The discovery thread!
Oct 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #4,141 of 104,693
Quote:
yes and I will bug you once more. Must try these pads on your HA-S500. My rating was a stuggle between my HA-S500 and the FXD80 but I wll tell you right now the dynamics and sound using these pads. Unfortunately the M-50 be too big for the HA-s500.  It transformes the HA-S500 from good to out of this planet great using these pads. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-Pads-For-Audio-Technica-ATH-SJ5-DJ-Style-Headphones-Black-/261119206335? Look forward to what people have to say about the Ericksons. I am only returning the favor ericp. You got me on the HA-S500. Even though you haven't heard how they truly sound.. People don't belive in just how much your headphone can change for the better with proper pads but trust me on this one. Worth every cent. Not to mention more comfy.. Try them you will thank me later.

I think Danny got these pads too. Wouldn't you agree Danny? On the HA-S500 with these pads?

ericp, are you not on the ath pads crew?
I believe my tastes in sq are pretty close to you and Ds.  Let me tell you when I switched to these pads, I haven't gone back.  These headphones sound righteous with these pads on.  Get on board my man!!  
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #4,142 of 104,693
Quote:
yes and I will bug you once more. Must try these pads on your HA-S500. My rating was a stuggle between my HA-S500 and the FXD80 but I wll tell you right now the dynamics and sound using these pads. Unfortunately the M-50 be too big for the HA-s500.  It transformes the HA-S500 from good to out of this planet great using these pads. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-Pads-For-Audio-Technica-ATH-SJ5-DJ-Style-Headphones-Black-/261119206335? Look forward to what people have to say about the Eriscksons. I am only returning the favor ericp. You got me on the HA-S500. Even though you haven't heard how they truly sound.. People don't belive in just how much your headphone can change for the better with proper pads but trust me on this one. Worth every cent. Not to mention more comfy.. Try them you will thank me later.

I think Danny got these pads too. Wouldn't you agree Danny? On the HA-S500 with these pads?

1) you're killing me.
2) I hope your real profession is in sales.
3) you speak the truth about the ATH pleathers. Transformed the S500's for me from "I like them but some issues" to "man, I love these things!"
4) I don't need more iem's. Why am I now thinking of getting more iem's? I haven't even received all of my iem's yet and somehow you are making me think of getting more iem's. What?
5) I am glad that I don't do drugs and that you are not my drug dealer.
6) Are these the same as the MH1C's of which you speak? (they don't say Sony "Ericsson"):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-MH1c-Headset-SmartKey-Control-Xperia-Bulk-Packing-Black-/170876113045?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c9029095
Thanks!

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #4,143 of 104,693
Quote:
ericp, are you not on the ath pads crew?
<snip>
 Get on board my man!!  
beerchug.gif

I know! Other than that, he really seems like he's got it together well lol! 

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #4,144 of 104,693
Quote:

1) you're killing me.
2) I hope your real profession is in sales.
3) you speak the truth about the ATH pleathers. Transformed the S500's for me from "I like them but some issues" to "man, I love these things!"
4) I don't need more iem's. Why am I now thinking of getting more iem's? I haven't even received all of my iem's yet and somehow you are making me think of getting more iem's. What?
5) I am glad that I don't do drugs and that you are not my drug dealer.
6) Are these the same as the MH1C's of which you speak? (they don't say Sony "Ericsson"):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-MH1c-Headset-SmartKey-Control-Xperia-Bulk-Packing-Black-/170876113045?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c9029095
Thanks!

Yes and that is a fantastic price for a great discovery no? lol..I know everyone just got their R1s. These ericsons are too good not to snap up at that price...Everyone read ClieOS take on this sound..Look at his rating..That is not far fetched from what I am hearing..http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret#post_8800823  sonic diamonds anyone?

See now ClieOS got it going on with the marquee high end recommend."Sonic diamond" I need to make something like that.

How about. Sonic nuts score of.. from bad.. Stinky nuts to a score of One nut.. Two nut. Bronz nuts. Silver nuts. golden nuts..Being the highest recommend. GOLDEN NUTS. Thats it.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #4,145 of 104,693
Quote:
Yes and that is a fantastic price for a great discovery no? lol..I know everyone just got their R1s. These ericsons are too good not to snap up at that price...Everyone read ClieOS take on this sound..Look at his rating..That is not far fetched from what I am hearing..http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret#post_8800823  sonic diamonds anyone?

I seriously cannot believe that I just bought them. I'm going to have to buy 3 burning stations if this keeps up lol!

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #4,148 of 104,693
Quote:
at least the man (Ds) keeps them cheap, otherwise we'd all have to ban him for making us all broke.  

Amen to that!

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #4,149 of 104,693
Quote:

See now ClieOS got it going on with the marquee high end recommend."Sonic diamond" I need to make something like that.

