The discovery thread!
Jun 25, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #29,461 of 103,250
My friend loved Piston 2 but it broke.  He tried my Tenore, M200, Singolo, Fidelio S2, and Soundsoul S-018 but none were bassy enough for him (he likes EDM).

Do KZ ATE, ED9, Soundmagic E80, Macaw, or anything under $50 have enough bass for him?

I'll suggest the SUR s808. They're best with a bit of EQ (very midbassy otherwise) but man can they pump out some intense bass. Cheap too. Can find them on AliExpress for around 15 USD.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #29,462 of 103,250
  My friend loved Piston 2 but it broke.  He tried my Tenore, M200, Singolo, Fidelio S2, and Soundsoul S-018 but none were bassy enough for him (he likes EDM).

Do KZ ATE, ED9, Soundmagic E80, Macaw, or anything under $50 have enough bass for him?

Zero Audio Basso.

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #29,464 of 103,250

KZ ED8m is a basshead oriented IEM that has ample quantity of bass and it still maintains very good quality. For a Piston 2 user the bass on ED8 is just perfect (I've used Piston 2 before).
Only downside is the weight of IEM but keeping that aside ED8 is a fantastic offering with loads of good quality bass and nice highs. 

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #29,467 of 103,250
I'm still curious about that Opus1 earphone. Contacted their eBay store about getting a review sample but I guess that's a no-go. No way I'm gonna drop $200+ on something no one here has even listened to.

These Dynamic Motion 008s look pretty interesting as well.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #29,469 of 103,250
although this is far from a new discovery, i'd like to call it a rediscovery! An oldie but a goodie!

anyone still have one of these lying around? What filters you using? What tips?
I use the gray filters and some aftermarket Sony hybrid like tips that have a slightly more narrow nozzle than the real sonys, and yes they are a fantastic fit and nice sound

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #29,470 of 103,250
I just finished reviewing Signature Acoustics C-12 series. I hope you guys enjoy the read.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/773134

It may not be great in comparison to other in-ear monitors, but it will still please fans.

Also,

I just bought and received this a while ago.

Two words: Mind Blown...

Soundstage - phenomenal

Clarity - Fantastic (not the best though, slightly just slightly less, even just a smidge less than the msr7)

Tonality - Pretty even and balanced, no annoying peaks.

Comfort - Finally, Audio technica got it right with this headphone.

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #29,473 of 103,250
although this is far from a new discovery, i'd like to call it a rediscovery! An oldie but a goodie!

anyone still have one of these lying around? What filters you using? What tips?
I use the gray filters and some aftermarket Sony hybrid like tips that have a slightly more narrow nozzle than the real sonys, and yes they are a fantastic fit and nice sound

I have the PFE 132 and 232, think they are very good in ears (believe the 012 and all the models except the 232 are basically the same, vary in the accessories included), nice fit, sound clear and open. Went on vacation, had to leave my beloved HE 1K home, took a day or so to acclimate to the 232 but was able enjoy listening to them, made the separation OK...
Just use the stock tips and filters (hate changing filters...)

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #29,474 of 103,250
I have the PFE 132 and 232, think they are very good in ears (believe the 012 and all the models except the 232 are basically the same, vary in the accessories included), nice fit, sound clear and open. Went on vacation, had to leave my beloved HE 1K home, took a day or so to acclimate to the 232 but was able enjoy listening to them, made the separation OK...

NEXT TIME be sure to take the BUTLER and a suitcase containing the MicroZotl2, the HE1K, a streaming source for TIDAL, a CD
player and a DAP of sufficient quality, DX90? to make you feel at home on the beach.  the MicroZotl2 will run off a 12 volt battery
according to Mark, just make sure the curcuit is fused..... ha!

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #29,475 of 103,250

NEXT TIME be sure to take the BUTLER and a suitcase containing the MicroZotl2, the HE1K, a streaming source for TIDAL, a CD
player and a DAP of sufficient quality, DX90? to make you feel at home on the beach.  the MicroZotl2 will run off a 12 volt battery
according to Mark, just make sure the curcuit is fused..... ha!

Ahhh, forgot the butler, knew I left something home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back