The discovery thread!
May 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #9,857 of 100,441
Quote:
Quote:
Did anyone every take a jump to see if the 3EIGHTY5 EP-5200 were rebranded Corecool v2? If not I'll order some off of Newegg and post up some details about the sound to see if you guys find them similar.

If you have already I think I'll just grab the CKS99 for myself.

As far as I know no one has bought those yet.

Mmmkay, just ordered them and we'll see what the turn about is like.

EDIT:

These look interesting as well: http://www.385audio.com/collections/headphones/products/etz

May 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #9,858 of 100,441
Those look sexy as hell!

Like these more though:
http://www.385audio.com/collections/headphones/products/illumina

May 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #9,860 of 100,441
The Illumina remind me of Denon's Urban Ravers or UE6000s.

They remind me of lasers in ministry of sound, in london lol

Shame they aren't sold in UK anywhere.

May 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #9,861 of 100,441
Quote:
The burn in has commenced for the corecool v2 and after 100 hrs I'm going to update about there epicness and for the mean time I'm going to enjoy my burned in pair of vsonic gr99 which I just got done burning in for 300hrs . The gr99 are pretty amazing now and can't believe there quality of sound which sounds much better then the cor150: D

haha cant wait man

May 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #9,863 of 100,441
Quote:
Did anyone every take a jump to see if the 3EIGHTY5 EP-5200 were rebranded Corecool v2? If not I'll order some off of Newegg and post up some details about the sound to see if you guys find them similar.

Quote:
Mmmkay, just ordered them and we'll see what the turn about is like.

You're the man Vain! Nick and SF and I have been trying to determine if they are the same as the V2's, so we're looking forward to your impressions!

May 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #9,864 of 100,441
Quote:

You're the man Vain! Nick and SF and I have been trying to determine if they are the same as the V2's, so we're looking forward to your impressions!

now there´s only the Xears one left. guinea pig  volunteers wanted! 
tongue.gif

May 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #9,865 of 100,441
Vsonic ultimate budget iem called the vsd-1 and vsd-1s is about to be released in 15 days but I'll be gone :frowning2:. When I get back I'm giong to buy both :D. They are supposed to be a better value versus the gr07 mkii and bass edition: D using there special driver using electroless nickel plated diaphram which they will be using on there mr07 :)

May 20, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #9,867 of 100,441
Quote:
I have a question, does the ckn70 and carbo basso destroy the sony mh1c and in which areas?

I can't speak for the ckn70. But you prompted me to deal with the diabolical (cable) and throw on the mh1c's. That prompted me to realize (yet again) how good they are, so thanks for that! With that said...

Via the ele dac + c&c bh, I listened to "Luminary - Amsterdam (Smith & Pledger Remix)" (as recommended by Lifted Andreas for treble testing, and an awesome song to boot!).

I found the basso's (ie dx210's) bass to be tighter and more refined. Seemed to have more kick, whereas the mh1c's bass was boomier. The basso's mids are neither recessed or forward whereas the mh1c's mids seem somewhat recessed and distant, giving the impression that the basso's mids are more forward and engaging (at least to me). The mh1c's treble is pretty nice, but the basso's treble seems more forward, detailed and sparkly. The overall impression imo is that the basso's seem more balanced, refined, energetic and engaging.

Whether or not that constitutes "destroying" the mh1c's I can't say - although I like the basso's sound quite a bit more, I still came away impressed with the mh1c's. Factor in the cable though, and yes, the basso's DESTROY the mh1c's lol!

May 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #9,868 of 100,441
The CKN70 and the MH1C are pretty different beasts. While they both have ample bass, it's a bit warmer and heavier in the latter (more midbass, I would think) and more punchy and fast in the former. The 70s are fairly V-shaped and the treble is bright; I find the Sonys pretty mellow and relaxing, as long as you don't get stressed by bass, while the AT can get a bit tiring through the sharpness (can be tempered by foam tips, but they lose a bit of detail that way). The AT have better resolution and imaging, but the Sonys more natural timbre. Both have pretty large soundstages, the AT slightly more 3D.

May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #9,870 of 100,441
Quote:
I hope my question doesnt get skipped over like my others (lol) but anything better than the JVC FX40 for under $25???

Yeah the Sony MH1Cs. LoL

If you want a complete/direct upgrade to the FX40s, the CKN70s would be it. Never heard the FXD80s but lots of people say those are great sounding as well. The CKN70/ FXD80s are both over $25 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back