The discovery thread!
May 15, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #101,596 of 103,555
I chose normal instead cos in a video review of the wide bore option - they looked far too wide to me (given that they're uber squidgy)...maybe I should change the order before they're shipped out?? - cos I don't want to curtail the stage or bass obviously...cheers !!
I find the wide ones are too short and kind of pancake like, which I don’t really like. They sound good though.

May 15, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #101,597 of 103,555
I got the Omni in the same order, and those are literally never going to work for me lol… I don’t even have an IEM with a small enough nozzle for it lol.

Going in my next classifieds order for free 😂

Yes, my humble opinion is that every audiophile who uses IEMs needs a nice collection of tips. its the simplest way to modify the sound, I find EQ to be too much work with IEMs. I use them on too many different devices.

Here are my favorites, Symbio / Baroque / Divinus / final E / Penon stock / Corier / W1 / CP100 / Azla Origin / XWB
ahhh man, the stem is definitely a little tight on those, I have to admit but I was still able to squeeze them on the Monarchs which has a pretty big nozzle! I ultimately went with the Azla Vivids, which, I think is probably my favorite tip I've ever tried at this point. They have the same general shape and size to the Crystals (my previous favorite tip) but with a more matte finish on the flange, making them not sticky and a little dust magnet! But I agree, I never EQ unless I'm just playing around and want to hear something different. It can be fun but also like you said, too much work. Not to mention, it usually degrades the sound quite a bit unless you're using it on a Desktop, which I never do. I'm mostly on the go, using the BTR7 or the Muse M4, which, is a sick little DAC/Amp :)
I chose normal instead cos in a video review of the wide bore option - they looked far too wide to me (given that they're uber squidgy)...maybe I should change the order before they're shipped out?? - cos I don't want to curtail the stage or bass obviously...cheers !!
Try em out, brother. In my experience, wider bore tips just work better for me. Especially shorter wide bore tips. When you have a shorter driver-to-ear drum distance, for me at least, it seems to improved mid-bass impact quite a bit. My favorite short, wide bore tip goes to the Whizzer SS20. Those things are killer! And Cheap :wink:

May 15, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #101,599 of 103,555
Have you got both to compare then? What's your impression regarding how they affect bass, treble, vocals, stage etc ??

How they sound is kind of personal but pretty much what Dom said in terms of how wide bores typically sound and differ vs narrower bore tips. I don’t know if the soft material also makes a bit of a difference?

Attachments

• IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
May 15, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #101,600 of 103,555
ahhh man, the stem is definitely a little tight on those, I have to admit but I was still able to squeeze them on the Monarchs which has a pretty big nozzle! I ultimately went with the Azla Vivids, which, I think is probably my favorite tip I've ever tried at this point. They have the same general shape and size to the Crystals (my previous favorite tip) but with a more matte finish on the flange, making them not sticky and a little dust magnet! But I agree, I never EQ unless I'm just playing around and want to hear something different. It can be fun but also like you said, too much work. Not to mention, it usually degrades the sound quite a bit unless you're using it on a Desktop, which I never do. I'm mostly on the go, using the BTR7 or the Muse M4, which, is a sick little DAC/Amp :)

Try em out, brother. In my experience, wider bore tips just work better for me. Especially shorter wide bore tips. When you have a shorter driver-to-ear drum distance, for me at least, it seems to improved mid-bass impact quite a bit. My favorite short, wide bore tip goes to the Whizzer SS20. Those things are killer! And Cheap :wink:
Thanks for the Whizzer SS20 rec - they're cheap on eBay, so I'll try them out...cheers bro !!

May 15, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #101,601 of 103,555
How they sound is kind of personal but pretty much what Dom said in terms of how wide bores typically sound and differ vs narrower bore tips. I don’t know if the soft material also makes a bit of a difference?
I've amended my order now...so hopefully Linsoul pick up the message in time ta !!

May 15, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #101,602 of 103,555
The Vivid sounds like the Azla Origin a bit, which is my new favorite for bass and shallow fitting nozzles. i need to order some more Azla stuff!

May 15, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #101,603 of 103,555
Thanks for the Whizzer SS20 rec - they're cheap on eBay, so I'll try them out...cheers bro !!
Hell yeah, brother! Do you happen to live in the US?! There's a clone on Amazon Prime that I bought recently that feels EXACTLY the same as the Whizzers but EVEN cheaper... Happy to link you to them.

Interestingly, I can't find the listing on Amazon, even the order is gone from my purchases! Weird.

May 15, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #101,604 of 103,555
Hell yeah, brother! Do you happen to live in the US?! There's a clone on Amazon Prime that I bought recently that feels EXACTLY the same as the Whizzers but EVEN cheaper... Happy to link you to them.

Interestingly, I can't find the listing on Amazon, even the order is gone from my purchases! Weird.
No worries dude...I'm in the UK - occasionally order via Amazon US...fortunately they're on e-bay for £5.99 thanks pal.

May 15, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #101,605 of 103,555
No worries dude...I'm in the UK - occasionally order via Amazon US...fortunately they're on e-bay for £5.99 thanks pal.
Now that's a deal! Enjoy, man!

May 15, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #101,607 of 103,555
Thanks will do...tbf I wouldn't have checked, if you hadn't pointed them out...I agree wide bore is the way forward (- been using wide bore SpinFits regularly.)
Happy to share all my experience with the community, it isn't much but sometimes there are small things that make a big difference! I hope they work for you and you find a new favorite :)

May 15, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #101,609 of 103,555
For me the Tri Clarions have often ended up being a "last resort" option if I just can't get a good fit with anything else. I think because they're so wide and stiff they tend to equalize out a lot of differences between IEM shell shapes.

Not that I don't enjoy their sound in general, I often do quite a bit, but they feel like a consistent 7-8/10 on fit whereas other tips can occasionally get a little better than that on a 1 off basis depending on the IEM.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #101,610 of 103,555
Liqueur. Sorry, I only corrected you to make it easier for people to search.
I know. I say Lacquer because that's what Penon mean to call them. Licquor makes absolutely no sense unless they made them with a dash of alcohol in them? lol They have a Lacquer finish, but yeah, the official name to search is Liquor tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back