The discovery thread!
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #90,766 of 107,125
So now I'm super curious and interested in how the EW200 compares with the EA1000 or the EM6L or the EA500?! Or that Oriveti OD200?
I am as excited as you sound. Having tried both the OD200 and EA1000, I can only say your excitement is going to touch the sky after you listen to these two. These two are brilliant pairs. While the OD200 is a definition of how a single DD iem should sound - immersive and matured, the EA1000 on the other hand is a super energetic iem - lot of details and good bass and treble on it.

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #90,767 of 107,125
Trn Conch: A set that gives the impression of carry about the customer, about providing the best value for the money spent.. nice build shells, nice cable with modular connectors, metal box.. great tips... BUT... the sound even with the changeable nozzles is.. still sibilant, too sharp, unpleasant (even with red nozzle). So little is missing to happiness, exactly two low density foams to put into red nozzles... and then we would get something complete and worthy of recommendation. A nicely served dish will not change the distaste that the dish will cause.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #90,768 of 107,125
Well, first impressions are super nice with the SuperTFZ Crown. A single full-range DD yet with both a sub-bass kick and a nice (forward) focused midrange and treble. First thing you notice is the big, big stage, offering a window down into the bass response, Yet also a fluid and comfortable midrange expanding way out into the stage. I won't say too much as they just came out of the postal box 10 minutes ago, but very very competitive, more separation than the SIMGOT AE1000, wild how far the bass is separated, this really does not sound like a single DD in any form or fashion? Nice separated treble elements too.....hard to put into perspective as yet, but I can say this will be an easy review to write. Better bass than the EA1000? Great timbre too. Probably the sub-bass that's the most fascinating at this point, I mean it all really works here? Warm and still exciting, but it's the separation and stage and imaging that is special here? Treble is not quite as separated as you might find with a Hybrid, yet it sounds totally correct timbre wise, but the Crown goes low into the bass.....that's why seeing the graph right off was a little miss-leading.DSC_0447.jpegs.jpeg
TFZ have crippling overspecialization with "1x DD Iems" that hampers their marketing and products differentiations
but its nice to see they still have their magic with that 1x DD.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #90,769 of 107,125
Many have already shared a lot about the Divinus Velvet tips, mine arrived last week.
11.11 haul, only had some tips ordered this sale.
Some to stock up more and some new ones (W1, Sancai Wide, Velvet)

My go to has most often been the Kbear 07, they just work on most IEMs.
No fuss or problems, balanced sound that does everything okay without excelling at anything.

Been trying the Velvet on many IEMs now, so far my favourite pairings has been Hisenior T4, Sound Rhyme DTE900 and AüR Audio Aure.
Compared to a Kbear 07 the low end is similar, what changes is more midrange clarity (specially on vocals) and a more airy sound.
Tips can be very personal so your own experience can be different.

Another big selling point is the silky smooth texture on the tips, very comfortable. But it is also its downside.
Its not at all grippy or secure, so it only work on IEMs with ergonomic shell and medium or long nozzles.
But on IEMs that work with it, its maybe my new faovorite besides the Canal Works CWU-GDECL.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 090317.png

DSCF3913.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #90,770 of 107,125
TFZ have crippling overspecialization with "1x DD Iems" that hampers their marketing and products differentiations
but its nice to see they still have their magic with that 1x DD.
Well, I did one DD SuperTFZ review last year, and it IS nice to see they have created something new that actually is very different from anything else I’ve heard by them. Of course I don’t remember the TFZ IEMs I heard in shops in 2019? But the Crown is probably (safe to say) an advancement in full-range DD technology. Meaning they were able to get decent imaging and staging this time around. Also contrary to any graphs, the Crown HAS bass. It looks very different, and strange a little, but maybe that’s what it takes to get noticed? I’m in the middle of a review, so I can’t say too much, except so far I get the idea that TFZ has made something both competitive and imaginative? It is still burning-in.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #90,771 of 107,125
Well, I did one DD SuperTFZ review last year, and it IS nice to see they have created something new that actually is very different from anything else I’ve heard by them. Of course I don’t remember the TFZ IEMs I heard in shops in 2019? But the Crown is probably (safe to say) an advancement in full-range DD technology. Meaning they were able to get decent imaging and staging this time around. Also contrary to any graphs, the Crown HAS bass. It looks very different, and strange a little, but maybe that’s what it takes to get noticed? I’m in the middle of a review, so I can’t say too much, except so far I get the idea that TFZ has made something both competitive and imaginative? It is still burning-in.
How are the vocals on the crown compared to the best?

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #90,772 of 107,125
It could be assumed that SuperTFZ is an attempt by TFZ to revive the brand. It took a logo that looks like another logo, but simplified. Then it released a copy of the most copied IEMS on the market: SuperTFZ Force1.

https://hiendportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/SuperTFZ-Force1.png

Then, it copied itself (or TFZ) with the Force King model.

https://hiendportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/SuperTFZ-Force-King-vs-TFZ-Live-1.png

All this, raising the price in an unjustified and uncompetitive way considering the competition.

TFZ always did well with DDs, with almost reference bass. The later models had more balanced curves, but it seems to have stopped being interesting, for some reason. Was that when it became SuperTFZ or has nothing to do with it? Honestly, I preferred the brand image of TFZ to SuperTFZ.
That new model would have to be pretty good to convince me with the stiff competition out there.

