The discovery thread!
Mar 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #7,951 of 103,783
Quote:
I forgot that you went for the 200's.  I actually love the sound of the nanotubes too.  Especially the CKN70's.  Mine are going on 60 plus hours now and I notice the changes already.  The treble was bugging me at the beginning but its tamed some.  It's a full spectrum sound on that little earphone.  Sounds huge to me and among the top iem's so far no doubt.  As for tips, I like the stock tips for some reason.  I usually go with Auveo's with many of my iem's but FXZ's are tricky with fit so the stock works well for me.  Can't wait for you to get your amp and especially those 70's.  

Maybe because of fit issues, I found the 200's to be hit or miss. Sometimes they were excellent, other times not, adjusted some more, changed tips, would be okay, then not okay. Had a heck of a time getting the right tips and fit.

The ckn70's on the other hand, fit well, and gave an excellent sound after it's burn in period.

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #7,952 of 103,783
Quote:
I forgot that you went for the 200's.  I actually love the sound of the nanotubes too.  Especially the CKN70's.  Mine are going on 60 plus hours now and I notice the changes already.  The treble was bugging me at the beginning but its tamed some.  It's a full spectrum sound on that little earphone.  Sounds huge to me and among the top iem's so far no doubt.  As for tips, I like the stock tips for some reason.  I usually go with Auveo's with many of my iem's but FXZ's are tricky with fit so the stock works well for me.  Can't wait for you to get your amp and especially those 70's.  

Sweet, glad to hear these CKN70s are really that amazing and coming from you Danny it means they are really something special. The stock tips for the FXZ200s soundwise is ok, but it is not very comfortable cuz of that bulky housing. When i wear them straight down, my ears get tender after a little while, but it is great that you can wear them easily behind ears. Much more comfy when worn behind the ears and the cable seems to suggest you do so as well, cuz the Y-split thing on the cable is kinda low on these FXZs which makes them look kinda funny when worn straight down. But when worn behind the ears the Y-split thing is at the normal level/ position like all other iems. So yeah................ LoL random stuff about these FXZs i have noticed. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #7,953 of 103,783
Quote:

Maybe because of fit issues, I found the 200's to be hit or miss. Sometimes they were excellent, other times not, adjusted some more, changed tips, would be okay, then not okay. Had a heck of a time getting the right tips and fit.

The ckn70's on the other hand, fit well, and gave an excellent sound after it's burn in period.

Quote:
Sweet, glad to hear these CKN70s are really that amazing and coming from you Danny it means they are really something special. The stock tips for the FXZ200s soundwise is ok, but it is not very comfortable cuz of that bulky housing. When i wear them straight down, my ears get tender after a little while, but it is great that you can wear them easily behind ears. Much more comfy when worn behind the ears and the cable seems to suggest you do so as well, cuz the Y-split thing on the cable is kinda low on these FXZs which makes them look kinda funny when worn straight down. But when worn behind the ears the Y-split thing is at the normal level/ position like all other iems. So yeah................ LoL random stuff about these FXZs i have noticed. 

I haven't listened to the FXZ's in awhile so I'll try tip rolling them and see how it goes.  The medium Auveo's usually works well on everything but the FXZ's acquired the large tips for some reason if I remember correctly.  Maybe I haven't heard those at it's finest because of the fit.  Time to test them out again.   

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #7,954 of 103,783
Quote:

I haven't listened to the FXZ's in awhile so I'll try tip rolling them and see how it goes.  The medium Auveo's usually works well on everything but the FXZ's acquired the large tips for some reason if I remember correctly.  Maybe I haven't heard those at it's finest because of the fit.  Time to test them out again.   

Nice, can't wait for your report. Hey maybe try those new Auveos tips Ds said you recommended for everyone. If they sound great i might have to get a set myself cuz it seems like they are like a mix of the old Auveos and sony hybrids no???

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #7,955 of 103,783
Quote:
Nice, can't wait for your report. Hey maybe try those new Auveos tips Ds said you recommended for everyone. If they sound great i might have to get a set myself cuz it seems like they are like a mix of the old Auveos and sony hybrids no???

I bought some a couple of weeks ago.  They seem the same as the old ones but now come packaged in individual sizes instead of the variety pack.  The insides are colored according to size just like the hybrids and both seem to use a higher quality silicon than most stock tips.  

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #7,956 of 103,783
Quote:
I bought some a couple of weeks ago.  They seem the same as the old ones but now come packaged in individual sizes instead of the variety pack.  The insides are colored according to size just like the hybrids and both seem to use a higher quality silicon than most stock tips.  

hmmmmm, i thought Ds said they were similar to the sony hybrids meaning that the bore on them are narrow no??? Cuz the old radio shack auveos are wide bore.

