The discovery thread!
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #22,217 of 103,907
Try again ds....
etysmile.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #22,219 of 103,907
Oh! So is it the R3? I thought Sf was referring to the narmoo's!

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #22,220 of 103,907

Wait. you got the R3 for $30??

Well, if I'm buying one it might be something else since Raz sent me a couple of those R3's(one was DOA) already :)

I heard all will be revealed tomorrow? so I'm not ruining the surprise/stealing somebody's thunder!

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #22,221 of 103,907
This is an Oldie but a REAL goodie. Re-introducing the TEAC ZE1000

This thing looks harmless due to it's low profile built/ aesthetics but this lil' sucka packs a punch cuz under that benign shell lurks a duel armature beast that is waiting to be unleashed......

^ With conventional rubber tips these ZE1000s are VERY dry and CRAZY BASSY, which makes them sound somewhat like cheapo conventional bass iems. I have used the wide bore UE tips as well the the radioshack auvio tips and both gave me some intense brain rattling deep bass. So i was like the Fff, these are some duel BA iems!!!??? Why the hell do they sound like a damn dynamic in sound cuz the presentation is so natural and holistic that even the bass is BIG/DEEP/BOLD AND FULL  with crazy authority just like a dynamic would sound. 
blink.gif
  I was D'YAM these don't sound like any of the BAs that i have heard before and certainly doesn't appear to be some generic TWFK config that's fo' sho. haha So i was thinking maybe i should try out the stock tips instead even though peps warned me that they were junk and is funky as hell lookin'......

Lo and behold with the stock onion layered looking tips it gave these ZE1000s MUCH more air, hence micro details are much more overt/ forward along with great lush sounding mids. Now we're finally cooking some good stuff cuz all the amazing elements of BA drivers (amazing clarity, HD/3Dness, precision, micro detailing, staging, etc) are now much more apparent.  Not only that but the dynamic traits (natural timbre, great bold/deep bass, wholeness) that i have noted before with the conventional rubber deep bore tips are still present as well. It is just now MUCH more well integrated into the rest of the presentation.  The once boosted bass quantity with the conventional deep bore rubber tips which masked all those micro details and recess the lushness/ forwardness of the mids is now gone. The stock tips not only balanced the quantity but improved on the overall quality of the bass as well.  Therefore, these are kicking some SERIOUS dust with great staging, HD/3Dness, bass quality as well as quantity with crazy nice depth along with lots of the micro details/ lushness/ silkiness and great extension in the treble.

There is no longer any dryness in the sound cuz those onion layered stock tips adds much mo' air/ layering into the mix, hence these are sounding MIGHTY DAMN refined. MY GAWD!!!
basshead.gif

SUCH a natural sounding bass/ presentation for a duel BA that for me can more than hang with the likes of Sony XBA-3s and even the KEF M200s on all fronts. BUT i kinda detect some funky resonance issues with certain tracks i have never heard from some particular songs/ recordings before. Kinda' strange but yeah....... not really a deal killer but still.
rolleyes.gif

These are TRULY a GIANT KILLER for the price they are selling now, so GO GO GO while they are still around!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teac-inCore-ZE1000-Hi-Def-In-Ear-Stereophones-w-Accessories-and-Free-Shipping-/261404183227?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cdce74abb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TASCAM-ZE-1000-In-Ear-phone-Black-NEW-MAKE-OFFER-In-Core-EARBUDS-SPECIAL-PRICE-/251456413913?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3a8bf860d9

edit: oh forgot to give Hutnicks and the Kicked Da' Canned Crew a BIG THANK YOU for giving me a heads up on this lil' gem. Would have never gotten these ZE1Ks if it weren't for them teasin'/ taunting me about them. haha

So this is a BIG Fufufufufufu to you lovely Canned Land folks cuz damn it ya'll were right on the money regarding this one................. for once.
ksc75smile.gif

This makes up for those MT300s, so we even now.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #22,222 of 103,907
Bugger! $60 to Australia. Tsk!

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #22,224 of 103,907
  This is an Oldie but a REAL goodie. Re-introducing the TEAC ZE1000

This thing looks harmless due to it's low profile built/ aesthetics but this lil' sucka packs a punch cuz under that benign shell lurks a duel armature beast that is waiting to be unleashed......

