The discovery thread!
Sep 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #14,266 of 100,027
  Ok you metal-heads (and you know who you are!), for a different kind of metal, check out the "A weather front was stalled out in the Pacific--like a lonely person, lost in thought, oblivious of time" track from Cloudkicker's new album "Subsume". Pretty cool stuff. I haven't listened to the full album yet, but you can pay what you want for mp3 or flac download of it here. Btw, I found out about that from this great thread.

^ Masa' WAYNE you hipster you!!!
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #14,267 of 100,027
Ok you metal-heads (and you know who you are!), for a different kind of metal, check out the "A weather front was stalled out in the Pacific--like a lonely person, lost in thought, oblivious of time" track from Cloudkicker's new album "Subsume". Pretty cool stuff. I haven't listened to the full album yet, but you can pay what you want for mp3 or flac download of it here. Btw, I found out about that from this great thread.

This is sounding pretty awesome so far......thanks!

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #14,268 of 100,027
So hopefully I'll see the Dunu DN-1000 and the R3 in a week or so.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #14,270 of 100,027
Sound signature for Delta and VSD1 are similar... Since getting hooked on head-fi this year, have been on a buying spree.... Kind of in budget limbo land now but can't resist getting another.
Seem like buying Delta is the smart financial route but what would I be missing if I did not get VSD1 EXCEPT that it is more expensive than Delta....

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #14,271 of 100,027
Wayne, thanks so much for the link......thread subscribed.....I'm now not going to get much sleep :p

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #14,272 of 100,027
Sound signature for Delta and VSD1 are similar... Since getting hooked on head-fi this year, have been on a buying spree.... Kind of in budget limbo land now but can't resist getting another.
Seem like buying Delta is the smart financial route but what would I be missing if I did not get VSD1 EXCEPT that it is more expensive than Delta....

A bit more bass and a touch deeper stage,  the Deltas actually has the better balance and the treble has better presence and sparkle on the deltas.These guys payed attention to what they are doing on the Deltas. They deliberately did the best they can for the given materials and then tuned them with a more neutral slant. Aluminum housings are not too common on budget phones at all.Sound is very well represented across the board and while the bass end is not over done it hits all the right notes and sub bass is clean. Sure it could use a touch more extension on both ends and perhaps some more texture to the overall sound but I ain't gonna complain with what they did with these at all.  I would definitely put the Deltas around the VSD1 level and will be debatable which one is actually better. Lol I think the Deltas while not as good looking as the VSD1 actually has the better build..I can tell this phone can take some abuse. I am certain the folks at Brainwavz heard loud and clear the complaints of poor build quality in the past. There is nothing cheap about the Delta except for the cost..These sound better to me than the M5 I got for free with my X3 and those are worth $50. Guys that want maximum sound for the cash..The Deltas sound nothing like budget fi. Not even remotely close.

The sound isn't exaggerated or colored much just clean balanced satisfying sound. These would make perfect workout/ throw around phones or great backups. They give a good little variety of tips silicones and a pair of complys but I would try out other tips to get the best performance out of these. Brainwavz did an outstanding job. The colors, meh but who cares whey they sound this good.  I only wish more vendors would up their game like these guys have. And no crazy amounts of burn in needed.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #14,273 of 100,027

One thing about the vsd1 that is very important to me is that they are very flush in the ears, which means that they are the only iems that I can wear lying down. They are also great for biking due to the low wind resistance/noise.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #14,274 of 100,027
Sep 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #14,275 of 100,027
  So hopefully I'll see the Dunu DN-1000 and the R3 in a week or so.

Cant wait for your take on both them phones my friend. Will be shocked if both performed way better than previous hybrid and dual efforts. It seem manufacturers learn from what others bring out because they know they have to do one better. Or at least they should. More fuel for the fire.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #14,276 of 100,027
Ds, those Delta's sound pretty friggin' good! I am sensing a golden nuts award on the horizon!

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #14,277 of 100,027
I would give these a silver. They aren't quite gold yet. Unless burn in turns them into the sound I think they could be.. Actually they sound really good even now but be clear on these they are not your typical bass first budget fi consumer sounding phones at all, so guys wanting big bass slam will not get it with these. The balance is more like how the AD900X is..Bass accents the music on this one to be satisfying. The sound is very versatile and bass has quality over quantity no hump and certainly no trunk o funk..I have heard phones that cost 10X more than these that don't have the balance these do..They sound great from Jazz to metal to EDm..I was listening to them all this morning when I was out and about. I have a big variety on my play list and all of it sounded good. Even lil wayne. Lol.

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #14,278 of 100,027
A bit more bass and a touch deeper stage,  the Deltas actually has the better balance and the treble has better presence and sparkle on the deltas.These guys payed attention to what they are doing on the Deltas. They deliberately did the best they can for the given materials and then tuned them with a more neutral slant. Aluminum housings are not too common on budget phones at all.Sound is very well represented across the board and while the bass end is not over done it hits all the right notes and sub bass is clean. Sure it could use a touch more extension on both ends and perhaps some more texture to the overall sound but I ain't gonna complain with what they did with these at all.  I would definitely put the Deltas around the VSD1 level and will be debatable which one is actually better. Lol I think the Deltas while not as good looking as the VSD1 actually has the better build..I can tell this phone can take some abuse. I am certain the folks at Brainwavz heard loud and clear the complaints of poor build quality in the past. There is nothing cheap about the Delta except for the cost..These sound better to me than the M5 I got for free with my X3 and those are worth $50. Guys that want maximum sound for the cash..The Deltas sound nothing like budget fi. Not even remotely close.

The sound isn't exaggerated or colored much just clean balanced satisfying sound. These would make perfect workout/ throw around phones or great backups. They give a good little variety of tips silicones and a pair of complys but I would try out other tips to get the best performance out of these. Brainwavz did an outstanding job. The colors, meh but who cares whey they sound this good.  I only wish more vendors would up their game like these guys have. And no crazy amounts of burn in needed.

Thanks a lot for the input... Just another question.... How would you rate Brainwavz S1 if they were added to my iem to buy compared with Delta and VSD1... Currently my favourite iem are Yuin PK 2n3 and JVC FX3X....love Blues and Classic Rock and whole lot of wild child @Janis Joplin.
Thanks.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #14,279 of 100,027
I own the X3X and those are fun but these actually have a higher end tuning. I didn't get the S1 you can read what Jant wrote on his review of them  http://www.head-fi.org/t/681503/brainwavz-s1-fortune-favors-the-bold#post_9801122 and dweaver posted this on the Delta thread..

1. dweaver
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v1378425544.png
  4. offline
  1. 4,687 Posts. Joined 12/2008
  2. Location: Canada
DS the S1 has a stronger bass line with good mids and treble. Think of it as this sound with,slightly warmer mids and more bass. I also think they are less grainy than the Delta. So if you a bit more bass they are a definite step up. The S1 is also better built but bulkier I'm the cable, jack and strain reliefs.

I think both IEM's are very good and they offer very different presentations with the S1 being funner and bolder sounding.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #14,280 of 100,027
beerchug.gif
Quote:
  Cant wait for your take on both them phones my friend. Will be shocked if both performed way better than previous hybrid and dual efforts. It seem manufacturers learn from what others bring out because they know they have to do one better. Or at least they should. More fuel for the fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back