The discovery thread!
Jan 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #19,877 of 102,860

Yeppp agreed there, the FX3Xs seems to have more of that conventional "basshead" V-shape sound siggy, while the 90EXs despite their big bass, esp. sub bass sounds to me more balanced overall, or should i say a balanced audiophile basshead iem???
rolleyes.gif

Oh and have always wanted to ask, what do peps mean when the say "euphoric".
confused.gif
I take it means a good thing but kinda confused what it's meant is all.....

euphoric is the atmospheric warmth from the bass. makes music seem very intimate as apposed to a cold and clean sound. 

+1 to all for the help. thanks for all the useful and timely responses, didnt know that the fx3x could be praised with the higher end bass head iems such as the sony xb90ex, seems like that would be impossible due to the price differences. pulled the trigger though, thanks again

fx3x has an awesome rumble, one i like over the sonys. the highs were much for me at higher volumes as apposed to the smoother xb90 that will go as loud as you like.

fakes are something to look out for, just make sure to compare them with real ones in a thread that compares both. my originals still had driver flex, and as good as the pistons may be i highly doubt they will have the bass of the fx3x which are amazing. the m200 has that kind of bass that doesnt get in the way, but the jvc has the kind of clean sound that makes an amazing rumble/crunching sound. just EQ the treble if its too harsh.

every IEM i owned broke at the jack. Never had a pair that broke at the earpiece lol. Im probably just going to buy both if they are both what they are made out to be

a great idea would be to use a small extension cable to make sure its not your pair of phones that you have to replace.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #19,878 of 102,860

How rough are you with your iems at the gym? I've used my H200's at the gym for a long time now, and they have had a gentle ride (but, I use other cheaper iems when doing aerobic/sweaty stuff).

Not that rough at all i mean sometimes they fall on the ground or get a slight tug at the gym from some typical workouts but i never step on any of my iems or throw em in the wash, i really couldnt say why all my iems end up breaking, i feel like i take good care of all my phones

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #19,879 of 102,860
OK, last one (gotta go to bed, could keep this up otherwise you know...)

Nighty night, y'all

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #19,880 of 102,860
  euphoric is the atmospheric warmth from the bass. makes music seem very intimate as apposed to a cold and clean sound. 

fx3x has an awesome rumble, one i like over the sonys. the highs were much for me at higher volumes as apposed to the smoother xb90 that will go as loud as you like.

fakes are something to look out for, just make sure to compare them with real ones in a thread that compares both. my originals still had driver flex, and as good as the pistons may be i highly doubt they will have the bass of the fx3x which are amazing. the m200 has that kind of bass that doesnt get in the way, but the jvc has the kind of clean sound that makes an amazing rumble/crunching sound. just EQ the treble if its too harsh.

yeah from all i have read i have found the fx3x to be the best budget basshead IEMs that are as durable as they come. As far as fakes are concerned,  i believe im going to go with the UK seller on ebay they seem to be legit selling over 300 pairs and still having near 100% feedback.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #19,881 of 102,860

^ Troll...... .

Thought you were the "Beats" guy Beatsguy, you should love that color scheme. Mad disappoint!!!
tongue.gif

Not that bad to be honest, but I think the pistons you found are better. I have the fx40, so I can't comment on that, but it can't hurt to try though, I remember the carbo nanotube craze here, an astounding amount of hours of burn-in were needed to make them sound their best. I'm not going further than this, otherwise, people will revolt against me for my ideals. 
atsmile.gif

Also...

You got something against this meng?

If it's red alone, I agree. If it's black and red, you and I will have some "Friendly" discussions about the color scheme in a pm probably. 
tongue_smile.gif

and lol to that and a +1 to sf.

Red cable!? NOOOOO---

Nah, jkjk 
biggrin.gif
 But still, why is it tangled? NOOOOOO---

I'm getting pretty annoyed with the red cable, since I don't have any good outfits I could wear with 'em. I have a lot of green and blue clothes tho.
I has a fashion sense, meng. And my fashion sense sez to either wear more red clothes or use different earphones. 

