The discovery thread!
Nov 16, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #89,011 of 103,931
I looked at that sale within 15 minutes of it being live and the only things not sold out were the LCD-5, CRBN and the iSine IEMs.
I was hoping for a deal on the LCD-X, or at least would've considered it, if it was actually in stock!
Vultures! Vultures, I tell you...
J/k. Early bird gets the worm, I suppose.
Super crazy deal. I had to get one with a case cause the ones without were gone before I could enter payment info, and I was lurking that webpage… scheduled it into my work calendar lmao.

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #89,012 of 103,931
Awww I really like your profile picture it's so cute! Is it your dog? Lol

Lol, I wish! I just found it online one day, and it was too good not to use. 🤣

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #89,013 of 103,931
How would you describe the sound of Fono Reference 01, please?

Very resolving v-shape with the most tactile bass I've ever listened to. One of my very best IEM, no doubt. Ask for more specifics if that isn't enough.

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #89,014 of 103,931
Very resolving v-shape with the most tactile bass I've ever listened to. One of my very best IEM, no doubt. Ask for more specifics if that isn't enough.
Thank you.

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #89,015 of 103,931
Aaand it's already on sale.
Very interested in this but maybe second-hand or when serious discounts begin. Currently, Ascension is all I need want.

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #89,016 of 103,931
TIMSOK TS-316
TIMSOK TS-316 $499
Specification

Model: TS-316
Driver: 10.2mm Dynamic Driver
Sensitivity: 102.5db 1KHz
Frequency Range: 20Hz~20KHz
Impedance: 32ΩCable: 1.25M / OCC
Connector: 0.78mm 2Pin
Plug: 4.4mm Balanced
Adapter: 4.4mm Female to 3.5mm Male
TIMSOK was founded in 2018. The founder and engineering team have more than 20 years of experience in the acoustic industry. They provided drivers and tuning solutions to many famous brands in the last few years.We discovered this brand during the CanJam Socal this year. The founder, Mr.Song, is very knowledgeable and passionate about audio. We tried their flagship-level prototype and this beauty TS-316. We were shocked by the build quality, packaging, and, most importantly, the sound. At the current sale price of $499, TS-316 holds an incredible value. So, we decided to bring them here without a second thought!​

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #89,017 of 103,931
TIMSOK TS-316

TIMSOK TS-316 $499
Specification

Model: TS-316
Driver: 10.2mm Dynamic Driver
Sensitivity: 102.5db 1KHz
Frequency Range: 20Hz~20KHz
Impedance: 32ΩCable: 1.25M / OCC
Connector: 0.78mm 2Pin
Plug: 4.4mm Balanced
Adapter: 4.4mm Female to 3.5mm Male
TIMSOK was founded in 2018. The founder and engineering team have more than 20 years of experience in the acoustic industry. They provided drivers and tuning solutions to many famous brands in the last few years.We discovered this brand during the CanJam Socal this year. The founder, Mr.Song, is very knowledgeable and passionate about audio. We tried their flagship-level prototype and this beauty TS-316. We were shocked by the build quality, packaging, and, most importantly, the sound. At the current sale price of $499, TS-316 holds an incredible value. So, we decided to bring them here without a second thought!​
Very interested in this one too.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #89,018 of 103,931
With the arrival of the MP-145 I started to rediscover all others IEMs which I have, for comparisons. Aaaaand long story short, to me the OH10 is overall the best among them. It's wide, with an opulent bass. Warm yet not oppressive, sub bass is there when needed. It even separates and position the instruments pretty well. I wonder what could be an update from that... IE600? Monarch III? IER Z1R? ^^
PS
Sorry for rediscovering the past in the discovery thread : D

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #89,019 of 103,931
Hi guys, I am looking for an iem with a warm, fun and cinematic sound to listen to edm, ambient music, soundtracks, with good sub bass and soundstage and imaging. Do you have any recommendations among the new IEMs this year? My max budget is $100. Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #89,020 of 103,931
Hi guys, I am looking for an iem with a warm, fun and cinematic sound to listen to edm, ambient music, soundtracks, with good sub bass and soundstage and imaging. Do you have any recommendations among the new IEMs this year? My max budget is $100. Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Search for Venture Electronics SiE.

Soundstage and imaging aren't its strengths but no sub $100 pair will blow your socks off in that department. It's warm and possibly the most speaker-like experience out of all the pairs I own or have tried. Easy to forget you're wearing them too, which adds to the immersion.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #89,021 of 103,931
Search for Venture Electronics SiE.

Soundstage and imaging aren't its' strengths but no sub $100 pair will blow your socks off in that department. It's warm and possibly the most speaker-like experience out of all the pairs I own or have tried. Easy to forget you're wearing them too, which adds to the immersion.
They look gorgeous and I've seen somewhere in the forum they come with a nice cable NiceHCK C16-2, and from some other reviews I red they are what I'm looking for, but could you suggest me where to find them on sale in Europe?

Nov 17, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #89,022 of 103,931
Guys, for a long long time I've been wanting to try the Sennheiser IE600 but it's price and availability here in my country makes it impracticable for me.
I can get the IE200 locally and wonder if being the owner of some Chi-Fi IEMs, the IE200 would add anything "new" or "different" from the ones I have.

As single DD (like the IE200), I have the Shozy Black Hole Mini and CA Atlas... have the Penon Serial as triple DD, all BA I have the CA Andromeda OG and hybrids, the Aful P5.

Thoughts? Will I be disappointed?

Based on your signature, best to skip the IE200. I find it a bit meh, and it gives no value add to what you already own IMHO.

Best to save up for a more substantial upgrade.

Wow how is the Shuoer S15?

Read it is just not a pure planar, but it has a passive radiator inside too.

With the arrival of the MP-145 I started to rediscover all others IEMs which I have, for comparisons. Aaaaand long story short, to me the OH10 is overall the best among them. It's wide, with an opulent bass. Warm yet not oppressive, sub bass is there when needed. It even separates and position the instruments pretty well. I wonder what could be an update from that... IE600? Monarch III? IER Z1R? ^^
PS
Sorry for rediscovering the past in the discovery thread : D

A direct upgrade of the OH10 that is V-shaped, would be the Sony IER Z1R. Endgame basshead quality.

However, the fit is contentious, many consumers have issues, so best to audition a set first.

Nov 17, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #89,023 of 103,931
XSL X-One

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #89,025 of 103,931
Just I don't know what to do: now I can buy Ref01 for $220. My main music style is techno/prog death metal and I need deep but quick and tight bass. At the same time I'm a little treble sensitive (especially at high-mids).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back