The discovery thread!
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #98,101 of 100,028
2X post

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #98,102 of 100,028
Cables rolls TSMR-X
First things first I have to say I landed on the suggested switch setting. Meaning 100 was too bass laden and affected pace. Really the suggested setting of 020 was just right, and reassuring that I hear things the way TSMR hears stuff.

Cables
The ISN S4 4 strand 63 cores totaling 252 cores silver plated copper $55.00
The ISN GC4 Single Crystal Copper Gold Platted 4 stand 16 core $179.00
The Penon ASOS+ 8 wire, 24 AWG 99cores Silver Plated Copper with Litz structure and special Purple Plug $215.00

The Penon OSG Graphene infused Silver Plated Copper 4 stand 71 core Litz structure $299.00

DSC_0018.jpege copy.jpeg

The ISN S4:
What was wild is I have always had an itch to try the S4 cable on other stuff. While sure depending where you want to go the ISN Neo5 was released with the S8, only to be fully improved by the magic of the S4. Today the S4 is bringing its bass reductions and stage widening to the table. While not as vivid as the next three, it was still cool to hear. My bad, as I have yet to try it against the included TSMR cable? :frowning2:

DSC_1891.jpegdw.jpeg

The ISN GC4:
The ISN GC4 added an additional amount of thickness from the S4 and did a cool thing to where it cleaned up the low end and added details, a style of speed and texture. The GC4 is while slightly dark it also added great width into stage perception and slight itemizations found inside the midrange. Great and really a good combo if you want a cleaner bass than some cables with still the warmth and stage size offered with some cables. Clean bass is the word for the day.

DSC_1874.jpeg23s.jpeg

The ASOS+:
The ASOS+ may have been my favorite cable, maybe? Just bigger than life, and a width, tallness and lowest point, plus front to back. Both midrange centered, yet opened up the treble into items and made the bass super clear and fast. We are talking size of output........

DSC_1880.jpeg3.jpeg

Penon OSG:
DSC_0006.jpegqwq.jpeg

The Penon OSG:
Well well, Penon used Graphene for the very first time with this. The older and wiser more expensive brother of the ISN G4. Here was are given bass reduction too, but done in such a special way…….to where the mids were offering the biggest and smoothest today. A notch down in many ways from the over the top ASOS+. Yet this here was polite and offered a new level of class and sophistication, allowing that Graphene sound to be just that much more potent than the G4 ever thought of being. Big with a smooth midrange and a deepness of looking down into the stage that comes from clarity and element organization.

The ISN G4:
DSC_1901.jpegone.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #98,105 of 100,028
Mar 30, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #98,106 of 100,028
Whoa finally! Is this the Cantor?

Gotta say though. It could just be the angle of the shot, but those nozzles look.. invasive to my earholes. Geoduck vibes. IYKYK.

1711775860569.png
I don't like the blue. I hope they go with these:
1711778495795.png

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #98,107 of 100,028
1711778495795.png
Totally agree. I like those faceplates they showed off late last year better than the ones they recently posted. The recent ones are kind of a knockoff of the Aroma Jewel.

1711779805137.png
1711779834588.png

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #98,108 of 100,028
This is am interesting one.
I think most of us can agree to the fact that Shuoer s15 is not an followup to the S12 or S12 pro.
So what it is an upgrade to? I find the S15 very similar to the Hidizs MP145 with Red filter.
So.. Can one pick the S15 as an upgrade to the MP145?
Here is my comparison video:

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #98,109 of 100,028
Hello, I am. Sorry I just saw your question. Also, thank you for the kind words. The truth is, when I say holographic I am reffering to an iems ability to portray something other than a flat plane of music. It has perceived layers, roundness, a less then flat perception of instruments, voices. The reason I never make a big deal about the word "holographic" is because it is a made up word which describes something other than this "flat plane" and I can agree if taken literally it would be much more fantastic than it really is... Lol. I've actually made fun of the use of the word in other reviews. Made fun of myself about it too. In fact, there is a few descriptors that we use regularly that almost make no sense... But we use them...ha. However, it's the lingo and that is what makes sense to people and so I'm fine with it and I use it to describe perceptable roundness of elements (instruments, voices) on the stage. Here is a few words I said about the P8 in my review under soundstage:

"Soundstage

The soundstage has above average width and good height for a fuller sounding intimate experience. However, I do feel that depth could’ve been a bit more… deep. The sound stretches pretty wide to my ears and while the whole presentation is more forward sounding, I still find it big in all directions. It’s full sounding, big sounding. Yet also close. I do get a sense for layering of sounds, but I also feel that the depth leaves a little bit to be desired. However, in the grand scheme of things the soundstage is not one which sounds as though it lacks. Depth is a difficult thing to hear until you hear a set that is obviously deep with easy to hear layering. The P8 does layer the sound but something is slightly missing here. Again, it certainly doesn’t lack to me so take that for what it is."

