The discovery thread!
Sep 23, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #30,571 of 103,517

since you have your mind made up already may I suggest to do a complete blind test (dark room or blindfold -  so you don't know which one are you listening to) and try to pick the best sounding one. Maybe  big surprises are in the making....  Otherwise we can predict your winner already. I hope you can find an "original" for testing and we can hear about your experience.

Wait for lalala6's comparison! 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #30,572 of 103,517
I just brought out the E80's again to do an a/b with my Ltd's. Iirc I did the same in my e80 review and concluded that the E80's could very well have been the smaller brother to the top CKR offerings. I still feel the same, they share some similarities but the Ltd's are definitely on a different level. Although bass reaches almost as low on the E80's the Ltd's has more impact and also more mid-bass giving them a much better layering in the bass. The E80's are more calm while the Ltd's are more in your face. Clarity, details and treble extension are noticeable better on the Ltd's.

To me the Ltd's are clearly a step up from the E80's although they're also one of my favorites.

Edit: was listening through the SHOZY Lancea
wink.gif

I just went through a similar exercise, but comparing E80 to HFM RE600 I'm reviewing right now.  RE600 used to be $400 2 years ago, they finally dropped it to $199 - amazing neutral-balanced transparent tonality with high level of detail retrieval.  But next to these RE600 ($200), E80 ($60) sounds quite similar.  Not exactly on the same level, but just a few steps behind in detail retrieval and staging, and slightly more mid-forward.  Definitely not night'n'day difference.  Another example that reinforces "giant killer" status of E80.  I absolutely love RE600, not as dull and warm-neutral like RE400, but if you are on a budget - E80 is a great alternative!

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #30,573 of 103,517
Nope, I meant the new ZS1.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32477736456.html
Haha cool ive been doing more digging and decided not to go for the B3 anymore. Twin said that the Bette Hybrids punch way above the B3.

However I think for the moment I'll just pick up some ROCK Zircons that everyone is raving about. Apparently they are awesome for trance.

I have the Bette 8mm. I did a mini Hybrid comparison over in KZ thread on page 2034 of this thread with Bette 8mm, Sidy DGS100 and UrbanFun.  The 8mm were not my 1st pick that day.
I think that I should have ordered the 10mm instead.

r2

Edit, due to late night error 

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #30,574 of 103,517
Well, for those about to sport, MEE salute you......the new M7P has pivoting nozzle,RC,remote,universal vol control.Looking forward how it fares like its successors M9,M6 and A161.

http://www.meelec.com/M7P_Sports_In_Ear_Headphones_p/ep-m7p-rd-mee.htm

EP-M7P-RD-MEE-3T.jpg

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #30,575 of 103,517
since you have your mind made up already may I suggest to do a complete blind test (dark room or blindfold -  so you don't know which one are you listening to) and try to pick the best sounding one. Maybe  big surprises are in the making....  Otherwise we can predict your winner already. I hope you can find an "original" for testing and we can hear about your experience.
Sorry buddy, not trying to jump to assumptions but after reading reviews on the ckr9ltd I am not hearing what is being described.

The eBay ckr9ltd sound really good but not like direct upgrades to the GR07BE as some have said. Maybe it's just my opinion but I am really looking forward to lalala6 comparisons. I hope I'm wrong and this is the best deal of the year, but taking a close look at the packaging, and listening to the product, I can't really see these being genuine or matching a TOTL Audio Technica product.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #30,576 of 103,517
Sorry buddy, not trying to jump to assumptions but after reading reviews on the ckr9ltd I am not hearing what is being described.

The eBay ckr9ltd sound really good but not like direct upgrades to the GR07BE as some have said. Maybe it's just my opinion but I am really looking forward to lalala6 comparisons. I hope I'm wrong and this is the best deal of the year, but taking a close look at the packaging, and listening to the product, I can't really see these being genuine or matching a TOTL Audio Technica product.
either way i M happy with purchase ($119 ebay). I feel the pair i have are rejected from factory or made in same factory. Packaging is same as other AT products ive owned. And sound is way above gr07 or most anything ive owned. They just sound totl, the resolution and detail along with the quality of sub and mid bass is something that would be so hard to duplicate. It seams to me if they have the ability to pdoduce such great sound, why not just sell them as there own brand?

But, let me reiterate, im happy either way

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #30,577 of 103,517

The eBay ckr9ltd sound really good but not like direct upgrades to the GR07BE as some have said. Maybe it's just my opinion but I am really looking forward to @lalala6 comparisons. I hope I'm wrong and this is the best deal of the year, but taking a close look at the packaging, and listening to the product, I can't really see these being genuine or matching a TOTL Audio Technica product.

