The discovery thread!
Apr 26, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #99,826 of 100,632
Right now, my biggest challenge is the Google Play situation
I don’t login to my google play account on these DAPs at all. Too risky given the potential lack of security of these homebrew OS. Instead, I use APKPure to add these streaming app on my device. On some DAPs (particularly domestic ones from China), I still need to add google play service for some apps to work, but still, not logging in to my google account on these.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #99,828 of 100,632
Wow, my Blon’s came with one pair of tips that were attached and have wax on them, pretty sure I didn’t order a used pair..
Welcome to the world of (o)potty!

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #99,831 of 100,632
Another delivery arrived today, almost 3 weeks with the local mail and customs. The Letshuoer Cadenza4, hybrid IEM with 10mm Beryllium DD and 3 BAs Knowles and Sonion)

Refined and natural sounding, tasteful warmth. Not to bassy, or bright. Clear but smooth sound, and decent technicalities. Midrange is really nice, probably my faovorite Letshuoer. One of the most ergonomic shells, both in fitment and how small and nice the texture is.

I will be writing a full review for this one, but I can already see it as a good recommendation.

DSCF4980.jpg
Impatiently waiting on your review. This looks like a bit of me. But I cannot express with young-and-innocent-audience-friendly words just how much I dislike any dumb-proof L and R markings, especially on visible parts ...

I am still waiting for my lost NiceHCK Himalaya been 55 days
My EA1000 is having an absolute nightmare reaching me as well, thanks to useless postmen.

Do I get Tanchjim One? I think I need to try that too, in the same ballpark of smooth single dynamics.
Everyone and their deaf grandma should get a Tanchjim ONE. The DSP variant for simplicity sake.

Alright, little tip showdown… got 3 new ones in this week.

- Symbio W (New model)
IMG_7466.jpeg
These are foam / silicone hybrid. Very bright orange, they used to be a much darker silicone but I quite like them… the looks and the sound. Not for short nozzles, really good mids.

- Nostalgia Audio XWB
IMG_7467.jpeg
MusicTeck hooked me up with a pair of these super hard to find eartips, I am forever grateful but man I just cannot get a good fit on them and it makes me sad. The sound is great, one of the most neutral I have heard. Going to keep these until they work on something damnit.

- Azla Origin
IMG_7469.jpeg
Already did a small write up on these, but man they are fantastic. Probably my favorite ear tip now. Very grippy, long stem but pretty narrow (had to stretch a bit for the Sza). The bass on these… ho boy. I feel like these are a must either way, but especially for my fellow bass heads.

The Symbio W and Origin go into my all time favorites next to the Divinus Velvet and Eletech Baroque. Highly recommended.
I have the previous Symbio W and it's stiff as a MF and everything but comfortable. Murders bass and treble. Mids though are interesting, and it does something tremendous to the vocals - clear as day.

Ordering Origin right now.

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #99,833 of 100,632
Someone in japan have an idea of doing inverse eartip with metal nozzle top.

Screenshot_20240426_150323_Chrome.jpg

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #99,834 of 100,632
By the way, is there any good clipping dac/amp under 100$? non fiio if posible (since i want newer tech, maybe), duo headphone jack (3.5mm + 4.4mm)
edit: Up to 150$ if music player with clip
Well searching through aliexpress and found nothing, maybe there's isn't anything like it yet, back to fiio maybe

buying soundpeats engine 4 yay

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #99,835 of 100,632
Apr 26, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #99,836 of 100,632
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #99,839 of 100,632
Look what just showed up. Phoenix is calling. Looking pretty in this fully transparent form.

Off for burn-in it goes. Ha, 'burn-in' and 'Phoenix', love it.

1000013091.jpg

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #99,840 of 100,632
Have you reviewed it somewhere? If not, I think it would be a good read!
The ONE still keeps popping up, usually a sign that it's good.
I have not and honestly cannot be bothered to. Forming a review worthy of posting takes me so much time.

At that price it is a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back