If I said "holographic" in that review, I can tell you right away that I was reffering to the 3D nature of the stage and my ability to discern each instrument with at least some roundness to them. I also went back and looked at my "Pros" section which I completed and I feel that maybe it shouldn't have been a strong "pro". I am gong to edit that. However, I was listening maybe three days ago to the P8 and I was saying the same thing to myself. Using the Fiio Q15 and the Shanling M6 Ultra for a comparison I am doing, the sound isn't massively deep but the P8 does have roundness to notes, not so two dimensional to me compared to some other sets, which is very nice to hear. Also, the P8 is so clean man! At any rate, to me, the P8 has a decently round view of instrumentation. I wouldn't say it's amazing or some out of body experience.. Lol. But it was enough to at least speak about. Now, Is this something I hear in every recording? No it isn't. Which, I suppose I could've elaborated more to better explain myself. So I do apologize for that. Also, I am sorry I am not being as elaborate or eloquent as I'd like right now. I actually just got into my work and happened to check Head-fi. If my quick answer doesn't suit you I'd be happy to elaborate later when I have a chance.
Yes yes all good. And now I await aful Cantor!

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #98,110 of 100,028

AmericanSpirit chased them on Twitter about how these faceplates look like Generative AI 💩, so I guess there is no way to please everyone

Totally agree. I like those faceplates they showed off late last year better than the ones they recently posted. The recent ones are kind of a knockoff of the Aroma Jewel.

So that’s what they look like. I remember seeing an expensive IEM with that design before

Well, at the beginning, their IEM looked like Monarch II knockoff, so :beyersmile:

But yeah, the nozzle looks concerning.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #98,111 of 100,028

1711779805137.png1711779834588.png
Aroma Jewels look like 200 dollar chi-fi but are one of the most expensive IEMs I've seen.

I know the target demographic for these won't care about aesthetics but c'mon, I expect far better build quality when I'm dropping 5k on a pair of IEMs.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #98,112 of 100,028
This is am interesting one.
I think most of us can agree to the fact that Shuoer s15 is not an followup to the S12 or S12 pro.
So what it is an upgrade to? I find the S15 very similar to the Hidizs MP145 with Red filter.
So.. Can one pick the S15 as an upgrade to the MP145?
Here is my comparison video:

S15 is smoother and warmer sounding than MP145, I am sensetive to the metallic planar timbre that is almost gone on S15 but its still there on MP145. This make MP145 sound a little unreal and artificial.

MP145 Comfort is not good for me due to both angle of the nozzle and sharp edges on the shell, to position it well the bottom sharp edge digs into my ear.

Technicalities is very close to the same imo.

Soundstage is the only place where MP145 is better than S15, to me sound very large and wide.

Price is the biggest deciding factor, few would want to pay the double to get S15. Also many dislike the design.
Hidisz is also a questionable brand to me, due to honesty.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #98,113 of 100,028
How much sugar and or creme you use on your coffee? We all are different in how much or how little we like to add or not add to the pure blackness of coffee. If you like your coffee straight up then something as simple as that extra nozzle with one of the more open nozzle coverings is all you need. Or none at all. But you like your coffee a bit sweet you can add more denser nozzle mesh and then add a foam piece underneath.
That really makes sense and I could have expected such an answer but to tell the truth my ears are not analytical enough and if I have to spend 5-10 minutes changing filter/foam I'd probably have forgotten what the other tuning sounds like.... I can hear some differences but I really need to be able to A/B them. So I guess I am mostly looking for some pointers. I know you mentioned the black ring nozzle from ea500 before and liked it so maybe the better question would be: do you know which filter/foam combination Simgot uses there? What is your favorite setup for the diy nozzles now?
I did mainly buy the set for the longer nozzles, not too much for playing with the different options.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #98,114 of 100,028
S15 is smoother and warmer sounding than MP145, I am sensetive to the metallic planar timbre that is almost gone on S15 but its still there on MP145. This make MP145 sound a little unreal and artificial.

MP145 Comfort is not good for me due to both angle of the nozzle and sharp edges on the shell, to position it well the bottom sharp edge digs into my ear.

Technicalities is very close to the same imo.

Soundstage is the only place where MP145 is better than S15, to me sound very large and wide.

Price is the biggest deciding factor, few would want to pay the double to get S15. Also many dislike the design.
Hidisz is also a questionable brand to me, due to honesty.
I'm so in line with every single word. I was torn about taking another planar after my P1 Max, to pair with the power of the FiiO KA17. Eventually, due to the reasons you mentioned, I wanted to give a chance to the incoming Shozy P20.
I hope I won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #98,115 of 100,028
Started writing a review on the first AüR I got. This one will take some time. But the set deserves it.

1000009423.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back