The discovery thread!
Feb 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #7,171 of 103,279
Quote:
So after spending the weekend with the Incase's, I decided I'll throw a short review out there for you guys.

I'm no audiophile but I know what sounds good and what doesn't. So judge this however you want. Take it with a grain of salt, baking soda, or pop rocks..whatever floats your boat.

I was strolling through a Marshall's on Friday with the girlfriend and these were just sitting there all b y themselves. I was like..what the heck. I hooked them up to the Rezound and the sound was decent to say the least. These had no box so no rpice or anything. Went up to checkout and they gave it to me for $5. Yeah, you read that right.

Anyways, feeding them through the Hifidiyme Sabre DAC, these get loud enough.

Aesthetics: Has a subtle silky feel to it. Very modern yet retro. I plan on extracting these drivers and fitting them in a nice pair of headphones when I get a chance. But they look decent.

Sound: I'm still in awe. The sound is just beautiful. I've never heard the drum sound better in my life. Soundstage makes me want to cry. Everything sounds so well placed and detailed, it's crazy. I don't want to say too much. I just wish my quest for a pair of IEMs end with this same exact sound in a IEM form.  

Price: No comment.

Conclusion: Please order one up for yourself. You have to hear these! 

Are they as nice as your Sextetts?

If so...I think I'll be purchasing one this evening.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #7,173 of 103,279
Quote:
Different phones but I haven't picked up the Sextetts since Friday.

Mind giving them another shot right quick and posting some brief comparisons.

I know that I found myself largely over/underrating headphones when I don't consistently A/B them with other ones.

Not trying to knock your findings by any stretch; I'll probably order one in the coming days (after the iSK IEMs, DBI Pro 700, Beyerdynamic earpads for a special project I'm working on, and Bravo Ocean. Wow...I'm addicted.)

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #7,175 of 103,279
Quote:
The Sextetts are more 3-D and the soundstage is a little different. BUt the PIvot's are more musical IMO.

Consider me hyped!

I'm going to be getting a $5 Amazon card from a search engine I use here in about a week, so I'll probably order them in about a week or so! What an awesome deal!

I would have bought them today, but I saw that there was only one DBI Pro-700 left on eBay, and I just couldn't let that slide.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #7,176 of 103,279
Quote:
Consider me hyped!

I'm going to be getting a $5 Amazon card from a search engine I use here in about a week, so I'll probably order them in about a week or so! What an awesome deal!

I would have bought them today, but I saw that there was only one DBI Pro-700 left on eBay, and I just couldn't let that slide.

Hopefully you like them!

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #7,179 of 103,279
Heya,
im new to this head-fi forum, and im on the hunt for some new headphones,
Im not sure on my budget as of yet, but if i feel its worth it, ill buy it!

Also any suggestion on amps?
I'm just beginning to enter the hi-fi world!

Thank you,

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #7,180 of 103,279
Quote:
Heya,
im new to this head-fi forum, and im on the hunt for some new headphones,
Im not sure on my budget as of yet, but if i feel its worth it, ill buy it!

Also any suggestion on amps?
I'm just beginning to enter the hi-fi world!

Thank you,

headphones or iems??? cuz there is a diff, if headphones on-ear or over ears, for portable or home use???

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #7,181 of 103,279
Heya,

To be totally honest with you, I really have no clue, 
I was recommended this thread through a friend who had told me that you found budget headphones that sound 100x better than they actually cost!
So I thought I'd sign up,
Anyway,
I wouldn't mind some headphones and IEMs, haha
Perhaps over ear, and both home and portable use.
Would love to have the cabability to do both.

Thank you,

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #7,182 of 103,279
Welcome Death3man! And sorry for your wallet!

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #7,183 of 103,279
Heya,

Its quite exciting entering this new musical world!
I do enjoy my music, so this will be a great journey!
Haha, lets hope my wallet won't be spending an awful lot, but enough so that a good investment is made :)

Thank you,

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #7,184 of 103,279
Quote:
Heya,

To be totally honest with you, I really have no clue, 
I was recommended this thread through a friend who had told me that you found budget headphones that sound 100x better than they actually cost!
So I thought I'd sign up,
Anyway,
I wouldn't mind some headphones and IEMs, haha
Perhaps over ear, and both home and portable use.
Would love to have the cabability to do both.

Thank you,

Welp, the JVC S500s are crazy nice for around $60 shipped from Jpn, but they are on-ears closed back headphones, ideal for portable on the go use. Huge thread on them here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread

For iems that punch wayyy over their price point with a lot of refinement, the new ATH CKN lineup seems really promising.  People have already given extremely positive impressions on the ATH CKN-50 on this thread. They go for like ~$70 on ebay shipped from Jpn. But it's older brother the CKN-70 that has just been released seems to be what you and many here want. For ~$100 shipped from Jpn a must get it seems. I have not hear any of these ATHs yet, so.........just re-stating what others have said.

Also if you want some crazy nice ATH headphones, the newly released on-ears ATH ES700 and WS99s over ears are a great read up on as well.

If you want super bang for the buck, the sony MH1Cs that went for $21 is great but the cable is utter crap and now it's sold for a lot more due to supply and demand. A.K.A :The head-fi effect.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

"100X" LMAO have you been speaking/ PMing Ds of late??? Seems about right.
wink_face.gif

edit: breath sf breath!!! If i were you i would go for some ATH stuff, cuz this year they can't do any wrong in all their releases, but it's a bit more $$$ due to it being recently just released. 2013 is the year of ATH so you better recognize. LoL
beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #7,185 of 103,279
Been listening to Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat for hours on repeat on my Somics with 840 pads while shopping for a new Dac. Sonic Bliss. Her vocals are so amazing. Ended up ordering a HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC, Now I need an amp to pair it up with. The C&C BH perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back