Point taken and we'll see how they compare.
The two issues I was stretching:
- it's human (consumer) nature that we are having hard time to believe that something cheaper could be as good as an expensive (or original) one.
- a blind test would always be more objective ( in any kind of comparison )

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #30,578 of 103,517

- a blind test would always be more objective ( in any kind of comparison )

+1.  Was thinking the same thing.  Blind test is the only way to go for something like this.

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #30,579 of 103,517
  I like the full disclosure and honesty in your review.
Sometimes titanium can play games at first. I've sure heard it before

I see there is also a new Aluminum housing one the NE750M I would imagine similar specs/design inside. A brief look shows they are both using the same driver.
LOL yep Costco again. On this one though Amazon.ca is cheaper. Maybe Costco will pricematch.

Ihis is nice to see I started of here with the NE-7M :p
Still have those.

NE-750M
Driver Type: Dynamic with Brilliance ™ UWB driver technology
Driver Size: 8.6mm
Impedance: 16 Ohm
Frequency Response: 20 to 20kHz
Max. Input Power: 10mW
Sensitivity: 113dB+/-3dB
Connector: 3.5mm 4-pin stereo plug
Weight (without packing): 14 grams
Cord Length: 1.37m
Colors: Black

NE-800M
Driver Type: Dynamic with Brilliance ™ UWB driver technology
Driver Size: 8.6mm
Impedance: 16 Ohm
Frequency Response: 10 to 40kHz
Max. Input Power: 10mW
Sensitivity: 113dB+/-3dB
Connector: 3.5mm 4-pin stereo plug
Weight (without packing): 18 grams
Cord Length: 1.37m
Colors: Black Carbon Fiber

housing is heavier and FR goes deeper according to rating, of course

I think NuForce is sending me the NE750 so I will compare the two,. One interesting tid bit on the NE750 is, I was told they have a more balanced sound vs the NE800
We will see. Will report on here and the NE800 thread.

Interesting story there D's but in the end how do they stack up
ksc75smile.gif
? Worth the $150 they are asking?? Are they gonna send you a 750 to compare?? Weird they seem to have essentially the same driver but the F.R. difference they rate is even greater the the whole 750 F.R. range.

My CKR9LTD changed more in 20 hours than my FXT200 has. FXT is way older with many more hours and they have a titanium driver.

To answer kinda late. Now that I have had them for a while. I would say yes they are worthy of the money. Considering the very stiff competition with phones at this price range however.

I hope the CKR9LTDs rejects guys are getting are the real deal. If so those will just out right beat the NE800ms. That would be in my guesstimation be the deal of the year if they are just rejects for superficial reasons.

While I like the NE800s I know Nuforce can do better.  I suppose you have be a fan of warmer sound signatures to like them. It is the lack of upper treble emphasis that bothers me most about these. Otherwise the mids are fantastic. Bass is a bit big on these however.

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #30,580 of 103,517
  The timbre is pretty good, especially in cymbals. Rock and Alternative sound pretty dang good on these!!! And it handles all the EDM and Dubstep I listen to great as well. I don't think it beats the Zero Audio Duoza/Tenore timbre though fwiw.

Thanks for this!  I've found that, being a musician, timbre is VERY important to me, which is why Tenore is my favorite.  I'd like to upgrade, but the timbre has to be the same or better than Tenore.  I'll cross CKR9LTD off the list :D

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #30,581 of 103,517
Thanks for this!  I've found that, being a musician, timbre is VERY important to me, which is why Tenore is my favorite.  I'd like to upgrade, but the timbre has to be the same or better than Tenore.  I'll cross CKR9LTD off the list :D

Sorry but there is nothing special about Tenore and wasn't impressed with its timbre. If Ckr9ltd from aliexpress are genuine ones I can easily say that they will wipe the floor with Tenore because Ckr9 which I have is so special when it comes to timbre and bass quality. I guess I will get mine in one week and I will tell you whether it is the real deal or not.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #30,582 of 103,517
Have to say, I'm in the minority on the Zero Tenore, agree with @Ozkan. Never found the tonality/timbre of them to be good, sound bleached out to me, removes tone color (incredible soundstage, though, also not real, though, exaggerated). Falls into the "different strokes for different folks" category, I suppose...

Sorry but there is nothing special about Tenore and wasn't impressed with its timbre. If Ckr9ltd from aliexpress are genuine ones I can easily say that they will wipe the floor with Tenore because Ckr9 which I have is so special when it comes to timbre and bass quality. I guess I will get mine in one week and I will tell you whether it is the real deal or not.

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #30,584 of 103,517
Maybe you guys didn't get a reference Tenore that several have claimed. :grin::joy:

Well, I got two of the reference TTS versions! 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back