The discovery thread!
Dec 8, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #90,901 of 103,774
Another weakness of EM6L on instrument's rendition was also percussive ones like the impact is somewhat a tad too soft in my liking and hollow sounding too. Male vocals won't fare even better on EM6L unless it is a countertenor. Like this is also the weaknesses of most Harman tuning sets that I have tested.
That seems to be a quality of all the Simgots? The soft impact. The bass and midbass is soft. Especially with the EW200, but I still can't take them out of my ears!

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #90,902 of 103,774
That seems to be a weakness of all the Simgots? The soft impact. The bass and midbass is soft. Especially with the EW200, but I still can't take them out of my ears!

These are the reason that I have some dislikes on VDSF target curve on some sets like KXXS, KATO, ARIA and SSR. That's why I'm quite ambivalent on Moondrop sets lately.

And EW200 seems bugging me lately since I publish the EPZ Q5, I always receiving PMs on the same enquiry on which is better? EPZ Q5 or SIMGOT EW200.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #90,903 of 103,774
JVC had their legendary HA-FXT90 in 2011. Dual dynamic. Not to mention the Havi B3 in 2013 and the Mee M-Duo in 2014.
AKG in 2017 introduced their N25 IEM, a dual driver IEM which I carry with me in my work bag every day. Nice sound, quality mic and I've always found it handy that it has an iOS/Android switch on the inline controls so I can use it with whatever I plug it into.

Dec 8, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #90,904 of 103,774
Is there an IEM that sounds very similar to the Penon Fan 2 at $150 or below?

I like the Fan so much I was thinking about getting a 2nd pair and adding a different cable, but if there's something similar at a good price, I may prefer to go that route rather than have two of the same thing.

I'm bad about buying two of something when I really like it.
Ziigaat Cinno

Dec 9, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #90,905 of 103,774
Howdy folks!

My review of the Magic One is finally done. You can find it on head-fi and my blog. Making this review was a blast. I haven't had such enjoyment in making a review for a while, and I hope that you would enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Let me know if you have any question.

magicone_summary.jpg

Dec 9, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #90,906 of 103,774
These are the reason that I have some dislikes on VDSF target curve on some sets like KXXS, KATO, ARIA and SSR. That's why I'm quite ambivalent on Moondrop sets lately.

And EW200 seems bugging me lately since I publish the EPZ Q5, I always receiving PMs on the same enquiry on which is better? EPZ Q5 or SIMGOT EW200.
I recently sold a bundle of my IEM's that were in my drawer box, which included the Moondrop KXXS. I had said I wouldn't ever sell it, despite not using it very much, but I'm gearing up for a year end purchase and I finally decided to part with the KXXS, so my only Moondrop left in my collection is my Crescent (which is an excellent budget IEM, but is plagued by bad QC). My EW200 is vastly superior to the KXXS and is 5x cheaper.

Dec 9, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #90,907 of 103,774
HOLY HELL!!! I'm flabbergasted! $20.00 for the EW200?! This is what $20.00 will buy you nowadays?! I remember when I paid about $20 with tax for a one dimensional sounding bass heavy, mid recessed Skullcandy Ink'd IEM. Now I plugged the Simgot EW200 into my Sony NW-WM1A with my Fiio amp for the first time since I got them and started listening to Live - Mental Jewelry, and it almost brought tears to my eyes. These are playing on the same sonic playing field as my Hifiman RE800, Wu Zetian, Shangri-la's, and the IE600 in ecvery aspect EXCEPT bass weight. Snap and bass resolution/speed? Absolutely. Yes. Stage is wide, circular, and enveloping. I do not exaggerate. What splendid synergy with the Sony DAP!

So now I'm super curious and interested in how the EW200 compares with the EA1000 or the EM6L or the EA500?! Or that Oriveti OD200?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #90,908 of 103,774
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #90,909 of 103,774
So now I'm super curious and interested in how the EW200 compares with the EA1000 or the EM6L or the EA500?! Or that Oriveti OD200?
I am as excited as you sound. Having tried both the OD200 and EA1000, I can only say your excitement is going to touch the sky after you listen to these two. These two are brilliant pairs. While the OD200 is a definition of how a single DD iem should sound - immersive and matured, the EA1000 on the other hand is a super energetic iem - lot of details and good bass and treble on it.

