The discovery thread!
Jan 31, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #20,866 of 100,494
Nice little find today:

Bluedio EH
http://www.bluedio.com/detail-produit.php?ref=576

It turns any earphone/headphone you have into a bluetooth 4.0 "wireless" one. If you have aptX on your phone or PC with a bluetooth 4.0 aptx dongle (cheap), you can walk around the room with this thing and have near lossless sound to your earphone collection.

$30 shipped on JD.com

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #20,867 of 100,494
Nice little find today:

Bluedio EH
http://www.bluedio.com/detail-produit.php?ref=576

It turns any earphone/headphone you have into a bluetooth 4.0 "wireless" one. If you have aptX on your phone or PC with a bluetooth 4.0 aptx dongle (cheap), you can walk around the room with this thing and have near lossless sound to your earphone collection.

$30 shipped on JD.com

I'm on the fence about rather I'm keeping or getting rid of my L1's but if I do I think I'll remove the extension cord attach something like that to the frame and turn them into premium bluetooth headphones.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #20,868 of 100,494

here's something to keep an eye on as first few impressions come trickling in.  
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685854/nad-viso-hp20-in-ear#post_9916185

This was mentioned a few months back and apart from the offical thread for these which sort of, kind of, died out, there hasn't been much response with these on this thread either.

I ask because I found the HP50 full-sized to be very impressive, and after some more demoing tomorrow, might take the plunge on those.
Nick since you posted this, if you're on let me know if you get the chance, whether or not you know anything about these - having some IMAP issues with mutt.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #20,869 of 100,494

I ask because I found the HP50 full-sized to be very impressive, and after some more demoing tomorrow, might take the plunge on those.
Nick since you posted this, if you're on let me know if you get the chance, whether or not you know anything about these - having some IMAP issues with mutt.

Cool. Wish the headband was different, but there is no denying that they are very popular in the SQ department.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #20,870 of 100,494
  This was mentioned a few months back and apart from the offical thread for these which sort of, kind of, died out, there hasn't been much response with these on this thread either.

I don't like how they don't list specs on these.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #20,873 of 100,494
http://www.head-fi.org/t/694010/comparison-of-sennheiser-amperior-beyerdynamic-dt-1350-martin-logan-micros-90-and-yamaha-hph-200-or-how-i-spent-my-winter-vacation

The link to the original comparison I did on Amperior/DT1359/Mikros 90 amd HPH-200. To follow up, since I wrote that, while I still agree with my impressions, I tend to pull the Mikros out most often of the 4...needs more bass imo (and has fit issues causing the bass problem, yada, yada, yada), but kids/highs really great, open sounding. Hey, at clearance prices, I still think it is a no-brainer.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #20,874 of 100,494
  I liked the headband. Didn't have them on for long. Are there long-term comfort issues or something I should be aware of?

A picture tell a thousand words..

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #20,876 of 100,494

Definitely agree with nehcrow so thank you for the impressions.  I have zero issues with upper mids/lower treble also.  I wouldn't want anymore treble but possibly more airiness without increasing that treble.  The AD900X sounds more airy to me but also very thin compared and overall is slayed by the HE500's and even the HE400's are an upgrade IMO.

I've checked Emotiva's before but not thoroughly.  Which one would I shoot for?  I have the Yulong D100 MKII and Hifi-M8 so considering those, would the Emotiva's be an upgrade?  I'm also very interested in the Audio GD's, mostly the Compass 2.  Thanks nehcrow.

Emotiva mini-x a-100, DannyBai.
http://shop.emotiva.com/products/a100
Unavailable at the moment, and it used to be $169 :frowning2: You can possibly pick up a used one/or find a store that sells it
There's a huge thread dedicated to powering the HE-500/HE-6/LCD with it - you'll get amazing top tier performance! Some of the best there is for the HE-500 and even the HE-6
You'll need to make/buy speaker taps however
Schiit Lyr is another great option, but there's been reports the Emotiva mini-x beats it (and it's cheaper too by ~$200)
You've got a great DAC already but I feel portable amps won't do Hifiman orthos justice, you'll need a beefier desktop amp

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #20,877 of 100,494

A picture tell a thousand words..

It sure doesn't! A thousand words would be barely enough to adequately describe that beautifully glistening bald head. I should shave the sucker one of these days...

...Oh right the headphones. What were we talking about again?

Lol. I'm a google-fu master. Hazard-San.

Further Google-fu reveals a lot of "bass-heavy" impressions on the HP-20. Hmm.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #20,878 of 100,494

Just came today from The Audiophile Voice...have a feeling I'm going to be sad when I have to return them :frowning2:

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #20,879 of 100,494
  Eric, how does the thinksound on1 reproduce this song?

Inquiring minds would like to know. 
atsmile.gif

That horn, those guitar crunches, cymbals, that voice, tell us the details! (if you may).

Very nice selection vlenbo. The trombone, bass and reverb in the snare drums dominate the first half the of the song. Every instrument seems to have its own space. You can hear the "chinka chinka" of the electric guitar, but electric guitar really doesn't flair up until about the 3:00  time lapse in the song. Trombone Shorty is one of my favorite new artists. Again, every instrument is heard clearly and succinctly in its own space. I love hearing this through the On1.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #20,880 of 100,494
The On1 really makes this song sang (although this is not a good copy of it) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back