The discovery thread!
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #88,261 of 102,993
ARTTI R1 (3dd, $79)
graph(237).png

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #88,262 of 102,993
I would like some advice on the S&S dune. I would like to get them, but I have strong doubts about their largest size (XL 13mm). I am aware of their shape difference from normal, but I have no idea if they can provide a sufficient seal for me as a size 14mm user. Is there anyone here who uses size 14mm and has personal experience with this? Thank you in advance for any advice.
Who makes this bullet iem and how much is it?

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #88,265 of 102,993
Second the falcon. Just lovely, high quality, and "unpretentious" without the trendy (and maybe somewhat misguided?) lower-mid dip. One can choose between "Harman-neutral" (stock nozzle) and a warmer, less shouty but still neutral tuning (the golden nozzle). I kept mine permanently on the Fiio bluetooth ear hooks.

IMHO, the 250Hz dip is not the right choice to reproduce orchestra correctly. Cellos do not sound like cellos but more like a low pitched, hollow violin with this tuning. Even female vocal lacks the necessary weight and warmth. If the IEM has good enough implementation, it does not need this artificial thinning to sound resolving.

That said, the EA1000 looks super interesting.

Edit: @WAON303 I suggest holding on with the AFUL P8. The flagship Cantor shouldn't be too far in the future and maybe you might be able to get that on a discount in 6 months or so. The P8 is detailed for sure. Nice and tight (but not weak) bass. But that stage is just so so. I blame the QDC-inspired tuning. The Magic1 shows that AFUL has learned how to do proper stage and tuning, so let's wait for Cantor and see how it goes. I might cancel my Gaea purchase to wait for Cantor as well.

I’m very tempted by Falcon Ultra - one of the more silly things I’ve done in this hobby was part with my ZEN PRO, maybe Falcon gets me some of the way back!

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #88,266 of 102,993
Who makes this bullet iem and how much is it?
I meant TRN TA1 Max. However, on closer reflection, they are probably not typical bullet shaped IEMs and I was wrong. I don't really have anything like typical bullet shaped IEMS (something Linglong-like), so the TRN ones are probably the closest to that...

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #88,267 of 102,993
Artti R1

Having spent a couple of hours with these, I want to give some more in-depth impressions.

01E29883-6B03-4DA6-BFD4-20C7AB26E62F.jpeg

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Artti or any link to selling music hardware, other than buying far too many IEMs. My opinion is just the opinion of one guy, and includes all my personal bias and tastes for particular sounds. I bought these with my own money, and am only reporting in such detail because there is so much interest in this set.

8C3A2359-12DD-4F09-88DF-CEA04601E200.jpeg

The unboxing is good: nicely presented, well above the KZ minimal style of packaging. The IEMs feel solid and well made, though the silver areas are not quite a perfect mirror finish. The case is small but rather nice. Two sets of eartips, and a copper cable that looks ok.

5B97D1CD-C1B5-4BCD-A9BB-EB98B3F45442.jpeg

In the ear they are comfortable, though a bit larger than average. The nozzle is slightly short and thick. Unless you are particularly sensitive to any of these factors, it should not be a problem.

35464965-ACBF-4930-A48C-3C39B3CE43CA.jpeg

Plugging in, it’s clear that the R1 needs a bit more power than average to get to listening volume, though a phone should still be enough.

963CDD3D-242F-4009-A8DB-748A433EA1E8.jpeg

The sound is warm and musical, though it is more dependent on the source than most of my collection. On my Shanling M0 the tone was warm and engaging, but my Fiio M6’s slightly brighter tone had me switching to foam tips to tame a peak in the upper mids/low treble. Most are unlikely to be bothered by that, but I’m quite sensitive to those frequencies.

9D535701-10D1-4468-B179-AC9217F94030.jpeg

The bass is fast and has good texture, and is slightly elevated. This is not basshead set, but the bass is still a strong point, able to slam and rumble.

4170F76E-07E4-48E1-B0E3-618BBF92877D.jpeg

Mids are clear and natural, presenting both male and female vocals well. That slight peak in the upper mids adds to the clarity, helping vocals stand out.

E65DA4F7-5A04-46AD-BA32-3FD78F7F6586.jpeg

Treble is a bit of a surprise if you are used to BA/EST treble as it has that big warm DD sound. Trebleheads may find it unsatisfying, but what it might lack in detail it makes up for in tonality.