^ With conventional rubber tips these ZE1000s is VERY dry and CRAZY BASSY, which makes them sound somewhat like cheapo conventional bass iems. I have used the wide bore UE tips as well the the radioshack auvio tips and both gave me some intense brain rattling deep bass. So i was like the Fff these are some duel BA iems meng, why the hell do they sound like a damn dynamic in sound cuz even the bass is BIG DEEP BOLD AND FULL with crazy authority. I was D'YAM these don't like any of the BAs that i have head before that's fo' sho. haha So i was thinking maybe i should try out the stock tips even though peps warned me they were junk that looks funky as hell......

Lo and behold with stock onion layered looking tips it gave these ZE1000s MUCH more air, hence micro details are much more overt/ forward along with a great lush sounding mids. The boosted bass quantity of those deep/ wide bore tips not only masked all those micro details but recess the lushness/ forwardness of the mids as well. With the stock tips it balances the bass along with the overall presentation so now these are kicking some SERIOUS dust with great staging, bass quality as well as quantity that has crazy nice depth along with lots of the micro details/ lushness/ silkiness and great extension in the treble in the overall presentation.

That dry sound is TOTALLY GONE!!!
eek.gif
Those onion layered tips balances the bass along with the rest of the sonic spectrum as well as gives them much mo' air/ layering. MY GAWD!!!
basshead.gif

SUCH a natural sounding bass/ presentation for a duel BA that for me can more than hang with the Sony XBA-3s and the KEF M200s, in all aspects. BUT i kinda detect some funky resonance issues with certain tracks i never heard from the song/ recording before. Kinda' strange but yeah....... not really a deal killer but still.
rolleyes.gif

These are TRULY a GIANT KILLER for the price they are selling now, so GO GO GO while they are still around!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teac-inCore-ZE1000-Hi-Def-In-Ear-Stereophones-w-Accessories-and-Free-Shipping-/261404183227?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cdce74abb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TASCAM-ZE-1000-In-Ear-phone-Black-NEW-MAKE-OFFER-In-Core-EARBUDS-SPECIAL-PRICE-/251456413913?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3a8bf860d9

If you have a small punch, or piece of metal tubing, you might want to play with the filters. The stockers are the basic paper type, and you may have better luck with a small piece of foam or spandex.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #22,225 of 103,907

If you have a small punch, or piece of metal tubing, you might want to play with the filters. The stockers are the basic paper type, and you may have better luck with a small piece of foam or spandex.

^ Revised the impressions with some THANK Us so ya'll Canned peps now got blood on your hands as well for this one. haha
deadhorse.gif

Like i be saying meng, sharing is caring!!! : P

edit: revised the impressions a bit so it flows better.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #22,226 of 103,907
Awesome find Sf! Cheers meng!

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #22,227 of 103,907

So this it a BIG Fufufufufufu you you lovely Canned Land folks cuz damn it ya'll were right on the money regarding this one................. for once.
ksc75smile.gif

This makes up for those MT300s, so we even now.
bigsmile_face.gif

Not even yet. We even once you send me a pair of those Teeeeaaacs to make up for those MT300's that you denigrated and squandered 
biggrin.gif

Btw: http://www.head-fi.org/t/282161/news-dual-drivers-5-flanged-iem-from-teac

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #22,229 of 103,907
Awesome find Sf! Cheers meng!

^ No need to thank me, check my edits. I was just merely a guinea pig.
ksc75smile.gif

Used and abused by those Canned mofos. T_T

Not even yet. We even once you send me a pair of those Teeeeaaacs to make up for those MT300's that you denigrated and squandered 
biggrin.gif

Btw: http://www.head-fi.org/t/282161/news-dual-drivers-5-flanged-iem-from-teac

^ haha will do if i can get them for a better price. : P

C'mon best offer come through. :)

At $100... meh. At $30 it seems like a great deal. Got one.

^ Good call these smack the piss outta' those pisss_tons EZ!!!

I had honestly expected the pistons to sound like these from some of the impressions ya'll gave smh.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #22,230 of 103,907
edit: oh forgot to give Hutnicks and the Kicked Da' Canned Crew a BIG THANK YOU for giving me a heads up on this lil' gem. Would have never gotten these ZE1Ks if it weren't for them teasin'/ taunting me about them. haha  
So this it a BIG Fufufufufufu to you lovely Canned Land folks cuz damn it ya'll were right on the money regarding this one................. for once.
ksc75smile.gif

NOOOOOooooo
basshead.gif

It's all Nicks fault. He made me do it.

..................But if you like those...

Lets just say that 30 bucks can buy you a lot of phone these days, and not only IEM's:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back