The discovery thread!
Sep 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #30,556 of 103,717
I just brought out the E80's again to do an a/b with my Ltd's. Iirc I did the same in my e80 review and concluded that the E80's could very well have been the smaller brother to the top CKR offerings. I still feel the same, they share some similarities but the Ltd's are definitely on a different level. Although bass reaches almost as low on the E80's the Ltd's has more impact and also more mid-bass giving them a much better layering in the bass. The E80's are more calm while the Ltd's are more in your face. Clarity, details and treble extension are noticeable better on the Ltd's.

To me the Ltd's are clearly a step up from the E80's although they're also one of my favorites.

Edit: was listening through the SHOZY Lancea
wink.gif

I agree. My ebay LTD's and my FXT200 are on a different level to the Titan 1's and E80's. Though the E80 are a favorite and news of a high end SM earphone coming is nice. Hopefully by the end of the year but that is a maybe and not definite.

LTD's are more in your face than the E80 but the FXT is more in your face than the LTD. FXT is odd in that it may be the biggest though the most in your face. E80 is so well tuned and the clarity/transparency gives perception of detail or makes it's detail easy to hear but they actually fall short of the big boys for detail. Not that there is anything wrong since it is a relatively cheap earphone and it plays above it's price, esp. the $52 Micca price.

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #30,557 of 103,717
Just to clarify about my view of the Ltd's and the E80's:

Vince is experienced enough to know what's good and what's not. My point is that maybe there's different versions floating around after all (or qc issues leading to variations).

Give them some more listening time and if you still feel the same something wonky is going on.....

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #30,558 of 103,717
  lol same here, I wasn't active on HeadFi either when I had my KC06A with me. I enjoyed them almost every day for months. But they broke and here we go again...sigh 
rolleyes.gif

I ordered an pair of the cheap CKR9LTD just to test things out for now. I am definitely gonna rebuy the KC06A at some point though. Loved and still love those. 

where you bought those CK?  link?  Thanks!

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #30,559 of 103,717
I agree. My ebay LTD's and my FXT200 are on a different level to the Titan 1's and E80's. Though the E80 are a favorite and news of a high end SM earphone coming is nice. Hopefully by the end of the year but that is a maybe and not definite.

LTD's are more in your face than the E80 but the FXT is more in your face than the LTD. FXT is odd in that it may be the biggest though the most in your face. E80 is so well tuned and the clarity/transparency gives perception of detail or makes it's detail easy to hear but they actually fall short of the big boys for detail. Not that there is anything wrong since it is a relatively cheap earphone and it plays above it's price, esp. the $52 Micca price.

Uhm where did you get E80s from that cheap?

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #30,560 of 103,717
Here...http://www.miccastore.com/soundmagic-e80-noise-isolating-inear-headphones-p-138.html...but they are $8 more now.

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #30,561 of 103,717
Sep 23, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #30,562 of 103,717
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #30,563 of 103,717
For trance?

Of course man, was that a rhetorical question haha

My AliX basket is massive atm.

Got Havi B3, Bette 8mm hybrid, KZ ZS1, Zircon Rock, and a few more. Needs to be downsized asap lol

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #30,565 of 103,717
Of course man, was that a rhetorical question haha

Yes, it pretty much was lol. I only asked because the B3's don't have a lot of bass, so I was wondering if you were getting into classical or something :)

My AliX basket is massive atm.

Got Havi B3, Bette 8mm hybrid, KZ ZS1, Zircon Rock, and a few more. Needs to be downsized asap lol

Out of that list, I've only heard the B3's, so I can't help much. The B3's are nice no doubt, and if I get the proper fit/seal, I get enough bass that they sound good for trance, but not great imo. I have a hard time getting a consistent seal with them though, and they really like to be amped. So for me personally, I grab the Titan1's for trance - awesome bass, detailed highs, nice soundstage, easy to get a good fit, easy to drive.

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #30,566 of 103,717

KZ ZN1 not KZ ZS1, correct? Please post a link if I am mistaken.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Nope, I meant the new ZS1.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32477736456.html

Yes, it pretty much was lol. I only asked because the B3's don't have a lot of bass, so I was wondering if you were getting into classical or something :)

Out of that list, I've only heard the B3's, so I can't help much. The B3's are nice no doubt, and if I get the proper fit/seal, I get enough bass that they sound good for trance, but not great imo. I have a hard time getting a consistent seal with them though, and they really like to be amped. So for me personally, I grab the Titan1's for trance - awesome bass, detailed highs, nice soundstage, easy to get a good fit, easy to drive.

Haha cool ive been doing more digging and decided not to go for the B3 anymore. Twin said that the Bette Hybrids punch way above the B3.