How about. Sonic nuts score of.. from bad.. Stinky nuts to a score of One nut.. Two nut. Bronz nuts. Silver nuts. golden nuts..Being the highest recommend. GOLDEN NUTS. Thats it.

So if you could pick one out of R1, FX31 and MH1C which one would you recommend the most? I'm deciding between these 3 and seeing you have all of them, how would you compare them?

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #4,151 of 104,693
Dsnuts said:

LOL! Missed this the first go around. Stinky nuts.. Golden nuts... how about "you're just plain nuts" lol!

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #4,152 of 104,693
Hi guys!

I've used this forum for finding my next IEM for years and now I finally decided to join because I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

My current IEMs are Xears TD4. I actually started with the original TDIII (which I found through this forum) but they had to be replaced with the v2s because of cabel issues. Then these had to replaced again because of driver issues and now my current iteration is starting to act up again. That's why I'm currently looking into something new with a bit better build quality.

I listen to a lot of different music from rock to punk to electro to classic hip-hop and I prefere my music with a good bass thump in my ear canal :wink:. From what I read the Sony XB90EX sound like the right choice for me but I'm a bit unsure about a couple of points:

1. Isolation - I think someone already commented on this one in the line of "good but not great"? I commute a lot and I prefer to enjoy my music in peace, so I would like to know how much from the outside you really hear while the music is playing.
2. Over-the-ear - From the size and build these don't look like they could be worn that way. Anybody tried that? If so, how well does it work?
3. Build Quality - Like I said, I commute a lot and my IEMs get some heavy usage. Does anyone who have the sonys think they are tough enough for the job?
4. Prize - I live in germany and so I would have to import nearly any good IEM I read about which drives up the price. Currently though a friend of mine is in japan and he will be returning shortly, so I can get anything from there without paying for shipping. The sony would cost me around 75€(~95$) that way. Consindering I normaly don't pay more than 35€ for IEMs I'm a bit unsure if they are worth that prize.
5. Sound - Anybody by chance ever had a Xears IEM and could compare the sound signature to the sony?

Thanks to all you guys who invest time and money to help people like me choose between all that options on the market! :)

P.S: I know this is probably a case of apples and oranges but has anyone compared the XB90EX to the Yamaha EPH-100? I know these would cost a lot more but they look so damn sweet and are praised everywhere :)

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #4,154 of 104,693
Hi again...have to amend my original comments on the S500...probably got about 24 hrs burn in, tightening up, bass still slightly soft but tightening up. I never doubted that burn in made sense, but this difference (and I still have a long way to go) is surprising. I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! GOOD LORD, I BELIEVE! (ok, ordered the AT pads, back to burn in...the wife may have me committed)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #4,155 of 104,693
Quote:
Hi guys!

I've used this forum for finding my next IEM for years and now I finally decided to join because I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

My current IEMs are Xears TD4. I actually started with the original TDIII (which I found through this forum) but they had to be replaced with the v2s because of cabel issues. Then these had to replaced again because of driver issues and now my current iteration is starting to act up again. That's why I'm currently looking into something new with a bit better build quality.

I listen to a lot of different music from rock to punk to electro to classic hip-hop and I prefere my music with a good bass thump in my ear canal :wink:. From what I read the Sony XB90EX sound like the right choice for me but I'm a bit unsure about a couple of points:

1. Isolation - I think someone already commented on this one in the line of "good but not great"? I commute a lot and I prefer to enjoy my music in peace, so I would like to know how much from the outside you really hear while the music is playing.
2. Over-the-ear - From the size and build these don't look like they could be worn that way. Anybody tried that? If so, how well does it work?
3. Build Quality - Like I said, I commute a lot and my IEMs get some heavy usage. Does anyone who have the sonys think they are tough enough for the job?
4. Prize - I live in germany and so I would have to import nearly any good IEM I read about which drives up the price. Currently though a friend of mine is in japan and he will be returning shortly, so I can get anything from there without paying for shipping. The sony would cost me around 75€(~95$) that way. Consindering I normaly don't pay more than 35€ for IEMs I'm a bit unsure if they are worth that prize.
5. Sound - Anybody by chance ever had a Xears IEM and could compare the sound signature to the sony?

Thanks to all you guys who invest time and money to help people like me choose between all that options on the market! :)

P.S: I know this is probably a case of apples and oranges but has anyone compared the XB90EX to the Yamaha EPH-100? I know these would cost a lot more but they look so damn sweet and are praised everywhere :)

1. Isolation is just that - good. nothing special and there are others that isolate better, but let me say this - I commute a lot too, and  never had any problems with isolation. 
2. they can be won overear but I'd rather not :D too uncomfortable and weird looking :)
3. build looks really great. I doubt anything could happen with it anytime soon...
4. I actually think that for that kind of money, especially for Germany, these are really good. I think you'd have to pay double to gt the same level of quality...
5. never had a xears so I can not comment on that. but these are really great, with big, clean sub-bass and awesome mids, with relaxed highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back