DX210
CKN70
FXD70
GR02

which to choose

^ you know you want my CKN70s BAD!!!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I have the fxd70's. From what I have read, the CKN70's are an upgrade. I'm not sure about the GR02's, but your decision might be between the DX210's and the CKN70's.

Yeppp traded away my FXD70s as well, really mid/ treble centric with crazy tight lows. A bit too bass lite and analytically cold sounding for me taste. The CKN70s are for sure a upgrade to them. Much more versatile and easier to listen to esp. for longer periods of time.

Quote:

Vsonic cables are just so nice.... can't stand majority of universal cables.  

haha, then you will LOVE the cable of the CKN70s.
wink_face.gif

@marc0
Great stuff meng, keep rm' coming!!!
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #9,677 of 100,767
Quote:
^ you know you want my CKN70s BAD!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeppp traded away my FXD70s as well, really mid/ treble centric with crazy tight lows. A bit too bass lite and analytically cold sounding for me taste. The CKN70s are for sure a upgrade to them. Much more versatile and easier to listen to esp. for longer periods of time.

haha, then you will LOVE the cable of the CKN70s.
wink_face.gif

@marc0
Great stuff meng, keep rm' coming!!!
beerchug.gif

then the fxd's are for me. 
L3000.gif

don't listen to that whipper snapper music.  You know the ones where its (bass bass bass transformers transforming: optimus prime, megatron, metroplex)  I half way expect optimus prime to say "autobots roll out" somewhere along the song 
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #9,678 of 100,767
Quote:

L3000.gif

don't listen to that whipper snapper music.  You know the ones where its (bass bass bass transformers transforming: optimus prime, megatron, metroplex)  I half way expect optimus prime to say "autobots roll out" somewhere along the song 
rolleyes.gif

^Then you better get ready for a longgggggg burn-in session cuz the treble is pretty bright/ peaky on the FXD70s. Took me forever to burn them in but it never got as smooth as my CKN70s. Just a heads up, their cable is wayyy better than the CKN70s thats for sure.

Say what???
blink.gif
............ what a nerd!!!
tongue.gif

May 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #9,679 of 100,767
Quote:
^Then you better get ready for a longgggggg burn-in session cuz the treble is pretty bright/ peaky on the FXD70s. Took me forever to burn them in but it never got as smooth as my CKN70s. Just a heads up, their cable is wayyy better than the CKN70s thats for sure.

Say what???
blink.gif
tongue.gif

But, the treble on the fxd70's does indeed tame after countless hours. I know because for the longest while they were way to bright for me and I could only listen to them with foam tips to tame the treble. But now the treble is very nice.

May 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #9,680 of 100,767
Quote:

Say what???
blink.gif
tongue.gif

hmmm...

Sold and traded my s400 and mh1 for the GR02 and the s500.

Now I can compare

May 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #9,681 of 100,767
Quote:

But, the treble on the fxd70's does indeed tame after countless hours. I know because for the longest while they were way to bright for me and I could only listen to them with foam tips to tame the treble. But now the treble is very nice.

That's good to hear but they were the iems that i burned in the most and used the least, and the treble was still a bit too bright/ sibilant for my taste. The CKN70s have responded MUCH better to burn-in and has opened up immensely.  Really diggin' them but it's just their sound siggy is nothing really THAT special and i love my FXZ200s a lot more.  The CKN70s are fun and easy to listen to that's for sure cuz of it's great balanced and detailed presentation.

Quote:

hmmm...

Sold and traded my s400 and mh1 for the GR02 and the s500.

Now I can compare

^ FINALLY SOME S500s lovin' for your noob @ss!!!
deadhorse.gif

May 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #9,682 of 100,767
That's good to hear but they were the iems that i burned in the most and used the least, and the treble was still a bit too bright/ sibilant for my taste. The CKN70s have responded MUCH better to burn-in and has opened up immensely.  Really diggin' them but it's just their sound siggy is nothing really THAT special and i love my FXZ200s a lot more.  The CKN70s are fun and easy to listen to that's for sure cuz of it's great balanced and detailed presentation.

^ FINALLY SOME S500s lovin' for your noob @ss!!! :deadhorse:

Everyone needs to own a pair of S500s!

May 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #9,684 of 100,767
Quote:

^ FINALLY SOME S500s lovin' for your noob @ss!!!
deadhorse.gif

just waiting to see how bloated the bass 
cool.gif

pretty sure im going to end up trading up to the s400

May 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #9,685 of 100,767
I think I'm definitely going to buy the DX210s, now to get some headphones to accompany them.

