The discovery thread!
Jan 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #19,606 of 100,857
Well, now that my ear feels better, I fired up one of my favorite songs (due to the meaning of the song) 

Precious time by the Maccabees has the best treble play I've heard (good to test the highs on the h-3s) and with the xba-h3s, the cymbals come to life! It's so soothing, yet clear enough that you can tell the amount of strength the band struck those cymbals.

The vocals are great in this recording, and the bass is wonderful. I even heard a tiny microdetail that I've never heard with the other iems! (didn't try on the im-02 yet).

Like the song, definitely quite strong treble, I'd argue maybe too strong. Cymbals really stand out, somewhat tizzy at time, but I did listen through a laptop, to a Vevo video, throuigh Monster Gratitudes, which tend to be tizzy themselves (especially early on, and mine just came a few days ago to replace my previous pair.). Do like this music, though, gotta look into the band some more.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #19,608 of 100,857
Broncos win!!!!  great game played!!!

Pistons are so smooth i ordered backup set and one for a friend who mixes music.

Look forward to your impressions DS.   wondering what makes them sound so good???
the Berylliuym or the driver configuration??

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #19,610 of 100,857
I used the TF 10 tips and they worked great, but I switched and used the UE 500 tips, and they really dropped a nice seal and fit , but hearing about Mackem's problems, he might need smaller tips, with a narrower body, like the Sony hybrids, to get a deeper insert for a better fit? But who knows , because mine fit great and I have a wonky ear.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #19,611 of 100,857
Broncos win!!!!  great game played!!!

Pistons are so smooth i ordered backup set and one for a friend who mixes music.

Look forward to your impressions DS.   wondering what makes them sound so good???
the Berylliuym or the driver configuration??

It's the Beryllium alloy driver. The originals don't have the Beryllium , and they aren't as good.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #19,613 of 100,857
I like Comply tips with them, but, then again, I like Comply tips with many of my iems. When I have fit problems, generally the TSX will work well. (tips would be not that far from the cost of the iems, but they do sound nice.
Now if I can only figure how to get them back in the case...

(Great 1st game, the evil empire lost, all hail Denver!!!
On to game 2)

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #19,614 of 100,857
The XBA 4 isn't that good . None of the Sony XBA series were. Reviews from joker and Cleios drove home what I experiences with both the 4 and the 30. They are underwhelming, with metallic sounding highs. Just really odd highs. Great bass though. You'll love the bass if that's your gig?

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #19,619 of 100,857
If you liked that metallic high on the 3's, then the 4's should be a lovefest for you. I ordered Yamaha EPH-100, and still have some money left over for one more , thanks to selling off my X3. I got the HiFiMan HM601 Slim. I'm excited for its reported warm sound like Sony's, and rockbox capable. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back