5B017897-50E9-4889-9937-E73EC25F0C10.jpeg

Layering and sound stage are good, showing the benefit of multiple drivers. There is pleasing cohesion between the drivers, probably because there is no shift from DD to BA timbre across the frequencies.

24D3F5E4-65C2-4220-942D-021AE6008F25.jpeg

Overall I really like this set. The standout qualities are vocal presentation and timbre, with the bass presentation and layering close behind. Treble details and that slight hot bump in upper mids / lower treble are the main negatives.

The R1 makes good use of the 3 DD setup, and stands up well to the crowd of other IEMs at this price point.

Edit: After leaving it to play overnight, the sound is smoother and the hot peak is much improved. I really like this set!
Thanks for your marvelous first impressions and photos, @Echalon! Like the green color of the R1. My ARTTI R1 order should arrive next week. This was a complete "blind buy" based on the excellent ARTTI T10 planar's performance (bought two since they were a steal at $50 USD each!). I recommend everyone check them out, also.
See ARTTI store on AliExpress.

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #88,268 of 102,993
I’m very tempted by Falcon Ultra - one of the more silly things I’ve done in this hobby was part with my ZEN PRO, maybe Falcon gets me some of the way back!
It's not as slammy and shrill at the Zen Pro though. Might or might not be a good option for you, depending on how you think about the Zen Pro.

If the price is easier to swallow, I would add a Zen Pro to my collection for sure.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #88,269 of 102,993
Going to chime in and add my own two cents on the Artti R1 since there's not much out about it yet.
Received it today and bought it with my own money.

This is a Shouer ODM IEM i.e., the factory behind the LetShouer brand. Build and matching should be fairly decent across to board. My own unit has a good build and I can't fault anything out of the box.
The cable is a tad stiff, but is light and highly serviceable.
Shell is very comfortable, for me. Each IEM weighs 6.2 grams. The nozzle lip is 6mm wide. I don't see any obvious front vents on the shell but have tried jamming the IEM into my ear with larger tips than I would otherwise use to get a better seal and no sign of flex at all. Not sure about pressure build up but I haven't had any issues yet after using it for several hours today.

Would say that the R1 is on the cusp of being a bass head set. Good sub extension, very warm and a ton of punch which may or may not be a good thing depending on your preferences. Kick drum hits are a visceral experience and may be fatiguing after awhile. The set lends itself to metal and electronic very well.
Mids are a bit recessed as the graph would indicate but not muffled or completely covered in mud due to the multi dd setup. They can get a little lost in the bass and low treble at times on busy tracks though.
Treble is fairly detailed and natural sounding. No wacky ba timbre or overly sterile, exaggerated crispness. It can be a bit too forward for my liking at times but I enjoy dark/ bassy tuning so... take that with a shovel of salt.
Timbre is good for the price and the drivers are congruent. I've had issues with some 2 dd sets with being able to hear some separation in the drivers and get none of that here. Imaging is better than I would have expected. Stage is meh (it's an IEM after all).

Only been a day but so far so good. Quite happy with it and can offer my random guy on the internet recommendation.

Attachments

• artti r1 tofu - Copy.jpg
    artti r1 tofu - Copy.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #88,271 of 102,993
Have anyone tested Aoshida E20? They have got my attention. I love the sound of beryllium DD, and the thump they make. These one are 2 DD and open design. 50 USD at Linsoul.

aoshida.JPG

10MM BERYLLIUM COATED DYNAMIC DRIVER + 8MM DLC DIAPHRAGM​

• 10mm Beryllium Coated
  • Dual Dynamic Driver Design
  • High-Precision 3D Printing Chamber
  • Ergonomic Design
  • Open Design
  • Four-Strand 216-Core * 0.05mm High-Purity Copper Wire
  • High-Quality Earplug Sleeves
  • 2 colours, silver and gold.
Anyone received the Aoshida E20 yet?

Nov 8, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #88,272 of 102,993
20231108_101340.jpg

Nov 8, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #88,273 of 102,993
No time to listen before I left for a short trip so I stuck it on the burn rack

Nov 8, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #88,274 of 102,993
No time to listen before I left for a short trip so I stuck it on the burn rack
Will look forward to your impressions when you get a chance following your return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back