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #90,773 of 107,125
It could be assumed that SuperTFZ is an attempt by TFZ to revive the brand. It took a logo that looks like another logo, but simplified. Then it released a copy of the most copied IEMS on the market: SuperTFZ Force1.

https://hiendportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/SuperTFZ-Force1.png

Then, it copied itself (or TFZ) with the Force King model.

https://hiendportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/SuperTFZ-Force-King-vs-TFZ-Live-1.png

All this, raising the price in an unjustified and uncompetitive way considering the competition.

TFZ always did well with DDs, with almost reference bass. The later models had more balanced curves, but it seems to have stopped being interesting, for some reason. Was that when it became SuperTFZ or has nothing to do with it? Honestly, I preferred the brand image of TFZ to SuperTFZ.
That new model would have to be pretty good to convince me with the stiff competition out there.
Wait till you hear the Crown.

But I know people including myself that throughly enjoyed the Force 1, and thought it was worth it, same as the Crown is the next step forward for the company. I mean I’m not an engineer, I am only a listener, but there is a lot of bells and whistles to the Crown design....... and you can hear them.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #90,774 of 107,125
How are the vocals on the crown compared to the best?
Well, I need to finish burn-in, as there is an intensity to the Pinna Region, one that so far is ever so slightly aggressive. I don’t want to spoil the party just yet, as at the moment it is fine with 90% of music, but really it walks that line. The line that is a double edged sword in that vocals are totally forward and not what you would expect from a single full-range DD?!

Yep, they have great vocals, yet I’m hopping for them to smooth out just 10% or so, then I can say they are close to perfect. Where the separation and timbre is great, just as slight tad too forward, yet I need to do a whole lot of other things that will help to make them smooth, but to tell you the truth I haven’t even used the included cable or really heard them much after first OTB impressions, they may be fine now? Remember too, my ear-tips of choice are wide-bore “donut” silicones!

When you say “best” you mean what? Good vocal IEMs like the TINHIFI Big Panda, or the Penon Volt? I would say they are on course to be great at vocals, which in my book is not something I always expect from single full-range DDs, that’s what is unique. Let me know what Vocal IEM you have in mind, I may have it and I will do a back-to-back right now! I do have IEMs that are great with vocals (but it is not always what I look for in IEMs) (and I could be actually guilty of not emphasizing vocals enough in reviewing) but In many ways just the stance of the Crown tune, the way everything is positioned, is making the Crown excellent at vocals, even the placement of bass is leaving that vocal window open.

Still a $219.00 dollar IEM, while great at vocals, is not going to necessarily have vocals like a $1850.00 IEM. :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #90,775 of 107,125
I’m listening to vocal music now. and yes, the Crown is exceptional at vocals, maybe the best I have heard at this price point. Still keep in mind most, everyone would consider these bright IEMs. Though I’m hearing most of that brightness slightly higher than the Pinna Region, while yes, the Pinna Region is included there is a boost slightly past that. What that does (contrary to first impressions) is gets an amazing extended treble stage, with full spatial details? There are truly extended details positioned up there.....high pitched cymbals, the works? Why I didn’t notice this on first impressions, who knows, maybe a day a burn-in does something in that regard? :)

WM1A > MrWalkman’s firmware > White Whale Cable > SuperTFZ Crown > wide-bore silicone ear-tips.

Edit: I also tried the new DIVINUS tips with great results, 1st time.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #90,776 of 107,125
That seems to be a quality of all the Simgots? The soft impact. The bass and midbass is soft. Especially with the EW200, but I still can't take them out of my ears!
EA500's bass (black nozzle) seems more solid.

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #90,777 of 107,125
Is the Hype 2 a good upgrade on the Kiwi Ears Melody?

Main genres would be EDM, hip-hop, R&B and rock. I do like bass and a sensitive to treble peaks but I would like a feeling of air for the rock and singer-songwriter tracks that I listen to.

Budget is up to £400. Running from an iPhone dongle.

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #90,778 of 107,125
Is the Hype 2 a good upgrade on the Kiwi Ears Melody?

Main genres would be EDM, hip-hop, R&B and rock. I do like bass and a sensitive to treble peaks but I would like a feeling of air for the rock and singer-songwriter tracks that I listen to.

Budget is up to £400. Running from an iPhone dongle.
They are so different, you know......

Upgrade.......
It kinda is, but you have to realize that one (the Melody) is a Planar and has those attributes which make it unique. Where the Hype2 is dual DDs and responds accordingly. But the Hype2 is a great next step! Cheers!

And full and big from an Apple Dongle!

And......fits your music genres to a T.

Don’t worry about the top-end, it is smooth and careful.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #90,779 of 107,125
Wait till you hear the Crown.

But I know people including myself that throughly enjoyed the Force 1, and thought it was worth it, same as the Crown is the next step forward for the company. I mean I’m not an engineer, I am only a listener, but there is a lot of bells and whistles to the Crown design....... and you can hear them.
The Force 1 is very similar to the PaiAudio DR2 and its clones, only slightly more refined, for twice the price.

https://cqtek.squig.link/?share=SuperTFZ_Force1,Paiaduio_DR2

For the future of the brand, let's hope you are right.

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #90,780 of 107,125
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back