The discovery thread!
Jun 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #2,011 of 102,981
I've burned in my pair using a pure FLAC collection of pink noise,psytrance, rnb and dubstep at max volume from my galaxy phone since my pc is a poor source and its worked out amazing so far no harsh highs but then again i always burn in on the second night at the highest volume possible...They must be forged into greatness with brutality and force just like a diamond ^^

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #2,017 of 102,981
I can't tell that your excited about them FX3X. I have no idea when mine will arrive. Though my main concern is with the other frequencies. I know it will handle the bass part well as all the XX line does. I want to see what the rest of the sound offers.

@Bjaardker. I am surprised you find the highs to be sibilant. That would be the last word I would describe the highs on the FX101. They are actually much smoother sounding earphone even over the FX40. Easy on the ears imo. I am wondering if your getting the right seal on them. They would sound sibilant with some sound leakage but I know you know that so. Hmm don't know.

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #2,018 of 102,981
Quote:
I can't tell that your excited about them FX3X. I have no idea when mine will arrive. Though my main concern is with the other frequencies. I know it will handle the bass part well as all the XX line does. I want to see what the rest of the sound offers.

@Bjaardker. I am surprised you find the highs to be sibilant. That would be the last word I would describe the highs on the FX101. They are actually much smoother sounding earphone even over the FX40. Easy on the ears imo. I am wondering if your getting the right seal on them. They would sound sibilant with some sound leakage but I know you know that so. Hmm don't know.

A bad pair maybe?

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2,019 of 102,981
Gott the FX101s a few weeks ago - modded them with an ihone cord for volume control/talk/siri.  Burn in at about 50 hours.  Sounds really good (especially at their price).  Wondering if I should get the FX40s as well - does anyone know how they compare to the ety H3's that I already have?

How did you mod them for iPhone controls?

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #2,020 of 102,981
Quote:
Gott the FX101s a few weeks ago - modded them with an ihone cord for volume control/talk/siri.  Burn in at about 50 hours.  Sounds really good (especially at their price).  Wondering if I should get the FX40s as well - does anyone know how they compare to the ety H3's that I already have?

It would be fantastic if you got the fx40 to compare with your HF3. I was looking into trying that signature, but it seems like the fx40 may be around that area.

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #2,022 of 102,981
Quote:
How did you mod them for iPhone controls?

I took a pair of iphone buds (the white ones that come with the phone), popped off the earbuds, un-soddered the wires and then carefully cut open the FX101s (they do not snap apart as far as I can tell), un-soddered the wires there and soddered the iphone cord in.  I then superglued the 101s back together and wham....everything worked perfectly and sounded great.

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #2,023 of 102,981
I know - and I actually won a pair of FX101s with mic (same ones you picture above) on ebay today for $14.99 shipped.  Figured I'd try that mic out but no volume controls :frowning2:

Oh ..  I forgot to mention, after I superglued them back together, I took some matte black model car paint and gave them a quick once over to hide the extra glue that dried up.  They look pretty good....

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #2,024 of 102,981
Very creative. iFrankenbuds. :)

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,025 of 102,981
I know - that's what I am worried about!  I really like the ety HF3s and they have a great iphone cord but if (and I bet they do) the fx40s compare and sounds probably just as good, I'll be disappointed that I spent so much on the etys ($120 amazon).  I do like how sturdy they feel though (and the form-factor).

Its sad, I probably have over $2000 in headphones/IEMs/earbuds (TF10s, Bowers & Wilkins p5s, V-Moda M-80s, Klipsch s4i and s5i as well as the Image One over-ears, and a couple pairs of Senns, etc) ...and my go-to's lately have been some cheap JVCs!!!  Kudos to them for making a quality product and a nice price point....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back