The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #1,216 of 104,638
The Isurus isn't open.
Quote:
i recently purchased beta's and i'm not satisfied with the highs and lacks real detail to my taste.i found them to be boomy bassw hich is unlike my taste
so i'm planning to buy another iem with nice highs with sparkles, detailed, crisp and clear, open and non fatiguing, importantly more musical.
how do isurus shines against brainwavz m1 and m4? (i omitted m2 from my option since i read they sound warm n thick)?
which 1 of them has better detail/clarity/separation/soundstage and sounds open n airy??
is isurus gonna beat them in most of the department?
please help me to choose 

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #1,218 of 104,638
That's what he asked for in his post.

The MEP-933 is open-ish and could actually work for him.
Quote:
Ya but what earphone is?.. If you guys are talking about big stage.. Your gonna have to spend some cash to get a bigger wider sounding earphone.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #1,220 of 104,638
What are your guys' thoughts on the SHE3580 vs Brainwavz Beta V2? I just got a pair of the betas and I feel the SHE3580 blow them out of the water with more clarity, subbass, and balance. I think the Beta v2s only offer more soundstage and slightly more bass impact, that's about it, everything else seems muffled.. could be a fitment issue.

Thoughts?

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,221 of 104,638

Quote:
What are your guys' thoughts on the SHE3580 vs Brainwavz Beta V2? I just got a pair of the betas and I feel the SHE3580 blow them out of the water with more clarity, subbass, and balance. I think the Beta v2s only offer more soundstage and slightly more bass impact, that's about it, everything else seems muffled.. could be a fitment issue.

Thoughts?

really? wow. I bought the betas the other day and thought they were pretty good, especially for $13. I'll have to get a hold of the 3580 then

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #1,222 of 104,638

Thoughts?

Maybe the SHE3580 are just that good? :D
Just opened the UE100 I got from joker though and am loving what I hear so far. lol I don't even know how much these retail for but apparently not much.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #1,223 of 104,638
I prefer the Betas over the Philips. The Beta has a MUCH wider soundstage and more midbass while the SHE3580 has more deep bass. Preference really.
Quote:

Thoughts?

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #1,225 of 104,638
Every time I read one of your threads I start typing a semi-rude post about how you sound like a used-car-salesman with a side business in magic beans and need to calm down... then somehow I delete it and find myself ordering whatever it is you're spruiking.  What? O.o

The monoprices should be hitting my door any day now and I just ordered a pair of SHE3580s (since I don't have any bass-focussed 'phones and would like a cheap durable pair for gaming anyway).

I guess there's a power in collective enthusiasm :$

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #1,226 of 104,638

Quote:
Out of the 2. The Isurus has the detailed sound with above average sound stage..Very clean sound if that is what your looking for..The highs are boosted so details are clearly evident. If a brighter signature is what your looking for try out a isurus... Sorry man I don't own the Brainwaves earphones. Can any one else chime in with a comparo. Thanks

highs with detail, bright signature and nice highs with sparkle is what i'm really looking for. its perfectly matching my taste but still i'll wait for a comparison with m1 and m4, i ve to confirm whether isurus is better than m1 and m4.?

Quote:
The Isurus isn't open.

thganks man..8320 may be more open but i cant get it here and isurus seems to match me in more dept . my choices are cornered to isurus, all brainwavz product, dunus, soundmagic and meelec. thats it, these are all the only products i can get to my locality so i'm trying to find a better one matching my preferences. isurus may not be open but if they are going to beat in most dept. against brainwavz, i'm gonna be happy.

Quote:

Thoughts?

that is what i too experienced exactly with beta's when i first inserted it to my ears day b4 sterday. soundstage is good and punchy bass which is not unlike me but it would ve been lovely if its get complimented with good details in highs with some amount trebles.even my stock earbuds came with cowon e2 shines against beta's with nice treble and details in highs. i should ve gone with 3580 when dsnuts adviced me to but at the last time of ordering i got foxed by seeing beta's with 50% discount in mp4nation.. really went wrong against my taste by seeing value for money but i slowly picking up with beta's since i dont ve any option hehe

