The discovery thread!
Mar 27, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #23,417 of 100,329
Just peeking in fellas - with some comments - since I've been getting a bunch of inboxes. If I don't answer you right away it's because I have kept to my word and don't look in much (even if it's showing me online). But let me throw a few things out to those who have similar new toys:

- Whereas a wider nozzle tips generally make dynamic driver earphones shine more and brings out most of the details, I've found just the opposite with universal BA earphones. It seems like the narrow diameter opening tips actually work better and bring out more details with BAs to my ears (with the Heaven V being the exception and having an opposite effect). With that stated, what happens when you have a wide nozzle BA earphone like the dual Doppios? I've been putting wide bore silicon and foam tips on it with mixed results. But the other day I tried the narrower extra-large Sony Hybrid tips on it, and Whoa!!!! The details pushed through, plus giving me the best bass response (sub bass) I've heard since SM2. Give it a try (after burn in).

- Tried the Triple-fi 10 silicon tips on the TE-05 and V last night. Worked very good with both, but I preferred it on the V. Thickened the sound even more with great clarity and detail still. I still prefer the stock tips on TE-05.

- Still prefer the stock spiral silicon tips on the FX850 (which is phenomenal with about 150 hours on it now). Hands down it is my favorite universal earphone right now.

Happy Listening fellas (and ladies). Back to seclusion (lol) ....
beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #23,418 of 100,329
^
Here's a slight prequel to my next write-up.
ph34r.gif

Now how do they (DN1Ks) compare to the TE-05 seems to be the million dollar question, welp tbh both perform on the same sonic level for me. But they both sound pretty different. From what i heard of the TE-05s is that they are VERY airy, with good sub bass depth and extension. Mids are nicely forward but not overly lush and treble seems to extend pretty well with some sparkle. The difference between the DN1Ks is that their presentation/ sound seems to have more weight (more dynamic in sound) while the TE-05 has more speed, air, micro details (akin to micro driver/ BA drivers in sound/ presentation). The staging seems larger on the TE-05 due to all those traits i have just listed as well as more 3D sounding but the DN1Ks is not far behind tbh. So one you get a slightly more hefty (no where was meaty as the Hs though) sound while the other you get an even more refreshing/ cleaner sound.

Unfiltered/unpasteurized Apple juice vs. Sparkling apple cider??? LMAO
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #23,420 of 100,329
  ^
ph34r.gif

Great teaser you got there Sf!
Looking forward to your final write-up.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #23,421 of 100,329
  Wow, the XBA-H3 is ginormous.

^ It's a "fatty" like jants be saying but they are fo' sho a goodie. :wink:

Great teaser you got there Sf!
Looking forward to your final write-up.

^ ahah hope i can add another heavy hitter into that mix but it seems unlikely with my shilling luck. LMAO
ph34r.gif

Forgot to say nice job on that noble write-up of yours, maybe you can send them my way now that you're done with them. hoho
ksc75smile.gif

You noble mofos be hitting it outta' the park of late it seems, even Da' Drunken Masa' Kova got in on the action. : P

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #23,422 of 100,329
  ^
ph34r.gif

Are those the Heaven V's? Cool. All you really need now to be of use to me
tongue.gif
 are the JVC HX850's and the Tpeos H300's!

Based on how Dsnuts, ericp10 and Dannybai have basically become silent and deserted us since getting the 850's (and also based on PM's with them which make 850 resistance very hard), it seems to me like the 850's are the ones to beat (before that it was the H3's). But now d marc0 has me very interested in the H300's as well (I love my H200's with the mh1c or bliss tips).

Me aside, it will be very interesting to get your write-up on those 4 beauties that you have in your possession!

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #23,424 of 100,329
Mar 27, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #23,429 of 100,329

Users who are viewing this thread

Back