The discovery thread!
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #91,846 of 103,670
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #91,847 of 103,670
Good to hear that Wind improves with burn in. Got mine for Xmas and also currently have mixed feelings about it. Hopefully putting more hours on them will get them to where I am happy.

Currently for me the biggest issue is the imaging. Whilst they have good width, at times the centre of stage can sound very congested with poor seperation, so it is like a wall of noise coming at you. On less busy tracks they can sound excellent.
Try them with Dunu S&S, I think they improve the imaging.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #91,848 of 103,670
I already have the Dunu Zen Pro and I’m really curious about the Simgot EA1000 Fermat. Wonder how they compare to each other. Anybody has tried them both? I’m tempted to pull the trigger.

DSC05894_Processed_01.png
203A2258_1600x.png

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #91,851 of 103,670
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #91,852 of 103,670
I already have the Dunu Zen Pro and I’m really curious about the Simgot EA1000 Fermat. Wonder how they compare to each other. Anybody has tried them both? I’m tempted to pull the trigger.

DSC05894_Processed_01.png 203A2258_1600x.png
Contrasting IEM. Zen is warm and full across while EA1000 is a bit more about details and clarity. If you want contrast jump right in. But if you want similar signature let me suggest you the QoA Aviation. Similarly smooth with very good bass and better treble clarity.
In any case, pick the one closer to your liking. Don't give into hype or peer pressure.

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #91,853 of 103,670
Just ordered for giggles. The early bird price and specs make it a compelling purchase over something like the Moondrop Dawn Pro. The Dawn Pro is just so cute though, it looks like a baby Schiit Asgard.
Let me know what you think of the BHD when it arrives! The dawn pro has similar specifications but the power output is very different. I do not know which one to buy to replace my "ibasso dc03"...

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #91,854 of 103,670
Hello Friends,

Today I posted my review for the Tangzu NEZHA on my YT. I am still working on completing my written review for the Head-Fi page. Apparently, an IEM that reminds me of the legendary Sennheiser HD600 with its rich, smooth, and musical sound with absolutely brilliant vocals. And I ended up buying a unit from Tangzu. They were kind enough to offer me a discount. Now my unit is in transit haha. Hope you guys enjoy the video review.

P.S. I get a little nervous in front of the camera, and also I am kind of not very good at English speaking so kindly bear with me and forgive me for any mistakes in English.

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #91,855 of 103,670
What was your hi-fi album of the year?

I'm kind of curious is everyone else has the same experience I have with listening to new music through the lens of being an audiophile. I always round up my favorite albums of the year, but I realized that in the last two years I've developed a secondary list of rankings for albums in terms of how much they satisfied my ears from a technical standpoint than a musical one. This year my favorite hi-fi album of the year is not the same as my favorite album of the year.

So selfishly I'm on the lookout for new music to test out gear against, let me know your go-to from this year, I'll go first:

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again
220px-Oneohtrix_Point_Never_-_Again.png

I wanted this album to be my favorite album of the year, but ultimately it isn't there. The lead single from the album contains in it all the content the rest of the album has, it's a great song, "A Barely Lit Path", but it's so good at getting the vibe of the album across at times I felt like the rest of the album was superfluous. But despite all of that the rest of the album has some of hte best production that I've heard this year. The mix is fantastic and the sounds span the entire range of my gear in a way that really satisfies and tests the limits of my hearing and my gear's reproduction capabilities.

You have to be interested in electronic-orchestral-ambience to listen to the whole album but several of the tracks will really span the frequency response of your favorite gear. Start with "A Barely Lit Path" then check out "Locrian Midwest" and "Nightmare Paint" to challenge your ears.

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #91,856 of 103,670
Normally such simple DAPS, like many I have, just sort the tracks using the order of the FAT table. That order is updated when the files are copied, so the order is due to when the files are copied to the SD card.
In short, what you need to do is to sort the FAT table with some software like FAT Sorter or something like that.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/FAT-Sorter.shtml

Try using it, it might work...
Yeah thought so, the sound is worth the effort, id normally steer out, but its crisp and exciting with awesome bass.
Hope this works with Mac, let me see and thank you
Hope it sorts out the sd card compatibility or size, not sure what it is

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #91,857 of 103,670
What was your hi-fi album of the year?

I'm kind of curious is everyone else has the same experience I have with listening to new music through the lens of being an audiophile. I always round up my favorite albums of the year, but I realized that in the last two years I've developed a secondary list of rankings for albums in terms of how much they satisfied my ears from a technical standpoint than a musical one. This year my favorite hi-fi album of the year is not the same as my favorite album of the year.

So selfishly I'm on the lookout for new music to test out gear against, let me know your go-to from this year, I'll go first:

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again
220px-Oneohtrix_Point_Never_-_Again.png

I wanted this album to be my favorite album of the year, but ultimately it isn't there. The lead single from the album contains in it all the content the rest of the album has, it's a great song, "A Barely Lit Path", but it's so good at getting the vibe of the album across at times I felt like the rest of the album was superfluous. But despite all of that the rest of the album has some of hte best production that I've heard this year. The mix is fantastic and the sounds span the entire range of my gear in a way that really satisfies and tests the limits of my hearing and my gear's reproduction capabilities.

You have to be interested in electronic-orchestral-ambience to listen to the whole album but several of the tracks will really span the frequency response of your favorite gear. Start with "A Barely Lit Path" then check out "Locrian Midwest" and "Nightmare Paint" to challenge your ears.

I must give that a try - I bought his early albums but lost track in more recent years.

Hard to call a favourite at the moment but this is certainly up there, and fantastic also for testing sonic capabilities. Also electronic - abstract techno probably a reasonable tag with a lot of complexity and excellent production.

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #91,858 of 103,670
I must give that a try - I bought his early albums but lost track in more recent years.

Hard to call a favourite at the moment but this is certainly up there, and fantastic also for testing sonic capabilities. Also electronic - abstract techno probably a reasonable tag with a lot of complexity and excellent production.

I liked Peter Gabriel’s I/O.

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #91,859 of 103,670

Users who are viewing this thread

Back