The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #8,821 of 100,649
I too have new favorite headphone, it is called Jaycar Pro Monitor. 
biggrin.gif

My S500 will not see any use in the near future, if ever. I was even thinking of selling it yesterday. 
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #8,824 of 100,649
Don't buy an amp just upgrade your source and get the colorfly c3 or the highsoundaudio n1,n3 and you'll be good without an amp :)

Hi mochill, thanks for offering your thoughts.

I do have a Clip Zip and Rocco BA along with my iphone4 as source. Looking to maximize the performance of what I have now with the least outlay and the C&C BH seems to fit the bill.

Appreciate your thoughts though and will look into other DAPs and see where I go from here.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #8,825 of 100,649
I think that iPhone 4 is a great source, just get LOD and amp if you need more horse power.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #8,829 of 100,649
I've got the ckn70's on the way. Does anybody has experience from driving these from the Colorfly C3?

I'm tired of my phone being out of battery on/after long flights and looking for a dedicated DAP with good battery life but I don't care for bringing an amp as well.

Any input would be welcome.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #8,830 of 100,649
Quote:
I too have new favorite headphone, it is called Jaycar Pro Monitor. 
biggrin.gif

My S500 will not see any use in the near future, if ever. I was even thinking of selling it yesterday. 
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
btw my jaycar started shipment yesterday. looking forward with high expectations.

Those are great headphones.... they used to be 57 shipped from jaycar.  It was a great deal.  My favorite closed full size can.  They are basically rebranded FA-003's....or HM5.....or Lindy Premiums.... or NVT (maybe NXT) headphones......all bought from Yoga.  You get a headphone case, spare pads and a great set of full-sized cans.  

Here's what I did with mine.

Dynamat on front of cups...(recommend to place electric tape over dynamat to seal black goo in place as it will eventually start to melt from the heat and will go all over the place)

Peeled off the felt inside and place silverstone acoustic foam as bottom layer... put stock felt on top with some parts cut out

Dyanmat on back of driver and some more acoustic foam around the edge

dynamat around the driver

didnt take a picture but put stock hd580 foam infront of the cup to tame some of the highs.

Also, didn't cover the port holes as one fo the threads suggested.... sucked the bass right out... as the cans are a little light on bass as is.

Sounds great!  think of it a closed version of hd600

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #8,831 of 100,649
That's look great man. Thanks for the pics, maybe I'll also try some mods in the future, but for I'm pretty happy as it. It does sound awesome for my noob ears. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #8,833 of 100,649
I wasn't sure if I liked the CKN70s more than the S500s. I knew it was inevitable, but it wasn't evident until about 15 minutes ago.

If you didn't listen to those songs through the CKN70s you're missing out. I wish I could hear them in the WS99s...

If any of you have an ELE plug your CKN70s into it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Omg better than the S500s?

I find it really hard to believe.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #8,835 of 100,649
Quote:
If your looking for a didacated dap with amazing battery life I recommend the hisoundaudio studio v which has 100hr battery life and sound fantastic, the colorfly c3 has 15hrs but it Suppose to sound great as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Small correction...

It does sound fantastic! Really neutral, perfect to use with warm IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back