The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #11,716 of 100,440
The pair I had I personally had on constant burn in when not in use for a few weeks and the guy before me put at least a hundred himself.. Burn in didn't turn them into a better sounding headphone than the 400s.. They were a better sounding headphone than a lot of others though.. Not including the regular gr07 though so I assume they would still fall behind the gr07be to my ears =).. The 1k's were better than the carbo bassos by a little bit though so that's a justifiable upgrade lol

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #11,717 of 100,440
I really need to compare a pair of H-200 and CKS1ks together to see just what all this hype is about. :p

Too bad nobody around here actually has a pair.
frown.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #11,718 of 100,440
Quote:
The pair I had I personally had on constant burn in when not in use for a few weeks and the guy before me put at least a hundred himself.. Burn in didn't turn them into a better sounding headphone than the 400s.. They were a better sounding headphone than a lot of others though.. Not including the regular gr07 though so I assume they would still fall behind the gr07be to my ears =).. The 1k's were better than the carbo bassos by a little bit though so that's a justifiable upgrade lol

Yeah.... 1Ks are not suitable for bass sissys....... they are another league over the Bassos for me. I am auditioning both of them as i type. Initially i preferred the bassos over them, but burning in these 1Ks straight for like 2 days i can already hear their potential. It's been like a full week of burn in and i have only listened to these 1Ks like 4 times, they have crazy opened up. The bassos are like 2 leagues under these. Sorry to tell ya'. =)

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #11,719 of 100,440
The problem with the 1k's is the upper mids.. the solution to the upper mids problem is the carbo bassos.. They aren't that far apart in sound quality.. The bassos are an easier listen too which counts for something

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #11,720 of 100,440
Quote:
I really need to compare a pair of H-200 and CKS1ks together to see just what all this hype is about. :p

frown.gif

Masa' WAYNE can help you out here. His holiness has them both. Good luck!!!

Quote:
The problem with the 1k's is the upper mids.. the solution to the upper mids problem is the carbo bassos.. They aren't that far apart in sound quality.. The bassos are an easier listen too which counts for something

Yeah the upper mids MIGHT get a lil' bit fatiguing but their overall sound is really smooth. They have a sh!T load of sparkle without ever being overly harsh/ bright or sibilant.  The bassos are no doubt a easier listen, but they are not on par sound wise for me. The 1Ks is easily one tier over the bassos. But the Bassos are fantastic no doubt. Both is WIN WIN for me so.... just not those cheapo Chinaman REs. WATCH OUT they might vanish in thin air due to their built. HE HE HE

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #11,721 of 100,440
The only concern build wise I see with the 400's is the cable under the fabric part of the wire having an issue.. The IEM itself is as solid as anything else.. Just gotta show some restraint with how they are stored when not in use and it shouldn't be a problem.. And considering only one of the 3 can be swapped out for free if something does happen with no questions asked I'd rather have the better sounding easier to replace pair.. They are all great though and definitely in or near the top spots for each price range.. Except the 1k's which really aren't that good.. I might still be bitter I had to sell those off at a discount to wayne though

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #11,722 of 100,440
Quote:
The only concern build wise I see with the 400's is the cable under the fabric part of the wire having an issue.. The IEM itself is as solid as anything else.. Just gotta show some restraint with how they are stored when not in use and it shouldn't be a problem.. And considering only one of the 3 can be swapped out for free if something does happen with no questions asked I'd rather have the better sounding easier to replace pair.. They are all great though and definitely in or near the top spots for each price range.. Except the 1k's which really aren't that good.. I might still be bitter I had to sell those off at a discount to wayne though

haha more like saltiness. You know you want them back, don't lie.
bigsmile_face.gif

Yeah they seem to have a good warranty guarantee but still..... that company to me has the sound down and all, but they seem to have REALLY sub par built quality even on their older flagship models. I mean c'mon even $10 cheapos seems to be better cables. Just something i don't like about them that i want to get off my chest. Their cans have pretty meh built quality as well and they are pretty spendy as well so..... not a isolated issue that's for sure and they are well aware of it. 

/rant

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #11,723 of 100,440
Quote:

frown.gif

Here's what ericp has to say about them:
The last update I read from his post is that he listens to the H200 more than the CKS1000. Maybe you can pm him to confirm this...

That's great news ericp! So how do you rank the H200 amongst your collection of IEMs?

