The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #2,551 of 100,141
I ain't going through the whole thread to find this out so can anyone help me out?
Is the FR201 Microphone version the same as the HAFX101 then in sound-quality? Also will be using the HTC EVO 3D, so will there be any compatibility problems?

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #2,553 of 100,141
Ya and this time you have to trust me one more time and burn them in. It is a shame you didn't give the CKM500 a fair shake. One of my faves of all time for sure. But these FX40 well lets just say if you like clean sound. Clean sound you get and everything else is right with the universe including very nice imaging. The FXD80 I am enjoying too much. Just fantastic.

I bet if you end up liking this cheapo sound you will definitely be interested in the FXD80. Burn in with lots of drum and bass heavy tracks fairly loud %70-80% of full volume. Do this for the necessary 100 hours. The sounds will definitely change to what I am hearing now I am around 300 plus on mine. Fantastic sound. I even use it for gaming. Pin point accuracy using these. It is nuts.

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2,554 of 100,141
Don't know the whole story but why don't you get the FX101 instead?
-edit nvm, don't even know what the FX40 are.

Quote:
Well even after my disappointment with the ckm500 I bought another dsnuts recommendation. The fx40s are on the way. For 20 bucks I thought why not :)

- Before my post gets lost -

Is the FR201 Microphone version the same as the HAFX101 then in sound-quality? Also will be using the HTC EVO 3D, so will there be any compatibility problems?

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #2,555 of 100,141
Quote:

Done, I got the wife a FX101 (so she could listen on her computer at the office)  ...music SQ wise, I couldn't tell any difference with my FR201.
But phone calls on the FR201 does not sounds as natural as the SHE8005, you can hear what's been said but it appears to be coming out of a long tube, the SHE8005 however are far behind the FR201 when it comes to music listening.

I have found that plugging in a TRS jacked phone which states Ipod compatibility into a later model Android phone does work, whether a mic(TRRS) or non-mic(TRS) version, just watch out for the respective and correct 'headphone with mic' or 'headphone only' icon to appear on the handset and you're good to go.

Quote:
Don't know the whole story but why don't you get the FX101 instead?
-edit nvm, don't even know what the FX40 are.

- Before my post gets lost -

See above post from a few pages back. It should answer your questions.

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #2,556 of 100,141
Although I believe that burn in does affect the drivers, Im not a believer that burn in will completely change the sound of the IEM. To the point where I really dont like them after 20 hours and love them after 100 hours.. I do think brain burn in does play a big role though. Either way I will give these a much longer listen than the ckm500 and see what happens. For now Im listening to the re262 that I just got today and I dont think these will be out of my ears for a long time lol.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #2,557 of 100,141
Thanks!

Quote:

See above post from a few pages back. It should answer your questions.

Please do post if you hear any differences!
Quote:

That's aweome! I was going to compare my fx101 with my gf's fr201 whenever she opens them and uses them with her iphone. I'm glad somebody else did it first. hahaha I guess I'll post if I hear any difference.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #2,558 of 100,141
Quote:
Although I believe that burn in does affect the drivers, Im not a believer that burn in will completely change the sound of the IEM. To the point where I really dont like them after 20 hours and love them after 100 hours.. I do think brain burn in does play a big role though. Either way I will give these a much longer listen than the ckm500 and see what happens. For now Im listening to the re262 that I just got today and I dont think these will be out of my ears for a long time lol.

Hopefully you like them. I haven't tried the fx40 (yet) but I remember when I first got the fx101 I tried them out and thought that they were very underwhelming. I let them burn in for the next 3 days before I tried them again and at that point I could hear everything that people had praised them for. Let us know what you think of them once you've given them a bit of time.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2,559 of 100,141
I may just go for the FX101s. What are the microphonics like and are the mids and highs good? I've seen a few reviews saying that the mids and highs are 'muddy' and that the cable is flimsy/picks up a lot of noise? Not sure if this is just morons reviewing them or what.

I have two quick questions; are the FX101s better sound-wise than the SoundMAGIC E10s and are the housings smaller/less bulky?

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #2,560 of 100,141
roughly the same size housing to the e10's, the 101's are a bit wider.

The cable isnt great, but i havent had any problems with microphonics.  I do wish they had used the cable from the original 1x1.

The mids to me are good as are the highs, bass is insane.  

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #2,563 of 100,141
So the FX40 more instruments and vocals but does bass heavy genres very well. One of the best earphones for gaming too I might add. Faster speed over the FX101 and the better technical earphone. But the FX101 has the bigger bass rumble.

The FX101 bassy music EDM, hiphop. but does intruments and vocals well too.. Both does one better over the other so they compliment each other as both have a different sound signature.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #2,564 of 100,141
Quote:
I may just go for the FX101s. What are the microphonics like and are the mids and highs good? I've seen a few reviews saying that the mids and highs are 'muddy' and that the cable is flimsy/picks up a lot of noise? Not sure if this is just morons reviewing them or what.

I have two quick questions; are the FX101s better sound-wise than the SoundMAGIC E10s and are the housings smaller/less bulky?

E10's housing is smaller, far less bulky then FX101. E10 is the better sounding IEM imo. You get what you pay for.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #2,565 of 100,141
Quote:
E10's housing is smaller, far less bulky then FX101. E10 is the better sounding IEM imo. You get what you pay for.

I'm just sick of the E10s breaking; for me, the build quality has been horrible. First time the right earbud sound cut out due to the 'nozzle' coming away from the housing and now the same thing has happened again. I handle my earbuds with care and the same thing happens twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back