The discovery thread!
Feb 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #22,291 of 102,922
OK, for your Sunday listening...

1 More, the Stones did a version (secular) very close to this, don't know if they heard something transitional between the Staples version and theirs,or they "adapted/approptiated" it themselves, enjoy...

OK, since I mentioned the Bad Boys, I'll post their (decidedly secular) version, from a TV show, Top of the Pops (they are lip syncing, though, the music is the studio version)

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #22,292 of 102,922
OK, out of control (what else is new), was listening to "Something Inside of Me", WKCR on the way to work, playing Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers, figured there must be some sinners out there that could use a bit more help...
(Sam Cooke died at age 33-what a tragedy).

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #22,294 of 102,922
OK, on the latest obsessions.....er, I mean discoveries...have Accessory Jack open in the browser, AT ATM-IM-03 for $339.99. Have thinksound on1 up on Amazon for $252, not to mention the Japanese translation of the review for JVC HA-FX850 (of course, I don't need any of these). Any thoughts on these? Experience? Should I just go take a cold shower?

cold shower!  followed by buying spree!

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #22,296 of 102,922
  I just never ran into it before :) and the only mention of it is in two posts here one being the july 15 2013 Japanese headphone show, so that is only a few months.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672513/15th-july-2013-tokyos-fujiya-summer-portaken-report.. 
pics in the first post

Are you thinking of the  Tio or IQ instead? I believe the Pyco is a new dynamic.

Probably not they are both above 200.  Thanks for the impressions.

Huh, I just looked on Amazon and it said it has been available since August of 2013, so it's not that old I guess.

Nope, I definitely heard the Pyco. The only other Ultrasone I've heard is the 900 though. 
redface.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #22,298 of 102,922
Well, the teac-ze1000 earphones ran out of stock..

we're back to those $100 versions...

I wish ebay accepted credit card...

at least the heaven Vs are going back to $200 in amazon japan, $220 with tenso.

HARMAN KARDON CLS FOR $62 shipping!

http://www.shophq.com/offer/?offercode=441-033&track=-10451&cm_re=Z7-_-RV1-_-N

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #22,299 of 102,922
Well, the teac-ze1000 earphones ran out of stock..

we're back to those $100 versions...

I wish ebay accepted credit card...

at least the heaven Vs are going back to $200 in amazon japan, $220 with tenso.

HARMAN KARDON CLS FOR $62 shipping!

http://www.shophq.com/offer/?offercode=441-033&track=-10451&cm_re=Z7-_-RV1-_-N

Good price, gets good reviews from the quick skim I did, as I said, I remember the Stereophile reviewer liking them at $100-you going to do it? (do you have the XBAH3? How do you like them, haven't seen you mention them?) (I'd consider them, but I'm juggling the thought of so many different purchases already, just adds more confusion to the mix)

I did order the TEAC, long list I'm considering pulling trigger on...

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #22,300 of 102,922
Good price, gets good reviews from the quick skim I did, as I said, I remember the Stereophile reviewer liking them at $100-you going to do it? (do you have the XBAH3? How do you like them, haven't seen you mention them?) (I'd consider them, but I'm juggling the thought of so many different purchases already, just adds more confusion to the mix)

Yup, and that's why I want them so bad...but..I can't buy them at the moment..I need to sell my headphone inventory first. I will probably sell the ath-re700s.

I do have the xba-h3s, they are awesome sounding for their price! Big bold bass, with the nicest mids I've heard (since they sound pretty full bodied, and have incredible detail despite this thick sound), and the highs are amazing! While it isn't bright or sparkly, it has more than enough treble quality for you to enjoy your music with, adding layers upon layers of depth that you hear in your tunes when you run some rock, classical, jazz music!

Pretty WIIIDE soundstage for me, and still has good imagery to help you get a sense of height as well, pretty good 3-D imagery.

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #22,301 of 102,922
OK, on the latest obsessions.....er, I mean discoveries...have Accessory Jack open in the browser, AT ATM-IM-03 for $339.99. Have thinksound on1 up on Amazon for $252, not to mention the Japanese translation of the review for JVC HA-FX850 (of course, I don't need any of these). Any thoughts on these? Experience? Should I just go take a cold shower?

cold shower!  followed by buying spree!

Your wish is my command!!!!! batten down the credit cards!
, all hands on deck!

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #22,302 of 102,922

Yup, and that's why I want them so bad...but..I can't buy them at the moment..I need to sell my headphone inventory first. I will probably sell the ath-re700s.

I do have the xba-h3s, they are awesome sounding for their price! Big bold bass, with the nicest mids I've heard (since they sound pretty full bodied, and have incredible detail despite this thick sound), and the highs are amazing! While it isn't bright or sparkly, it has more than enough treble quality for you to enjoy your music with, adding layers upon layers of depth that you hear in your tunes when you run some rock, classical, jazz music!

Pretty WIIIDE soundstage for me, and still has good imagery to help you get a sense of height as well, pretty good 3-D imagery.

How can you sell the RE-700? You almost had me buy it at least 50 times!!!! It's your baby!!!! No, no a thousand tomes no, I say!!!! Say it ain't so!!

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #22,303 of 102,922

^ Great call doc, maybe these TEACs will make you sell off a lot of your other budget/ mid-fi iems/ gears.
bigsmile_face.gif

Congrats, think you will like them A LOT. :)

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #22,304 of 102,922

+
How can you sell the RE-700? You almost had me buy it at least 50 times!!!! It's your baby!!!! No, no a thousand tomes no, I say!!!! Say it ain't so!!

^ OH OH OH sell those H3's to me for $150.
very_evil_smiley.gif

i got 1st dibs. : P

The Logans makes those RE700s redundant meng, just sell them while they're still hot. :)

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #22,305 of 102,922

I know, it is an act of blasphemy on my part!  
triportsad.gif

I truly don't want to sell them, but if I want to try out those karmans, these babies are the ones to sell the most...

+
^ OH OH OH sell those H3's to me for $150.
very_evil_smiley.gif

i got 1st dibs. : P

The Logans makes those RE700s redundant meng, just sell them while they're still hot. :)

That's another reason why I want to sell, despite the differences in bass and vocal presentation. I hear that the harmans have the same martin logans sound sig (that means instruments are represented faithfully), while having bold bass, but not basshead levels. It has great highs, though they do not best the martin logans in that department, and soundstage and imagery varies...

I so want it!! The mids are also warm...I want warm + heavily detailed mids from the karmans while having somewhat warm and detailed mids that come from the martins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back