The discovery thread!
May 21, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #24,721 of 102,936
Ooookay guys I just bought the tenores and spiral dot tips and they're on their way to my tenso address. Kc06 also on their way here, should be here within this week.
I will post impressions here~ I have some pretty high expectations 
evil_smiley.gif

I was truly disappointed with the RE-400, it was like plain water, very bland. nothing wrong with it, but at the same time, it's not good at doing anything.
The tenores better not disappoint me like the hifiman....

May 21, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #24,722 of 102,936
While the argument is pointless, here is a snip from the penonaudio page for the birds.
"Ear shell with titanium technology, Silver metal has excellent texture, While the coating has a high hardness, can prevent falls."

I own the KC06A. In my review, I stated that the build was like "cheap plastic". They are likely metal. When they touch, the sound makes a distinct metal ting. To my touch they do get cold like metal. When I feel them, they are very light and that's a good thing: However, the weight and how they feel to me personally is like that of cheap plastic. The weight being so light is likely a contributor to that fact in my brain. I think the build quality is excellent. Not sure if my review in the KC06A thread added to the misconception that they are plastic. If that is the case, I'm sorry. Just tried to explain how they feel to me. I still very much dislike the cable coating, but that is another story.

Overall, they are fantastic. I have no doubt that many Head-fiers are going to love them. They simply have a few issues that contend with my preferences despite their many, many good qualities. I'm giving them their due diligence with burn in even though Ostry claims they need none. More importantly, I'm giving myself plenty of time to let my braid adapt to the sound. At this point it seems like whatever magic happens from my auditory canals through --> tympanic membrane --> ossicles --> oval window --> cochlea may be playing more of a role in my frequency sensitivity than the signal from the vestibulocochlear nerve that is processed by my brain. (Sorry, last semester I took anatomy and got bored mid post). 

I can't speak to the Tenores, but look forward to trying them in the near future. I almost picked them up a year ago, but at that time they didn't seem to be what I was after. Now, I feel like they would be a welcome signature in my collection following some personal audiophile growth.  

May 21, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #24,723 of 102,936
  Ooookay guys I just bought the tenores and spiral dot tips and they're on their way to my tenso address. Kc06 also on their way here, should be here within this week.
evil_smiley.gif

I was truly disappointed with the RE-400, it was like plain water, very bland. nothing wrong with it, but at the same time, it's not good at doing anything.

Where did you buy the spiral dot tip?

May 21, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #24,726 of 102,936
http://www.amazon.co.jp/JVC-%E4%BA%A4%E6%8F%9B%E7%94%A8%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-M%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BA-EP-FX9M-B-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF/dp/B00JSLXNOC/ref=pd_sim_e_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=157GGEJCV0NN9YCC5GYK

May 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #24,729 of 102,936
I was ready to sell the Doppio's but I listened to them with the geek and got hooked. Really no other BA that sounds like it. Can't believe the Tenore's are blowing up a year after we got into them. Maybe people should pay attention to the discovery thread more.

That's because everyone was buying Basso instead.  It was only you and I who bought both, but we're not good at hyping.  Need lessons from Mochill 
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #24,732 of 102,936
evil_smiley.gif

I felt the same way.  RE-400 was boooooring to my ears.

May 21, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #24,734 of 102,936

Users who are viewing this thread

Back