The discovery thread!
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #86,012 of 104,034
yes its color coded it seems,
From their marketing material

Though TRN pretty much matched the price of the old 8BA earphone and supplied 2X the drivers. :)

Edit:
I really wonder if the wholesale cost of BAs has gone down, because the are a lot of em everywhere this year?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #86,013 of 104,034
Contemplating on posting it here but here goes.. wife approved audiophile bedsheet, it's got side pockets :ksc75smile:
Mueller Ultratemp Bed Sheets Set, Super Soft 1800, 18-24 Inch Deep Pocket Sheets, Transfers Heat, Breathes Better, Hypoallergenic, Wrinkle, 6Pc
Very nice dude 😎

Audio is banned from bedroom by wife, that's for sleeping or _____ 🤣

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #86,015 of 104,034
If this image to be believed in,

1694075240546.png

Then TRN is mostly using older BAs (or they are "updated/custom" version or basically old unit with dampers)
this promo image is curiously missing from the the new marketing materials

and its replaced with this image of nondescript BAs instead (and only descriptive BAs "low freq BA" without driver series number)

1694075509684.png

and yeah no mention of DLP sound tube shell, just "aviation grade aluminium-magnesium shell."
---
while TRN have advantages of "Moar drivers~!", both AS24 and Kumo uses new gen driver who are supposedly better performing + DLP soundtube shells.
well, i guess its depend on the application and tuning.

Attachments

• 1694075202860.jpeg
    1694075202860.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #86,016 of 104,034
If this image to be believed in,

Then TRN is mostly using older BAs (or they are "updated/custom" version or basically old unit with dampers)
this promo image is curiously missing from the the new marketing materials

and its replaced with this image of nondescript BAs instead (and only descriptive BAs "low freq BA" without driver series number)

and yeah no mention of DLP sound tube shell, just "aviation grade aluminium-magnesium shell."
---
while TRN have advantages of "Moar drivers~!", both AS24 and Kumo uses new gen driver who are supposedly better performing + DLP soundtube shells.
well, i guess its depend on the application and tuning.

In my experience, TRN products with high driver count are usually dodgy. Usually QC issues or banshee screaming tuning. Sometimes less is more, and stuffing an obscene amount of drivers inside without proper crossover or tuning is meaningless.

From your picture, there seem to be some BAs just dumped in the nozzle without a proper acoustic tube, that's a big red flag for sibilance galore.

Best to wait for first adopter impressions/reviews instead of blind buying this one.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #86,017 of 104,034
Contemplating on posting it here but here goes.. wife approved audiophile bedsheet, it's got side pockets :ksc75smile:
Mueller Ultratemp Bed Sheets Set, Super Soft 1800, 18-24 Inch Deep Pocket Sheets, Transfers Heat, Breathes Better, Hypoallergenic, Wrinkle, 6Pc
71SFbGkAQeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Are you SURE that these are genuine audio products by virtue of acoustic desirability. Not just being charged to your "Audiophile" account to offset the other expensive crap (er, gear I mean, I lapsed into WIFE101 lingo)
you have been accumulating? :thinking:

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #86,018 of 104,034
Though TRN pretty much matched the price of the old 8BA earphone and supplied 2X the drivers. :)

Edit:
I really wonder if the wholesale cost of BAs has gone down, because the are a lot of em everywhere this year?

Maybe they saving costs by not wiring them all up or having all the sound tubes patent? I know, inconceivable!

:deadhorse:

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #86,020 of 104,034
Maybe they saving costs by not wiring them all up or having all the sound tubes patent? I know, inconceivable!

:deadhorse:
Well, still that is a lot of drivers. The curiosity comes from is it good or not, because it may be really good. Still how in the world do you put sound tubes together there? They don't show the sound tubes either because it is not something you want to see? Or the art department refused to draw it, or it just looks wild? Someone will take one apart........some day. :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #86,021 of 104,034
Well, still that is a lot of drivers. The curiosity comes from is it good or not, because it may be really good. Still how in the world do you put sound tubes together there? They don't show the sound tubes either because it is not something you want to see? Or the art department refused to draw it, or it just looks wild? Someone will take one apart........some day. :)
It reminds me of the why HiFri is buying one of TRN loads of BA IEMs even tough he thinks it bad.
He bought it to harvest the drivers, apparently pretty cost efficient compared to buying the driver individually:dt880smile:

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #86,022 of 104,034
The Bax was and is one of my favorites, so not everything they do is bad. The TRN TA1 MAX is great too.........they do make a few nice ones. The TRN ST5, I thought was just OK, though some people really like it?
It reminds me of the why HiFri is buying one of TRN loads of BA IEMs even tough he thinks it bad.
He bought it to harvest the drivers, apparently pretty cost efficient compared to buying the driver individually:dt880smile:

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #86,023 of 104,034
CELEST WYVERN PRO Graph via IEC711 coupler. 8 kHz is a coupler peak.

10mm LCP DD

Celest Wyvern Pro.jpg

Listening impressions later.

I can't say that I'm very impressed with this one, male vocals seem shouty and the technicalities are well behind the competition. I am a huge fan of the tips that it comes with though.

_DSC7474-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #86,024 of 104,034
I can't say that I'm very impressed with this one, male vocals seem shouty and the technicalities are well behind the competition. I am a huge fan of the tips that it comes with though.

_DSC7474-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

Yeah the upper mids are quite zealous. I think this IEM is designed more for gaming though, where the added clarity of the upper mids may help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back