Great question d marco. I still haven't decided where I'm going to put it in my signature, but it's there. In some ways I like it more than the CKS1000, and then there are aspects of the that AT that I like better than the H-200. CKS100 still wins on imaging and separation of instruments (although the H-200 isn't far behind). The H-200 wins on balance an it's use of space (don't know how to put it in words quite yet, but different than instrument separation). Also the BAs make the IEM a bit faster and it has more clarity. CKS1000 has better bass but the H-200 is not far behind in quality (but the AT is the clear champ in quantity). I would put the H-200 in the top tier category, but I would divide the top tier into low, medium and superior. I would put the TF10 in low top tier and the H-200 clearly surpasses it. Does it surpass my beloved W4? Nah, I wouldn't say yes, but it's so damn close (and I mean close) to my ears. Put it this way, I haven't missed any universals I use to own enough to buy them again as long as I own the H-200 and CKS1000.

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #11,724 of 100,440
Wayne has too much money lmao

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #11,725 of 100,440
Damn they both sound good, but the H200 sounds more my taste, I'm no basshead so slightly less isn't much of a problem. Faster, with more clarity. I love my TF10s and if they clear outstrip them in SQ then that's definitely impressive. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #11,726 of 100,440
Quote:
LoL, don't get me wrong i love them both, i wish i can keep them all if i could but i have bigger fish to catch.

The WS99s are amazing, and they sound great with all genres esp. hiphop/ rap/ trip hop/ EDM, pop etc. but like i said they just sound a bit too linear for me to justify keeping them. The CKS1Ks is more intricate in its presentation for some reason, cuz their sound is not as BIG was the WS99s but they have more subtle nuances that is easier to pick out. Maybe it is due to them being an iem, so the sound is more intimate but these nuances really makes listening to your old favorites more fun.  

I think I understand, but the WS99 is really growing on me with burn-in.
Quote:

Btw eric, I am in no way meaning to diminish the H-200's. It's just that none of my iem's come close to the huge soundstage of the 1K's. Having said that, the H-200's are sonically quite awesome, and my addiction to them is starting to firmly take hold!
size]

Oh, I know waynes world. And please don't get me wrong, I still love the 1k, but RE-400 and H-200 occupy my (universal listening time). Both are technically great and probably just fit my favorite sound signatures more.

Quote:
So the re-400 came in today.. I can safely say these are the best iem's I've heard to date.. They overtake my previous favorite the gr07 without much effort.. They are just so smooth and right sounding.. I'm surprised how much I already love them and how much I'm not in need of any extra bass as I was expecting significantly less than they have.. The fit is like they don't even exist in your ears.. Luckily the tips that came on them was the perfect size/fit so I've got no complaints there.. These should be heard by anyone whose buying other iems over $100 searching for the perfect sound.. They come as close as I've found under $150

Told ya!! 
beerchug.gif
 ... If any IEM belongs in this thread it is the RE-400. It just punches way above its price in technical ability. And again, as oneoseven stated, those who love to hear bass (not basshead levels) need not worry. There's enough bass in this audiophile earphone. You really won't be able to undersand how wonderful these earphones are with mere words, you must hear it yourself. Same with the H-200 and the 1k. But the RE-400 is really has a special something that is even different (and better in some ways) than the great H-200. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #11,727 of 100,440
About the 1K's-great sounding, been having a tough time getting a good fit. None of the included tips worked, tried the double flange recommended earlier, not close to working in my ears. Monster Gels were not bad, not great. Radio Shack Auvio large tips seem to be the closest so far. The chamber makes (in my ears) the fit really tough. Think I'm close, though. Such a difference in sound depending on tip/fit. Not sure they'll ever be comfortable enough to be go-to iem's...Tenores and W4 just so much easier and more comfortable (not to mention the PFE 132, which just disappear)

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #11,728 of 100,440
Quote:
About the 1K's-great sounding, been having a tough time getting a good fit. None of the included tips worked, tried the double flange recommended earlier, not close to working in my ears. Monster Gels were not bad, not great. Radio Shack Auvio large tips seem to be the closest so far. The chamber makes (in my ears) the fit really tough. Think I'm close, though. Such a difference in sound depending on tip/fit. Not sure they'll ever be comfortable enough to be go-to iem's...Tenores and W4 just so much easier and more comfortable (not to mention the PFE 132, which just disappear)

Were those the vsonic double flanged tips? Those are the ones that work well for me with the 1k's.

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #11,729 of 100,440
Jul 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #11,730 of 100,440
Quote:
Quote:

Were those the vsonic double flanged tips? Those are the ones that work well for me with the 1k's.

No, Got the Senn double flange, and the MEElectronic double flange, had read about both here, neither work in my ears, I'll have to check out the VSonic (I have some Vsonic iems, but my left over tip collection is an incredible mess lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back