If those new individual size ones are wide bore as well, yeah then it's probably the same as the old variety pack. Which is great since now everyone can buy them now due to it being discontinued for some time.

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #7,957 of 103,783
Quote:
hmmmmm, i thought Ds said they were similar to the sony hybrids meaning that the bore on them are narrow no??? Cuz the old radio shack auveos are wide bore.

If those new individual size ones are wide bore as well, yeah then it's probably the same as the old variety pack. Which is great since now everyone can buy them now due to it being discontinued for some time.

The new ones are wide bore also.  I think they are exactly the same as the old ones.  Just checked and seems identical.  

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #7,959 of 103,783
Quote:
Coolios one less set of tips to buy then. haha Thanks for checking. Looks like i will eventually need a set of sony hybrids in my tip arsenal.

Alright sf.  I think the Auveo tips are the trick.  The Sony hybrids closes in on the sound.  Wide bore is the way to go on the Z200's.  These need that wide stage and the bass to extend as the hybrids makes the sound more congested.  Hybrids do bring out the midrange more though.  When I switched back and forth, I keep going back to the Auveo's.  Stock tips are history for sure.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #7,960 of 103,783
Quote:
Alright sf.  I think the Auveo tips are the trick.  The Sony hybrids closes in on the sound.  Wide bore is the way to go on the Z200's.  These need that wide stage and the bass to extend as the hybrids makes the sound more congested.  Hybrids do bring out the midrange more though.  When I switched back and forth, I keep going back to the Auveo's.  Stock tips are history for sure.

Pheeeeeew, thank god my ears are telling me that same stuff. Great to get this confirmed. And it fits more in, hence more snug resulting in better sound. It allows for a deeper insertion, even when worn behind the ears just like how the FXDs line sound better when worn this way as well.
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #7,961 of 103,783
I want to get a pair of these but i cant help to completely roll my eyes at this Carbon Nanotube stuff. My family member works in textiles and im going to school for business in it. The thing is, people have not utilized the additive yet, like Audio technica or JVC is going to get it before a much more advanced manufacture like dupont would?

rolleyes.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #7,962 of 103,783
Quote:
I want to get a pair of these but i cant help to completely roll my eyes at this Carbon Nanotube stuff. My family member works in textiles and im going to school for business in it. The thing is, people have not utilized the additive yet, like Audio technica or JVC is going to get it before a much more advanced manufacture like dupont would?

rolleyes.gif

Hey you edited what you originally wrote, BOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Was thinking of trollin' ya'. But anyways you will see that CNT label when you order yourself a pair. So why don't you do just that. And here go inform yourself more on the use of CNT materials in early human history and come back to us then.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/612299/jvcs-micro-hd-line-ha-fxd80-70-60/1335#post_8851818

Have fun!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #7,963 of 103,783
Im not trying to start a crap storm but lets be honest.

It costs tons of money, not many booths at the SAMPE show http://www.sampe.org/ even had much to do with it. Its still very expensive and what you're hearing is most likely not a carbon nanotube reinforced diaphagm. 

HOWEVER, Carbon-Fiber cones for full sized monitors and floor standing Hifi can sound really great, as its a whole new material with incredible structural rigidity. Carbon Nanotubes are additives to resin (epoxy) for really expensive application.

Its more likely the micro-drivers.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #7,964 of 103,783
Quote:
Im not trying to start a crap storm but lets be honest.

It costs tons of money, not many booths at the SAMPE show http://www.sampe.org/ even had much to do with it. Its still very expensive and what you're hearing is most likely not a carbon nanotube reinforced diaphagm. 

HOWEVER, Carbon-Fiber cones for full sized monitors and floor standing Hifi can sound really great, as its a whole new material with incredible structural rigidity. Carbon Nanotubes are additives to resin (epoxy) for really expensive application.

Its more likely the micro-drivers.

Welp tbh, like what i have said before. I don't give a hoot what they claim is in it, gimmick or not, as long as it sounds SPECTACULAR that's all that it matters. I am not buying stuff for the tech but for their sound, but if certain new tech/ new material supposedly gives them a better sound oh well, it is what it is you knowhatimeng.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #7,965 of 103,783
Quote:
Welp tbh, like what i have said before. I don't give a hoot what they claim is in it, gimmick or not, as long as it sounds SPECTACULAR that's all that it matters. I am not buying stuff for the tech but for their sound, but if certain new tech/ new material supposedly gives them a better sound oh well, it is what it is you knowhatimeng.

I'm with you man. My favorite headphones at the moment are the CKN70s and S500s, both of which utilize carbon nanotube technology. I could care less if it's a gimmick or not, because they sound amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back