The discovery thread!
Jan 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #19,801 of 103,270
I decided to pit my best earphones together and evaluated them based on size and build. 

This is the Top Four Earphone Size comparison!

CK10 + IM02 WIDTH+HEIGHT FRONT VIEW

Seeing them side by side, the IM02s are a hair bigger in height, but similar in width to the ck10s, except a bit wider as well.

This is taken from a different angle.

CK10 + IM02 SIDE VIEW THICKNESS

The im02s are a bit thicker, fatter than the elegant ck10s, but if I move the ck10s to the same direction as the im02s, they're the same length, but the ck10's are a bit smaller for sure.

Then comes the m200 vs Xba-h3 size comparison.

M200 + Xba-h3 Front View Size battle

M200+H3 LENGTH

They seem to have a similar length, though the h-3s are a bit longer than the m200s.

M200+H3 THICKNESS

About the same thickness on both, but the difference between the two are the way you wear it. The xba-h3's are worn sideways (see pic above), which means they are thinner than the m200's as you wear it based on this picture.  The front view of the xba-h3's is thinner than the m200's consistent thickness throughout its body.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #19,804 of 103,270
i read your OM audio inearpeace review on amazon and it was very nicely done and articulate, great job! My om arrived this morning and
after six hours of burn in are starting to sound promising....im sure they need forty to sixty hrs to be become what they can be. but i can hear
the clarity of the sound signature and its really balanced and clear, nice bass as low volumes...
loo forward to your review of the H1 and the others together.

Thank you sir. I really enjoy my OM. They take a bit of burn in for the bass to tighten up and come in line with the rest of the frequencies, but when they do, you get a really balanced sound, with articulate bass over that BA clarity. The mids are a tad aggressive, so they do make voices and strings stand out a bit. Not smooth. That's why I can't wait for my H1, to do that side by side comparison with the IEP.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #19,805 of 103,270
So there are no L-R letters printed on the headphones, just lines?
And the two lines, where are they located at? The images show 3 lines in the photos.
Thanks

Correct. Authentic Piston have just two lines at the bottom of the right housing stem to indicate the right side. No L or R markings. There's pics of fakes with those markings on them.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #19,807 of 103,270
I've been listening 24/96 FLAC of Rush - Moving Pictures through my Piston this afternoon, and I must say it's been a magical listen. The bass has settled into such an authoritative and muscular beast, while those highs are so clear and crisp, that Geddy and Neil never sounded so engaging. Love these absolute gems.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #19,809 of 103,270
Where are these lines? I'm not sure what I'm meant to be looking for?

There are tiny ribs at the bottom of the rubber stem that attaches to the right ear housing. You can feel it raised. This signifies the right side. The left side is smooth rubber all the way around.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #19,810 of 103,270
Wow, cant wait for mine to arrive now. How far behind are the pistons to the dunu 1k's?

Really really far behind. Soundstage and depth are different classes, as well as detail and instrument separation.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #19,811 of 103,270
Correct. Authentic Piston have just two lines at the bottom of the right housing stem to indicate the right side. No L or R markings. There's pics of fakes with those markings on them.

I have only one line 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #19,812 of 103,270
But the Piston offers a fun and technically proficient CHANGE UP to the sound of the DUNU or any other TOTL IEM in your personal collection. It's a great all- arounder, that allows you to get involved with your music collection and it doesn't make you think " I'm missing something" and make you immediately reach for something else. It has that ability to keep you engaged without performance regret. I think those who also own the Piston might agree with me ?

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #19,813 of 103,270
I have only one line :confused_face_2:

It's one line , but with the edge of the rubber directly below it , it feels like two, but it's one ribbed line which goes completely around the rubber.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #19,814 of 103,270
But the Piston offers a fun and technically proficient CHANGE UP to the sound of the DUNU or any other TOTL IEM in your personal collection. It's a great all- arounder, that allows you to get involved with your music collection and it doesn't make you think " I'm missing something" and make you immediately reach for something else. It has that ability to keep you engaged without performance regret. I think those who also own the Piston might agree with me ?

Thats great, thats is what im looking for. I want an engaging sound with nice highs, and some nice sub bass. I was thinking that the vsonic gr07 bass editions were going to be the perfect signature for me (i do enjoy the vsd1), but I guess I might as well wait for the pistons now. How do the pistons sound for EDM and dubstep? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back