May 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,227 of 104,638
Quote:
i recently purchased beta's and i'm not satisfied with the highs and lacks real detail to my taste.i found them to be boomy bassw hich is unlike my taste
so i'm planning to buy another iem with nice highs with sparkles, detailed, crisp and clear, open and non fatiguing, importantly more musical.
how do isurus shines against brainwavz m1 and m4? (i omitted m2 from my option since i read they sound warm n thick)?
which 1 of them has better detail/clarity/separation/soundstage and sounds open n airy??
is isurus gonna beat them in most of the department?
please help me to choose 

I am 100+ hours into burn-in with the Isurus, and was comparing them to some Brainwavs M1s last night, along with the Monoprice 8320s, Philips SHE-3580s, and Hifiman Re0s.  All IEMs were fitted with Shure Olive tips by gluing de-cored olives to stock IEM cores using silicon adhesive, for whatever that information is worth (I have found that Olives enhance bass without significantly muffling high frequencies, reduce ambient noise present in recordings, block out my coworkers’ conversations better than Sony Hybrids and last much longer than Comply tips, both of which I with my unkeen ears find to have mildly unique yet similar sonic effects to Olives).

To me, the M1s have boomy bass, mids are fairly forward, and there is good detail in the treble.  I found the soundstage to be just a little behind the Re0s.  I actually bought the M1s for a friend whose music selection is mostly classical, so minus the boomy bass (which I can minimize with EQ settings) I found them to suit her taste well.

Thus far I have not found the Isurus to be open and detailed.  Sonically they remind me of a combination 9” woofer and 2” tweeter—just beyond boomy and into a low range nearing sub-bass, with treble that is sufficient yet slightly muffled.  They would do a really good job of replicating the rumbling of a hot rod engine, so for any hot rod engine acoustical enthusiasts out there, the Isurus are definitely for you.  I am going to keep burning them in to see if anything changes, but so far I’m not digging them—not to say they don’t sound good given their price tag.

Of the three ‘discovery’ IEMS I have been listening to, I am so far most impressed with the SHE-3580.  High-end detail is approaching that of the M1 (and I have yet to fully burn in the SHE-3580s), low frequency response is incredible for the price, as described elsewhere.  The mids are a bit lacking, and sound is not quite as open as the M1/Re0, but for the $7 they cost me these sound pretty good overall to my ears.

In sum, I would not turn to the Isurus if you’re looking for a more detailed and open sound signature.  Shipping location issues aside, If you want something with a lot of detail and don’t care a whole lot about bass quantity (or are willing to purchase an amp, for example the ZO, to enhance bass quantity), and your budget can afford it, I would head towards something like the Re0s or Etymotic HF5s.  I keep buying the HF5s as gifts when I am convinced I should swap my Re0s for a pair, since to me they sound similar but would do a better job of blocking out the office noise (combined with the Olives, of course).  If you're looking for something a little less expensive that emphasizes detail, you may want to consider the SHE-3580s, or one of the Brainwavz models, prior to the Isurus.

May 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #1,228 of 104,638
Hey all,

So a couple weeks ago my addiem finally gave out and i was looking for a replacement EDC iems. When i read this thread and immediately drove down to target and picked up a pair of the SHE3580, and they've been in my pocket since - it's a little disconcerting how good they are for what i paid for them ($15 - couldn't wait for shipping).

Anyway, i've skimmed a chunk of this thread, and i've figured this is as much fun as collecting high end IEMs with significantly less pain in the wallet area. i'm gonna try and get a pair of the monoprice IEMs at some point. the thermaltakes are $35 on amazon so i'm thinking on that one.

Oh and thanks Dsnuts, i doubt i would have even thought to try anything from philips!

May 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #1,229 of 104,638
This thread has been an eye opener for me as well. Philips has become a company I now pay attention to..I got some really nice surprising earphones from them and it seems these guys just through making so many earphones have come out with a solid one in the SHE3580..It seems with their various newer earphones they use the same driver with housing design tweeks that change the sound a bit here and there but for the most part the SHE3580 is the foundation for even their newest SHE5105.

I hope one day we will see a high end earphone again from them...The SHE3580 is indeed a nice little gem of an earphone.

May 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #1,230 of 104,638
I just ordered those mono price IEMs, should get them by the end of the week.
Is there anything else worth trying? I'm just blown away by these Philips. The bass is so tight and defined with solid Impact. I'm not much of a bass head but it's refreshing coming from addiems.

I just wish the mids were a little more defined; a more balanced yet punchy sound. A different Philips maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back