The discovery thread!
Oct 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #4,082 of 100,706
Burn in is absolutely necessary with Xb90EX. I too listen to almost every genre there is, including rock, hip-hop, classical, opera, new age, jazz, and even susumu hirasawa  LOL

and find that Xb90EX handles everything with ease, after some tip change and Burn in of course. Timbre of accoustic instruments and vocals is just great, staging, instrument separation and imagery is also outstanding. it is not the brightest iems there, but It is plentiful. I guess it just depends on taste...

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #4,083 of 100,706
sooooo...
Ds was right.
The XB90s have been playing loudly overnight.
I'm quite impressed.
The mids are sexy.
And the best word I can use to describe the sound at this point is "soft".
And this is with stock tips.
If I had wider ones I'm sure I'd be more impressed.
Where's the link to get those wides ones that fit again?

I'm not brave enough to retest them with the piano guys yet because now I TRULY feel there's more to this than it's currently giving me.
At week's end, we shall see.

On a side note. Those R1s.
The packaging and accessories are simply MINDBLOWING.
I'll burn them in along with the xb90s, but out of box the mids sound recessed and the bass bloated. Present only when it's in the track, but bloated. without getting into the mids.
And when I say the mids are recessed I mean they're just at a slightly lower volume than the bass.
As in. It's not where the attention is but it is there.
Kinda like if you are looking at a specific item somewhere, the other things you can see without focus would be the mids.

But that's out of box and without burn in.
Let's see how it changes.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #4,086 of 100,706
Quote:
sooooo...
Ds was right.
The XB90s have been playing loudly overnight.
I'm quite impressed.
The mids are sexy.
And the best word I can use to describe the sound at this point is "soft".
And this is with stock tips.
If I had wider ones I'm sure I'd be more impressed.
Where's the link to get those wides ones that fit again?

I'm not brave enough to retest them with the piano guys yet because now I TRULY feel there's more to this than it's currently giving me.

Please report back after ultra burn-in + wider tips!!  I will be awaiting your review. =)

Oh, and Dsnuts, can you compare your fire pheonix with your tube bravo amp when it comes in? Thanks.

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #4,087 of 100,706
Ya the plan is to use the RCA out from my Fire Phoenix to my bravo amp.  The Fire Phoenix is an awesome sounding DAC but the sound can be a bit clinical. Almost too precise. The reason why I wanted to get a tube amp was to soften the sound a bit and give the sound even more dynamics. We will see. It can be bad synergy or a good one. But something like this you just don't know until you give it the try. Will report for certain. Speaking of. Look what I just got.
For $35 what I spent on these. These are actually pretty good..More musical sounding than anything but for what it is considering you get a grip of tips a nice case. 1/4in adapter. They had a pair of complys in here too. The stock double flange tips for some reason doesn't fit me too well so the compys went on there..The sound is a full one. Not bad. Will burn them in for the day and report back later. I am wondering how QC is on these as I am not hearing too much recessed mids. Weird.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #4,089 of 100,706
I heard no recessed mids either. Go figure?

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #4,090 of 100,706
Quote:
I heard no recessed mids either. Go figure?

This is the reason why I am wondering if there is a QC variance in the sound. Even just a slight change in how the drivers are mounted can change the outcome completely. People are  hearing either a dip in the mids or not..I remember reading a bunch of reviews on other Brainwavz earphones. The betas in particular where some guys swear by them and some just say they suck. Something similar to the reaction to these R1s.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4,092 of 100,706
^ L................................O.....................................L

bravo bravo mochill, finally got yourself a camera LMAO, BUT the hell is that bunch of wires??? I don't see no IEMs in durrrr.
normal_smile .gif

C'mon dude that is how you roll with all your sound gear? Give it some lovin' care meng, can't see how you can pry those loose tbhh. LoL

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #4,093 of 100,706
Quote:
This is the reason why I am wondering if there is a QC variance in the sound. Even just a slight change in how the drivers are mounted can change the outcome completely. People are  hearing either a dip in the mids or not..I remember reading a bunch of reviews on other Brainwavz earphones. The betas in particular where some guys swear by them and some just say they suck. Something similar to the reaction to these R1s.

Exactly. Because some people swear by the M4, but I'm not happy with them at all, but these R1 are pretty cool sounding to me.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #4,094 of 100,706
Quote:
Exactly. Because some people swear by the M4, but I'm not happy with them at all, but these R1 are pretty cool sounding to me.

R1's are much better sounding than the M4.  I think the M4 was the only Brainwavz I disliked so much.  Were people reporting recessed mids on the R1?  I have not noticed that on mine as well, even with mediocre fit.  

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4,095 of 100,706
Quote:
R1's are much better sounding than the M4.  I think the M4 was the only Brainwavz I disliked so much.  Were people reporting recessed mids on the R1?  I have not noticed that on mine as well, even with mediocre fit.  

Yes they were DannyBai, but i don't hear any in mind, but I do hear super bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back