However I think for the moment I'll just pick up some ROCK Zircons that everyone is raving about. Apparently they are awesome for trance.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #30,567 of 103,717
Hey guys, so I got my ALI-CKR9LTDs in today. Ordered them off Aliexpress for $54! First purchase from there as well.
They seem very well built and premium as @Hisoundfi stated. Great attention to detail in the design it seems. Mine have just a few very minor paint scuffs as others have stated. Haven't burned them in like others which have said may be necessary(whether you believe in it or not doesn't pertain).

Out of the box/on first listen... Good impressions. Comparing them to the Duoza they have similar bass extension and quantity in impact, and the quality is very similar. Maybe a hair better quality, but will need more time for comparison. 
The lower mids are pretty prominent like the Duoza, which gives them a nice warm tonality for the lower half of the sound signature. 
The mid-mids are similar in forwardness to the Duoza. 
The upper mids and lower treble however are brighter/more shouty than the Duoza, but again not by a whole lot. 
However, the Duoza has more upper treble presence to my ears than the ALI-CKR9LTD. Duoza has a little peaky upper treble I think, but don't know if people focus on that much as it's not a prominent part of the signature usually. 

Soundstage width is less than the Duoza. Not bad and above average, just not super great or anything. Duoza has great soundstage width, but not amazing! or anything like my Sony MDR-MA900. 
The soundstage depth and imaging is superb on the ALI-CKR9LTD though. I think it even surpasses the Duoza(notably the imaging), which I already view as fantastic in this department. 
The timbre is pretty good, especially in cymbals. Rock and Alternative sound pretty dang good on these!!! And it handles all the EDM and Dubstep I listen to great as well. I don't think it beats the Zero Audio Duoza/Tenore timbre though fwiw.

I'm anticipating @lalala6's impressions/comparison!

I did my bass extension test with this song and it passed well; similar to Duoza with maybe a hair more extension:

This rock song that @Hisoundfi shared once sounds good with ALI-CKR9LTD!

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #30,568 of 103,717

They seem very well built and premium as @Hisoundfi stated. Great attention to detail in the design it seems. Mine have just a few very minor paint scuffs as others have stated. Haven't burned them in like others which have said may be necessary(whether you believe in it or not doesn't pertain).

Out of the box/on first listen... Good impressions. Comparing them to the Duoza they have similar bass extension and quantity in impact, and the quality is very similar. Maybe a hair better quality, but will need more time for comparison. 
The lower mids are pretty prominent like the Duoza, which gives them a nice warm tonality for the lower half of the sound signature. 
The mid-mids are similar in forwardness to the Duoza. 
The upper mids and lower treble however are brighter/more shouty than the Duoza, but again not by a whole lot. 
However, the Duoza has more upper treble presence to my ears than the ALI-CKRLTD. Duoza has a little peaky upper treble I think, but don't know if people focus on that much as it's not a prominent part of the signature usually. 

Soundstage width is less than the Duoza. Not bad and above average, just not super great or anything. Duoza has great soundstage width, but not amazing! or anything like my Sony MDR-MA900. 
The soundstage depth and imaging is superb on the ALI-CKR9LTD though. I think it even surpasses the Duoza(notably the imaging), which I already view as fantastic in this department. 
The timbre is pretty good, especially in cymbals. Rock and Alternative sound pretty dang good on these!!! And it handles all the EDM and Dubstep I listen to great as well. I don't think it beats the Zero Audio Duoza/Tenore timbre though fwiw.

I'm anticipating @lalala6's impressions/comparison!

I did my bass extension test with this song and it passed well; similar to Duoza with maybe a hair more extension:

This rock song that @Hisoundfi shared once sounds good with ALI-CKR9LTD!

Great impression - thanks!

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #30,569 of 103,717

Great impression - thanks!

No problem Wayne! They sound like maybe a distant cousin to the Duoza. Similar overall sig, just a bit brighter I think while maintaining the overall warmth of the Duoza somehow. Don't know if they are legit or not. But sounds really good for $54, when I got the Duoza for $90... Good value for the money.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #30,570 of 103,717
I have both the Aliexpress and eBay CKR9LTD. Both of them look great, feel premium (both have minor paint blemishes, and sound okay, but they can't be anywhere near the level of the genuine products. Is there anyone who has a genuine model they can send so I can show the difference between genuine and fake?

I'd be willing to pay for shipping both ways and even compensate as well with an extra pair of budget IEMs from my collection when I return them.

I think the community needs to know the difference to protect the genuine product and inform the community. Not only that, I really want to hear the genuine ckr9ltd for myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone who can help with this please PM me.

since you have your mind made up already may I suggest to do a complete blind test (dark room or blindfold -  so you don't know which one are you listening to) and try to pick the best sounding one. Maybe  big surprises are in the making....  Otherwise we can predict your winner already. I hope you can find an "original" for testing and we can hear about your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back