Far as I know, the UE 6k has a blue cable (and maybe the 9k also). Dunno about green, but all of Razer's schiit (headphones included) have green on them.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #19,882 of 102,860
^ LoL TO ALL YOU CHEAP MOFOs LURKING PLEASE DON'T BID ON THEM, LET THE DOOD WIN THIS AND THE AUDIO GODS WILL BLESS ALL YOUR KIND SOULS!!! :p

^ waiting for the moment when they crap out on you just like how those M200s did, and you do a complete 180 on them again. hoho :popcorn:

KNOCK ON WOOD!!! :deadhorse:

LOL thanks for the good wishes, sf. Much appreciated. :wink: LOL

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #19,883 of 102,860
I won't be too upset if the Piston die out me. I paid $24 for them, and I'd just order a new pair from the same guy I ordered my original pair from. Now if my DUNU DNK were to schiit out on me, then you'd see me filled with rage and sorrow. A return means a return to China. Btw I've been using my DUNU with the blue ring and Comply tips. Experimenting to see if I like this better than red ring and Sony hybrids.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #19,884 of 102,860
Didn't like comply's on the DUNU. Diminished the highs. Made them too tame. Trying the JVC Fxt90 silicone tips. So far so good.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #19,885 of 102,860

Red cable!? NOOOOO---

Nah, jkjk 
biggrin.gif
 But still, why is it tangled? NOOOOOO---

I'm getting pretty annoyed with the red cable, since I don't have any good outfits I could wear with 'em. I have a lot of green and blue clothes tho.
I has a fashion sense, meng. And my fashion sense sez to either wear more red clothes or use different earphones. 

Far as I know, the UE 6k has a blue cable (and maybe the 9k also). Dunno about green, but all of Razer's schiit (headphones included) have green on them.

^ Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOs looky we have one of these amongst us.......
... a bit old school hipster, alls he is missing are some beats cans and an iphone. 

LOL thanks for the good wishes, sf. Much appreciated.
wink.gif
LOL

^ Always meng. No need to thank me. :wink:

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #19,886 of 102,860
  ^ Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOs looky we have one of these amongst us.......
... a bit old school hipster, alls he is missing are some beats cans and an iphone. 

^ Always meng. No need to thank me. :wink:

This guy needs piercings, asap, or at least fake ones on his bottom lip, and on his tongue, lol.

Also, the re700's packaging is pretty hefty on my wallet

960g, which means I have to pay $30, I wish I had used cdjapan...

And using the im02s again after using sony's.

The im02s are definitely thin right after I switched, but now the sound has been adjusted to my ears, and they sound pretty good. If I didn't mess with the foam inside, the highs might have been a bit more tamed...

Either way though, jamiroquai's little L has given me a wide smile with these on. The bass sounds delicious on this song, not that much rumble or impact though, no punch. Smooth yet tight bass...and his vocals are just outstanding! The cymbals sound pretty synergic with the song, not harsh and definitely not laid back, just detailed and somewhat thick. Violins sound sweet with these iems! Pretty smooth to be honest...

If I hadn't mixed his song with the japanese music that destroys my hearing (since the volume changes obviously), then I'd be a happy man tonight. 

This sounds pretty good with the im02

vocals take the lead here, with the bass along with it, though it's behind the mids. The cymbals are with the vocals on this one as well, and it's so energetic! Guitar strings sound as though they're near you, with the nice nice crisp and detailed play and that tonalty that I usually don't hear with other earphones. Electric guitar is pretty awesome with the im02s, it can keep up the pace of the speed it's playing at, and makes it sound pretty smooth as well.

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #19,887 of 102,860
I hope the H1 is smooth like that?

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #19,889 of 102,860
After catching up with the last 20 pages... I cannot be the only person that still enjoys the JVC CNT highs. I love(d) my FX40's because the treble makes any violin solos and electric violin solos sound so very pretteh. I loved that aggressiveness. It was so strict, so sparkly like a diamond, loved it. Mids were set back though.

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #19,890 of 102,860
I had tothe pistons and am getting another one :sunglasses:...and yes they beat the rha750 and s2 and vsonic gr07s :astonished:

Oh boy even gr07s? So shall i say that beryllium diaphragm and aluminium housings is the game changer against gr07's bio-cellulose diaphragm and plastic shells?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back