The discovery thread!
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #12,226 of 103,060
Quote:
Would you still like it if I was to tell you that those 'women' were from Bangkok?
biggrin.gif

T_T was that why i was getting weird vibes??? As long as they are "women" and not a lady........... then i have no problems with it boi!!!
biggrin.gif

See now we know that Onkyo doesn't discriminate and is an equal opportunity employer. HE HE HE

I try to not judge........................................ much.
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #12,227 of 103,060
Man it is tough going on the X3 thread people be jumping off that boat. Lol. Hey I am toughing it out. I feel for Mr. James Fiio. Every other question is. When is it going to be out..How come it has problems with this or that. I bet those guys are stressing out right about now.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #12,228 of 103,060
Quote:
Man it is tough going on the X3 thread people be jumping off that boat. Lol. Hey I am toughing it out. I feel for Mr. James Fiio. Every other question is. When is it going to be out..How come it has problems with this or that. I bet those guys are stressing out right about now.

Fiio has been very very good to me, so I'm not going to jump ship, but those Onkyo IEM are a must soon.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #12,229 of 103,060
^ That's why I went for the C3 where I could have very low expectations as far as functionality goes. And it has lived up to those low functionality expectations lol! Fortunately though (and most importantly) it has also lived up to the SQ expectations.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #12,230 of 103,060
Quote:

LoL, the man needs to chillax here at the discovery thread.
bigsmile_face.gif
Where it's 24/7 365 bull and no content, just having fun with it.
: P

Glad you are sticking with it Ds, i am sure it's gonna pay off. It's their 1st time doing this type of device so there will a few bugs here and there for sho'.

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #12,232 of 103,060
Quote:
Looks like the jvc s500's have dropped to about 21 US dollars. Ive never owned headphones before....just in ears.

The iems ive used are the carbo bassos, ath cks99, etc.

Should I bite? Worth it??

^ if you can get them $21 shipped, get 10 of them and run for the hills. Oh and hook me up with one as well, still want a new set of gunmetal S500 Zs cuz my set got some minor cosmetic scratches. :  (

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #12,233 of 103,060
Hey y'all

I've recently been looking for an amp and dac to add to be setups. I always am looking for bang for your buck (many purchases based on Dsnuts' raves, thanks btw!!) and I figured this would be a great place to ask.

From looking through this thread the two best/cheap dacs I found were the Ele and the hifimediy Sabre. Am I correct in thinking these are the best sub $50 dacs that've discovered? 

I wasn't able to find any cheap amps looking through the thread.
I have one of these cmoys on its way to my house: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200940914746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Is there a cheaper/better option I should consider?

I'll also be using these through my Macbook Pro or Iphone 4 so would either of those dacs actually increase SQ significantly?

Thanks a bunch!

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #12,235 of 103,060
Quote:
^ That's why I went for the C3 where I could have very low expectations as far as functionality goes. And it has lived up to those low functionality expectations lol! Fortunately though (and most importantly) it has also lived up to the SQ expectations.

I just read the last few days of the X3 thread. Not really great reasons for people to be jumping ship imo. From all accounts so far, the X3 will have great SQ (both a great DAC and AMP), for a very reasonable price. Sure, there will be a few glitches to work out with the firmware, but that's to be expected. The people jumping ship were probably just not sure that the purchase was right for them in the first place (as in my case). 

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #12,236 of 103,060
Okay what's the best product Dsnuts ever recommended to you? Take out cost, but just the pure enjoyment of the sound. 

For me>>>>>> the X1

He's also recommended some things where I was like What? I'll visit one or two or those later. lol  (he's been on more than off though 
beerchug.gif
)

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #12,237 of 103,060
Quote:
Unfortunately its not 21 shipped. That would be a dream come true.

Itll be about 31 dollars with shipping and tenso fees.

If you can get the S500s new for around $40 shipped they are a steal, even at $70 they are still a great buy.  So if $31 is the total price including the shipping and tenso fees damnnnn these have gotten so cheap, crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back