The discovery thread!
Oct 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #3,751 of 102,410
What? These things.?
Sub bass is strong with this one Luke! Older carbon drivers actually has bigger bass over the newer Carbon nanotube driver based headphones and earphones..You can tell they belong in the same family of drivers as these need a big burn in but. Those that are willing to do the burn will be rewarded with one of the best bass earphones around for the cost. Surprising stage both in depth and width to the sound on these too. Deep bass ports that throw down the low lo rumble..They purr with a good bass line.

Guys that were fans of the FX1X and FX101. Both want a more refined and higher end bass earphone from what you got. That is what you get with these. Not to mention. That color is just nice. Makes me want to sell my standard version to get this one.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3,752 of 102,410
Quote:
What? These things.?
Sub bass is strong with this one Luke! Older carbon drivers actually has bigger bass over the newer Carbon nanotube driver based headphones and earphones..You can tell they belong in the same family of drivers as these need a big burn in but. Those that are willing to do the burn will be rewarded with one of the best bass earphones around for the cost. Surprising stage both in depth and width to the sound on these too. Deep bass ports that throw down the low lo rumble..They purr with a good bass line.

Guys that were fans of the FX1X and FX101. Both want a more refined and higher end bass earphone from what you got. That is what you get with these. Not to mention. That color is just nice. Makes me want to sell my standard version to get this one.

This is just new colouring right? They aren't redone apart from that right?

Oh and these are the side grade to the CKS77 aye?
Im not to sure if I should bite! But at $33.50 who can't,
Its either this or $100 XB90EXs! 
Although they are the Bass Kings!

The new metal fx3xs are now only 50 dollars.
And the fx3x are 33.50 on ebay.

Tempted.

Help! Even I am! 

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #3,753 of 102,410
Quote:
fx3x are 33.50 on ebay.

Link please, I only saw them as $50 plus on ebay.

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #3,754 of 102,410
Earpod appreciation thread is where i heard about the bio - cellulose driver in the and i went omg :0 ....the gr07 aslo has that special bass texture to them aslo....oh what happened to the fx31 impression......im aslo gonna get the newer fx3x :p...patiently waiting for my fx31, gr99 , and km-928 ;p

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #3,757 of 102,410
Is the midbass on the fx3x strong?

I have about 60ish bucks to spend on new earphones... Looking for strong bass but also want good build.

Currently I am looking at the fx31, fx3x, she5105, factory reject cks77 or perhaps something else entirely (new discovery perhaps?)

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #3,759 of 102,410
Just got the XB90EX's today from Accessoryjack; shipping took about a week. So far WOW that sub-bass hits so hard without being boomy. The highs are a bit recessed at this point though. I'm gonna give them a good burn in. 

What tips are XB90 owners using, stock, foamies, or other buds? I put my favorite Shure earbuds on them but they fall off easily. The stock buds are sufficient for now though. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #3,760 of 102,410
Quote:
Just got the XB90EX's today from Accessoryjack; shipping took about a week. So far WOW that sub-bass hits so hard without being boomy. The highs are a bit recessed at this point though. I'm gonna give them a good burn in. 

What tips are XB90 owners using, stock, foamies, or other buds? I put my favorite Shure earbuds on them but they fall off easily. The stock buds are sufficient for now though. 

Use wide bored tips. narrow bore tips don't really help with recessed highs and mids... something like meelec tips that come with the m21 should suffice.

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/383.htm

any of these will be really good :)

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #3,761 of 102,410
Quote:
Is the midbass on the fx3x strong?
I have about 60ish bucks to spend on new earphones... Looking for strong bass but also want good build.
Currently I am looking at the fx31, fx3x, she5105, factory reject cks77 or perhaps something else entirely (new discovery perhaps?)

Out of those you've listed I would reckon you should go for the FX3X, 
I think I remember Dsnuts saying that they were side-grades to the CKS77, but if you considering factory rejects then definitely go for the FX3X, although I'm not to sure about the new coloured ones, they may have sound tweaks, but I'm not to sure. Does someone wanna make a comparo between the old and new FX3X, Im sure its nothing but different colours :)

Anyways I'm not to sure about the midbass, as I myself haven't heard the two, I'm presuming that the FX3X will have the most midbass out of those listed, but I again state that I have not heard any of them,
Well i tried my best,
Sorry if I was no help :)

Quote:
Earpod appreciation thread is where i heard about the bio - cellulose driver in the and i went omg :0 ....the gr07 aslo has that special bass texture to them aslo....oh what happened to the fx31 impression......im aslo gonna get the newer fx3x
tongue.gif
...patiently waiting for my fx31, gr99 , and km-928 ;p

Bro at first I thought members were asking to much of you,
BUT SERIOUSLY!!!
BUY A CAMERA!!!
Haha,

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #3,764 of 102,410
I kinda knew it already, but damn - correct tips do make a difference with sony xb90ex... I now have the most wide-bore (albeit a bit uncomfortable) silicone tip on and the sound is ******* amazing!!! I had a sony ericsson stock tips that were quite a bit wider than the stock hybrids, but not as wide as the one's I'm using now and ven that difference makes for some improvement. it sounds more "open" for the lack of a better term :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back