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #90,910 of 103,774
Trn Conch: A set that gives the impression of carry about the customer, about providing the best value for the money spent.. nice build shells, nice cable with modular connectors, metal box.. great tips... BUT... the sound even with the changeable nozzles is.. still sibilant, too sharp, unpleasant (even with red nozzle). So little is missing to happiness, exactly two low density foams to put into red nozzles... and then we would get something complete and worthy of recommendation. A nicely served dish will not change the distaste that the dish will cause.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #90,911 of 103,774
Well, first impressions are super nice with the SuperTFZ Crown. A single full-range DD yet with both a sub-bass kick and a nice (forward) focused midrange and treble. First thing you notice is the big, big stage, offering a window down into the bass response, Yet also a fluid and comfortable midrange expanding way out into the stage. I won't say too much as they just came out of the postal box 10 minutes ago, but very very competitive, more separation than the SIMGOT AE1000, wild how far the bass is separated, this really does not sound like a single DD in any form or fashion? Nice separated treble elements too.....hard to put into perspective as yet, but I can say this will be an easy review to write. Better bass than the EA1000? Great timbre too. Probably the sub-bass that's the most fascinating at this point, I mean it all really works here? Warm and still exciting, but it's the separation and stage and imaging that is special here? Treble is not quite as separated as you might find with a Hybrid, yet it sounds totally correct timbre wise, but the Crown goes low into the bass.....that's why seeing the graph right off was a little miss-leading.DSC_0447.jpegs.jpeg
TFZ have crippling overspecialization with "1x DD Iems" that hampers their marketing and products differentiations
but its nice to see they still have their magic with that 1x DD.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #90,912 of 103,774
Many have already shared a lot about the Divinus Velvet tips, mine arrived last week.
11.11 haul, only had some tips ordered this sale.
Some to stock up more and some new ones (W1, Sancai Wide, Velvet)

My go to has most often been the Kbear 07, they just work on most IEMs.
No fuss or problems, balanced sound that does everything okay without excelling at anything.

Been trying the Velvet on many IEMs now, so far my favourite pairings has been Hisenior T4, Sound Rhyme DTE900 and AüR Audio Aure.
Compared to a Kbear 07 the low end is similar, what changes is more midrange clarity (specially on vocals) and a more airy sound.
Tips can be very personal so your own experience can be different.

Another big selling point is the silky smooth texture on the tips, very comfortable. But it is also its downside.
Its not at all grippy or secure, so it only work on IEMs with ergonomic shell and medium or long nozzles.
But on IEMs that work with it, its maybe my new faovorite besides the Canal Works CWU-GDECL.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 090317.png

DSCF3913.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #90,913 of 103,774
TFZ have crippling overspecialization with "1x DD Iems" that hampers their marketing and products differentiations
but its nice to see they still have their magic with that 1x DD.
Well, I did one DD SuperTFZ review last year, and it IS nice to see they have created something new that actually is very different from anything else I’ve heard by them. Of course I don’t remember the TFZ IEMs I heard in shops in 2019? But the Crown is probably (safe to say) an advancement in full-range DD technology. Meaning they were able to get decent imaging and staging this time around. Also contrary to any graphs, the Crown HAS bass. It looks very different, and strange a little, but maybe that’s what it takes to get noticed? I’m in the middle of a review, so I can’t say too much, except so far I get the idea that TFZ has made something both competitive and imaginative? It is still burning-in.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #90,914 of 103,774
Well, I did one DD SuperTFZ review last year, and it IS nice to see they have created something new that actually is very different from anything else I’ve heard by them. Of course I don’t remember the TFZ IEMs I heard in shops in 2019? But the Crown is probably (safe to say) an advancement in full-range DD technology. Meaning they were able to get decent imaging and staging this time around. Also contrary to any graphs, the Crown HAS bass. It looks very different, and strange a little, but maybe that’s what it takes to get noticed? I’m in the middle of a review, so I can’t say too much, except so far I get the idea that TFZ has made something both competitive and imaginative? It is still burning-in.
How are the vocals on the crown compared to the best?

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #90,915 of 103,774
It could be assumed that SuperTFZ is an attempt by TFZ to revive the brand. It took a logo that looks like another logo, but simplified. Then it released a copy of the most copied IEMS on the market: SuperTFZ Force1.

https://hiendportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/SuperTFZ-Force1.png

Then, it copied itself (or TFZ) with the Force King model.

https://hiendportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/SuperTFZ-Force-King-vs-TFZ-Live-1.png

All this, raising the price in an unjustified and uncompetitive way considering the competition.

TFZ always did well with DDs, with almost reference bass. The later models had more balanced curves, but it seems to have stopped being interesting, for some reason. Was that when it became SuperTFZ or has nothing to do with it? Honestly, I preferred the brand image of TFZ to SuperTFZ.
That new model would have to be pretty good to convince me with the stiff competition out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back