Still can't believe you're having doubts about the S500s.

You don't know what you're missing lol

They are the best budget headphones out right now!

May 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #9,686 of 100,767
Quote:

Ah ok, thanks man will do.

Just to give you a preview of what you will receive... 

What I really love about Brainwavz is that they never skip on accessories! 
size]

Very nice, case is smaller than the Jaycar's though.

Sorry for the bad photo quality

May 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #9,687 of 100,767
Quote:
L3000.gif

rolleyes.gif

Btw, there are some fxd70's and ckn70's for sale here (although the seller is a dubious character! :wink:

May 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #9,688 of 100,767
May 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #9,689 of 100,767
Ok, this is what I have received today, FiiO HS2 Headphone output switcher.

According to FiiO, HS2 was originally created for their agents only, to show their customers differences between different amps or amped and unamped signal ect, but due to the high interest they decide to sell it to end customers as well.
For now it is available only directly from FiiO, but in the future should be available from their dealers as well.
The device is small, very small, almost size of TicTac box.

It came in a tin box and FiiO were very nice to include 4 40cm. audio cables with it.
For the asking price asking price of 20$ shipped I didn't expect that.

It was pleasant surprise to see that HS2 is very nice build, the body is from aluminum, but is very light.
The knob is from aluminum too and is tight with nice "click" sound when you switch positions.
HS2 has 4 3.5mm inputs (or outputs) on the back side and on the front is one 3.5mm and one 6.3mm output/input and the signal is split between the front jacks.

Usually you cannot connect two or more sources together, as one output could be damaged by the other, but with HS2 you can safely plug up to 4 sources together.
Of course you can compare not only sources, but headphones and cables as well.
The , which is very reasonable IMO.

I've been looking for such a device and I'm very happy that FiiO decide to make one available.

From FiiO Facebook page:
FiiO
4 май

FiiO Headphone signal Switcher Open to retail now .

Lots of fans asked us to sell the HS2, now we are collecting the order from our sales agents, but it takes time to handle the pre order. so we decide to sell to end customer directly.

Anyone wants to buy our HS2, please send $20 to our paypal A/C pay@fiio.com.cn. and them send the paypal reception to market5@fiio.com.cn with detail address and your phone number which is required by the forwarder, the HS2 will be delivered by Hong Kong Post Office and take about 20 days to arrives.

Thanks in Advance.

let comparing begin 
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #9,690 of 100,767
Quote:
Ok, this is what I have received today, FiiO HS2 Headphone output switcher.

According to FiiO, HS2 was originally created for their agents only, to show their customers differences between different amps or amped and unamped signal ect, but due to the high interest they decide to sell it to end customers as well.
For now it is available only directly from FiiO, but in the future should be available from their dealers as well.
The device is small, very small, almost size of TicTac box.

It came in a tin box and FiiO were very nice to include 4 40cm. audio cables with it.
For the asking price asking price of 20$ shipped I didn't expect that.

It was pleasant surprise to see that HS2 is very nice build, the body is from aluminum, but is very light.
The knob is from aluminum too and is tight with nice "click" sound when you switch positions.
HS2 has 4 3.5mm inputs (or outputs) on the back side and on the front is one 3.5mm and one 6.3mm output/input and the signal is split between the front jacks.

Usually you cannot connect two or more sources together, as one output could be damaged by the other, but with HS2 you can safely plug up to 4 sources together.
Of course you can compare not only sources, but headphones and cables as well.
The , which is very reasonable IMO.

I've been looking for such a device and I'm very happy that FiiO decide to make one available.

From FiiO Facebook page:
FiiO
4 май

FiiO Headphone signal Switcher Open to retail now .

Lots of fans asked us to sell the HS2, now we are collecting the order from our sales agents, but it takes time to handle the pre order. so we decide to sell to end customer directly.

Anyone wants to buy our HS2, please send $20 to our paypal A/C pay@fiio.com.cn. and them send the paypal reception to market5@fiio.com.cn with detail address and your phone number which is required by the forwarder, the HS2 will be delivered by Hong Kong Post Office and take about 20 days to arrives.

Thanks in Advance.

let comparing begin 
biggrin.gif

you could use the out's as in's and the in's as out's...to A/B different headphones.  which is a much more useful function than comparing sources....imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back