Nov 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #4,923 of 100,288
Quote:
I tried that and man it looked ugly as hell... Thanks though
smily_headphones1.gif
will try to convince myself I don't look funny
smily_headphones1.gif

In all honesty: wearing these, one looks ridiculous either way
rolleyes.gif
But as long as they sound good, I personally don't mind. If I wanted street cred for the stuff I'm wearing, I'd bought Beats
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #4,924 of 100,288
Quote:
Hold on let me check my most sensitive iem. Being my CKS77. Absolutely ZERO hiss.

Listening to my MH1. Lol. A $20 iem and $18 DAC. This sound stupendous.

So I'm assuming this annoying noise, is common amoungst all pc users?
Otherwise I may replace my sound card, or get someone else to replace my sound card.
Haha

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #4,925 of 100,288
Quote:
In all honesty: wearing these, one looks ridiculous either way
rolleyes.gif
But as long as they sound good, I personally don't mind. If I wanted street cred for the stuff I'm wearing, I'd bought Beats
wink.gif

well, yeah, you are right... but still, choosing between ugly and very ugly especially when the comfort is about the same :D microphonics are non-existent over ear I'd imagine, but other than that...

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #4,926 of 100,288
Quote:
Dsnuts, I'm a total noob when it comes to dacs, so this question may sound silly at best, but still - can it handle anything other than 16bit 44.1 khz stuff?

Quote:
Hmmm. I think I'll try it out. :-D

I have it on 16 bit. It does not go to 24 bit but to be honest it won't make a lick of difference..The max is 16bit 48000 Hz Dvd quality.

Selenium be the first to try it..All you guys that are using your onboard sound. If you can only hear what I am hearing through this little dac.Lol.. Never in my dreams did I think this little unit was gonna sound this good.. Look forward to everyone's take that trys one out. You will be glad you got one.

I just realized just how superior this sound is compared to my external creative card. Lol. No comparison. It is what I use for burning in iems and such. I know the sound from that unit like the back of my hands. This little $18 DAC beats the tard out of that unit for certain.

I am so astonished I haven't even opened up my new box containing my new MDR-1R. Lol. That can wait I am basking in the sound of this little crazy ELE sound card.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #4,927 of 100,288
Oh wow. The MH1 Sounds off the hook fantastic using this dac. This is shock n awe to the nth degree.  $18 for this??  Yup I would like the money back from my AUNE T1 so I can throw that money on a new FXZ100 please.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #4,931 of 100,288
Quote:
Already have two DACs but oh well...Purchased! How's the soundstage?

Much better than the onboard. The sense of space is amazing. Trust me there is a reason why I am packing up a $200 DAC/AMP and getting my money back for it. This sounds nothing like a cheap $18 dac. You will be surprised like everyone that gets one. I will just say try one and find out. I am not gonna rave about a lamo product as you all should know.
Quote:
So how does it work, does it install drivers? How's the output audio jack ?

It initially installs a generic sound driver it will show up on your control panel under sound option as speaker. but once your computer recognize it you are golden. And It is a good idea to go into your sound option for the 48000 hz option.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #4,932 of 100,288
Quote:
well, yeah, you are right... but still, choosing between ugly and very ugly especially when the comfort is about the same :D microphonics are non-existent over ear I'd imagine, but other than that...

There is that. Also I find it hard wearing my woolcap (it's cold outside) over the XBs when I wear them the normal way. They stand out too much that way and looking bad isn't a problem when they are hidden
wink.gif

@Dsnuts: Never considered a DAC before but at that price it's hard to not be interested. Might be useful for the laptop at work and a good addition to the S500.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #4,934 of 100,288
Exactly..You guys that end up trying one will wonder how you got such a great sound coming from your computer. You guys are members of Head fi. You gotta represent. You can't be using your lamo onboard sound..

I know the Hifimidey sabre dac for $45 will be a good one too but you know what. I don't care what that unit will sound like. This Ele is the real deal for $18. I wouldnt have believed it if I didn't have music pumping through it now using my headphones and iems..You guys will love how this sounds.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #4,935 of 100,288
Exactly..You guys that end up trying one will wonder how you got such a great sound coming from your computer. You guys are members of Head fi. You gotta represent. You can't be using your lamo onboard sound..

I know the Hifimidey sabre dac for $45 will be a good one too but you know what. I don't care what that unit will sound like. This Ele is the real deal for $18. I wouldnt have believed it if I didn't have music pumping through it now using my headphones and iems..You guys will love how this sounds.

One odd question: do you think this will sound particular better than the Wolfsons DAC found on the galaxy S?
I don't know what kind of portable player you use.
Plus I would like to ask you, what onboard codec do you have on your computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back