The discovery thread!
Feb 2, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #54,736 of 105,224
Here is something new. Haven't heard from the NiceHCK camp until now. Instead of a new earphone. They bring out a new flagship bud

1612317098576.png
1612317152172.png

Specification:
1. Product Name:NICEHCK EBX21 HIFI Metal Flagship Earbud
2. Brand:NICEHCK
3. Model:EBX21
4. Type: Earbud
5. Impedance: 32Ω
6. Eerphone sensitivity:121dB/mW
7. Frequency range:20-32000Hz
8. Eerphone plug type:3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm straight plug
9. Connector:MMCX
10. Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
11.Whether with Mic: No Mic
12.Shell Material :Aluminium alloy
13.Cable Meterial:Silver plated copper tinsel
14.Drive unit:14.2mm Japan LCP Diaphgram Dynamic Driver

Will let you all know how this one is. This one is a bit on the spendy @$219 but if it is a true flagship level bud should be a nice sounding bud. Will see.

Liquid Crystal Polymer diaphragm like the Sony dynamics, and it says it's from Japan.

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #54,737 of 105,224
In deed interesting choice of driver, nice n big too at 14.2mm. I am not a huge bud guy but well made buds sound great. Headphone like stage. Big immersive sound. They are clearly going for a top of line bud here so it will be interesting to hear how well this one turns out.

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #54,738 of 105,224
Out of everything I've bought the one iem that impressed me the most and had the most value to cost ratio not counting my mom's Volt which is just in a different league, would forsure be my ae3 from Shanling. From packaging to size fit look everything it screams quality. I can't believe it's just 3 Sonion BA because it sounds so darn good and the bass is LEGIT. At $169 I consider it a robbery, but in a good way. Like you robbing them not the company robbing you for once. If I could only keep 3 pair, I'd keep the dt3, blessing2, and the ae3. Taking nothing away from the Yume or the Fan, it's just I enjoy the others more. Yume sounds like a mini blessing 2 like I imagine the Mest and mini mest. And honestly I love penon audio and they are a great company (love Volt and OS849, will likely love the orb and Totem when they arrive) but if I paid the full $139 for the fan I'd be upset.. at the discounted price another member gave me it was worth the price but yeah for only $30 more the ae3 and Yume are easily better options to me. Love the dt3, but the one that totally shocked me was the ae3.

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #54,739 of 105,224
Yes, please do get a better source. I would probably get the Qudelix 5k over the BTR5 since it got PEQ though.

Lol are smartphones THAT bad? 😅

Well I don't tend to use EQ so that's not a big deal for me. I generally like the look of the BTR5 more, I like that it has a small display. I can get it from the UK also. Both the BTR5 and Qudelix 5k should be more than enough for the XBA-N3 and X2HR right?

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #54,741 of 105,224
Out of everything I've bought the one iem that impressed me the most and had the most value to cost ratio not counting my mom's Volt which is just in a different league, would forsure be my ae3 from Shanling. From packaging to size fit look everything it screams quality. I can't believe it's just 3 Sonion BA because it sounds so darn good and the bass is LEGIT. At $169 I consider it a robbery, but in a good way. Like you robbing them not the company robbing you for once. If I could only keep 3 pair, I'd keep the dt3, blessing2, and the ae3. Taking nothing away from the Yume or the Fan, it's just I enjoy the others more. Yume sounds like a mini blessing 2 like I imagine the Mest and mini mest. And honestly I love penon audio and they are a great company (love Volt and OS849, will likely love the orb and Totem when they arrive) but if I paid the full $139 for the fan I'd be upset.. at the discounted price another member gave me it was worth the price but yeah for only $30 more the ae3 and Yume are easily better options to me. Love the dt3, but the one that totally shocked me was the ae3.

Bass is legit because....

CDD2A9CD-6AF7-4D57-A34D-5C189AFB5642.jpeg

it’s around 15dbs above midrange

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #54,746 of 105,224
Just got the smabat NCO, and wow, that stage, all I can comment on them other than maybe being very slightly too bassy for my taste (I love the gentle moondrop ssr's bass so I'm not a good judge of bass probably) though it should calm with burn in as far as that one awesome review here says.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #54,747 of 105,224
hahaha... @Nimweth, my wife also is using it for a jewelry box lol She was jazzed with the faux leather look,and since i'm not planning on selling them, i let her have the box. You're welcome btw. I've been in love with those extended highs and that BASS definition since the day i put them in my ears. Maybe the most defined bass in my collection? @ChrisOc you're welcome as well, and i agree, they aren't basshead iem's, but they are for anyone who wants to hear bass in high definition with plenty of punch.
I agree with what you say about the highs and the bass, but that Knowles BA really delivers great mids as well. This could be the best balanced IEM in my collection.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #54,748 of 105,224
Lol are smartphones THAT bad? 😅

Well I don't tend to use EQ so that's not a big deal for me. I generally like the look of the BTR5 more, I like that it has a small display. I can get it from the UK also. Both the BTR5 and Qudelix 5k should be more than enough for the XBA-N3 and X2HR right?
yeah they are.

They shouldnt have much problem with the N3. I cant comment on the X2HR though.

1612358605549.png

Even the maximum power input is double the power from those 2 amps.

If you want to drive the X2HR to its full potential, you probably need a mid-tier dap/amp or a low-tier desktop amp (like the JDS Atom).

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #54,749 of 105,224
I've been giving the M300 some time recently. My source has been the HiBy R5 or my Samsung S9 plus hooked up to an iFi hip-dac. I found a Schiit Modi 3 DAC laying around, that I'd replaced with an iFi Zen Blue to play LDAC to my home HiFi set up. So stuck the Modi 3 into my laptop USB and on the other end of the Modi put my Fiio Alpen 2 amp, (aux line out, so not to initiate the Alpen DAC), with the M300's in the 3.5mm. The M300 improves vastly with the Schiit Modi 3. I previously found sub-bass to be good on the M300 but the mid-bass slightly lacked impact, but with the Modi and Alpen 2, mid-bass increases considerably, and enjoyably, with a good seal from the Spiral Dot L's. The M300 definitely scales well to the Schiit Modi 3. The M300 is a very good IEM.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #54,750 of 105,224
EtT0ikkXEAIQpgR.jpg

Intriguing.

EDIT: Bah, not new I don't think. Just a cool new paintjob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back