The discovery thread!
May 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #9,931 of 103,273
Quote:
Someone other than me in this thread need to get his hands on H-200. It's quite stunning! I'm not going to say it's better than the CKS1000, but I'm not going to say it's worse either. The sound signatures are so different, but the H-200 shines in allowing one to hear what a true dynamic/BA hybrid should really sound like (at least in my imagination). Space between instruments, silk smooth, micro details, solid detailed mids, wonderful treble just shy of harsh, and some of richest most natural bass you've ever heard (just south of basshead level, yet it will be plenty for bassheads and non-bassheads). Actually, when not listening the AS-2  the H-200 stays in my ears (then the CKS1000). So much to write about but my desktop (at home crashed), but we're still moving forward in sound.

Happy listening!!

that sounds like the perfect iem.

May 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #9,932 of 103,273
Quote:

that sounds like the perfect iem.

I hate to say it, because I have some top of the line customs and universals (or had them), but for the price this one is a stunner. I didn't hear it until after about 50 hours burn in, but it's amazing! Plus the package and accessories you get for $250 (and build quality) shoots way above it's MSRP. But for me that's not important. The sound is amazing. It's right next door (and beating some) to the $400 to $500 universals I've heard. The TF10 can't touch it, nor the XBA-4.

May 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #9,933 of 103,273
Quote:

I hate to say it, because I have some top of the line customs and universals (or had them), but for the price this one is a stunner. I didn't hear it until after about 50 hours burn in, but it's amazing! Plus the package and accessories you get for $250 (and build quality) shoots way above it's MSRP. But for me that's not important. The sound is amazing. It's right next door (and beating some) to the $400 to $500 universals I've heard. The TF10 can't touch it, nor the XBA-4.

To be fair the TF10 is a 250~ iem and pretty old.  Jerry Harvey was still with UE.  

I dont know much about the XBA-4; so no comment lol.

I'd like to audition them sometime and see how it stacks up.

May 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #9,934 of 103,273
Quote:
Someone other than me in this thread need to get his hands on H-200. It's quite stunning! I'm not going to say it's better than the CKS1000, but I'm not going to say it's worse either. The sound signatures are so different, but the H-200 shines in allowing one to hear what a true dynamic/BA hybrid should really sound like (at least in my imagination). Space between instruments, silk smooth, micro details, solid detailed mids, wonderful treble just shy of harsh, and some of richest most natural bass you've ever heard (just south of basshead level, yet it will be plenty for bassheads and non-bassheads). Actually, when not listening the AS-2  the H-200 stays in my ears (then the CKS1000). So much to write about but my desktop (at home crashed), but we're still moving forward in sound.

Happy listening!!

I ordered mine on the last day of the pre-sale... can't wait to finally hear it; most likely mid next week.
Lucky I'm having heaps of fun with the DX210, otherwise I'd be frantic by now. 
blink.gif

May 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #9,935 of 103,273
Quote:

Happy listening!!

I have the H-200 as well. They are truly outstanding. I agree completely, a stunning earphone and a steal for a hybrid done right.

May 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #9,936 of 103,273
Quote:
They might look the same but doesn't mean they will sound the same sfwalcer
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmm i am not sure about these corecools anymore. The size of the housing and the microphonic cable has me a bit concern, plus they sell these exact models in China for like less then $50 bucks.

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=corecool+v2&keyword=&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=item&atype=&tracelog=&sourceId=tb.index&rt=1369023189242&source=haiwaigou&pid=mm_14507416_2297358_8935934&unid=

If they are a great as you make them out to be i don't understand how/ why they are selling them for so cheap tbh. I doubt the maker of these are that clueless if they have such a winner in their hands. The Vsonic gr07s sells for even more expensive in China which to me is a testament of their true sound/ value. These corecools just have so many lookalikes that seems to sound pretty similar from all the reviews and impressions so far. You're the only one that is saying they best the FXZ200s AND is on par with the gr07 BEs but doesn't have much concrete or detailed impressions on exactly how this is the case.

I wanna trust you chill but you're not really winning me over with those random statements you be posting. LoL

I might still get them cuz that ebay seller is so nice about it, but he sure is giving me A LOT of time to think it over that's for sure. Plus i almost have enough paypal funds to get the gr07 BEs and really don't wanna waste it on these corecools if they are indeed pretty average sounding as most of the reviews and impressions seems to suggest.

edit: @ ericp
Thanks for the update on those hybrids, looks real promising..... just too bad they look pretty bulky and not that stylish. :  ( Yes i is a hipster @ heart!!!
ksc75smile.gif

May 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #9,937 of 103,273
Due to not being able to listen to my music indoors at MY normal listening volumes, I decided to stepp back into the IEM game :)  Ordered those 3eighty5 that are MIGHT be corecools since they only cost $30.  Next step is to get an actual pair of corecools to compare (I'll probably place the order next week).  I doubt the 385 and corecools are the same as the speck are different.
BTW Moochill, how long does it take from your ebay seller to get the V2 to you?

May 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #9,938 of 103,273
Quote:

I ordered mine on the last day of the pre-sale... can't wait to finally hear it; most likely mid next week.
Lucky I'm having heaps of fun with the DX210, otherwise I'd be frantic by now. 
blink.gif

Congrats d marc0!

May 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #9,939 of 103,273
Tf10 isn't an original $250 iem, its cost was much more. And old has nothing to do with the sound signature. It is top tier or it's not.

May 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #9,941 of 103,273
Quote:
Tf10 isn't an original $250 iem, its cost was much more. And old has nothing to do with the sound signature. It is top tier or it's not.

but it's 250 now.  What is used to cost has nothing to do what it sells for now.  It costs 250 or it doesnt

May 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #9,942 of 103,273
Quote:

but it's 250 now.  What is used to cost has nothing to do what it sells for now.  It costs 250 or it doesnt

his point is that price is irrelevant to the sound quality. price would be relevant in a quality/price ratio for that matter. but he is only comparing things according to the SQ and thats it.

you have to define how you measure up things. SQ, price, SQ/price, other

May 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #9,943 of 103,273
Quote:

Quote:

his point is that price is irrelevant to the sound quality. price would be relevant in a quality/price ratio for that matter. but he is only comparing things according to the SQ and thats it.

you have to define how you measure up things. SQ, price, SQ/price, other

seeing as he specifies a price point and named specific iems price does play a factor.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back