u. Getting one in as a sample. I wanted to know your opinions on it:

DMT 4Ultra Single Dynamic Driver TechnologyDelivers <0.05% distortion, stronger dynamics, and higher efficiency for clear, immersive sound.

Sounds like promising iem with various Bass tuning for hopefully a reasonable price:
DfcseQxyoi7MknJrxOgcHuOdsc_DrlXsmIlFgeux7A0YkYomXB_tREWNpK7RHkFbZDZS15I4f65qtC88Jjh2GoL3_jnybERza6C7A2JcC6FJGr7inTHAlvPsVQ1G8lIdCVzDUBWmm1tG4KwJvw7j6FA

May 15, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #101,580 of 103,553
There might be a huge mismanagement from the Brand. They MIGHT HAVE sent me a Intuaura SPLENDOR Soprano instead of Splendor II. The colours are different.

When asked about the issue, both brand and provider confirmed that those are the Splendor II. So I am leaving it right there.
Is yours one of these colors, because they offer a few colors? All are the model, supposedly! :)
2707D88C-6981-4487-8DEF-02924F47E30C.jpeg
DB0FBCCF-4D3B-4062-9CC7-E4517904F366.png
D88280C3-E2F1-48D9-A2B8-BC36B507B11B.jpeg
BBCA3CF5-2086-4911-8ACC-74CC194B719C.png
DAD2317D-7D61-44A5-AF0B-5F801473DD2C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back