The discovery thread!
Jan 13, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #18,931 of 100,260
But if I was newer in the game didn't have the iems that I have, and was wanting to get an excellent bang for buck iem, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #18,933 of 100,260
Yeah, but the mh1c cable gave me so much joy which was priceless :)

I still would love to know who the genius was who green lit the cable on the MH1C?? That person needed to step down from his job asap.

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #18,934 of 100,260
  If I had to compare the Xiaomi Piston 2.0 with a Vsonic, it would be the GR07BE (I only have this and all the VSD1/S/LE). It is a funner version to the more analytic GR07BE. Piston has less treble than GR07BE but has more punch/slam in the sub-bass. Mids are nice and clear on both. I think the stiffer beryllium alloy driver of the Piston 2.0 can be compared to the bio-cellulose driver of the GR07BE. The Pistons are a great buy at ~$20 with sound quality similar to an IEM at $130.

^ Welp that sounds pretty damn sweet. Was listening to the new Daft Punk album last night with my regular VSD1s straight off of my crappy ipod nano, and i must say it sounds more "fun" and "enjoyable" than the GR07 BEs due to its more full/ more mid bassy sound, and even the ASG 2s didn't make the album sound as good as these regular VSD1s did.

So for me these regular VSD1s are already a more "fun" version of the gr07s, and i can honestly say i can sell my damn gr07 BEs off without regret cuz of them. haha Those pistons sound like an even mo' fun version of the VSD1s it seems but probably don't best them....???

I'm still waiting for my DUNU DN-1000, and when they arrive, I highly doubt the Piston will usurp them in sound quality, though if you listen to mochill, they do. 

Can't wait to read/hear your take on them.
popcorn.gif

Well, one thing for sure is that they seem like an incredible iem for the price.... assuming of course that you all aren't crazy! :)

^ Yeppp!!!

Yeah, but the mh1c cable gave me so much joy which was priceless :)

haha i still got LOTS of love for those MH1Cs, wonder how my re-cabling is going so far. :wink:

They sound like the gr07 BE but better soundstage and only with 6hrs burn in :sunglasses:

Dat's what you said about........ nuff said. hoho
evil_smiley.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683007/the-hype-appreciation-thread/630#post_9959375

I wouldn't regret it, but there's not much point for me unless they best what I've got methinks.

+
 But if I was newer in the game didn't have the iems that I have, and was wanting to get an excellent bang for buck iem, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

^ Words of wisdom right there Masa' WAYNE!!! 100% Agreed but....... where would the fun be in that. HE HE HE

Don't be uppity now. : P

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #18,935 of 100,260
  http://thewirecutter.com/2014/01/tech-were-looking-forward-to-in-2014-a-realists-guide-to-ces/

Scroll down to the 4th item.

Torque Audio has a new tunable headphones coming soon later this year. Interchangeable, magnetic ear pads can be on-ear or over-ear and even sound change. They have a tunable IEM already out too.

Could be a game changer when they come out...

Like the website said, they look pretty gimmicky...
I looked at their website and saw the description on their t103z...their description is horrible. Whoever made the website really doesn't know how to place a capital letter on the first letter of the first word of a sentence. He needs to be kicked back to first grade, pronto.

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #18,939 of 100,260
Bit of an exaggeration dont you think? Gr07 is a world class IEM for its price
Sometimes the hyperbole in this thread gets to me lol

I can agree with you to a point, but the hyperbole surrounding the Piston 2.0 turned out to be very accurate and very warranted. Now are the DN-1000 three times better than the GR07? That sir is a question that will be answered for me in a few days time. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #18,940 of 100,260
  I can agree with you to a point, but the hyperbole surrounding the Piston 2.0 turned out to be very accurate and very warranted. Now are the DN-1000 three times better than the GR07? That sir is a question that will be answered for me in a few days time. 

I'm waiting on your impressions, mate!
popcorn.gif
Heh, the DN-1000 goes for about 1000 (1280 actually) on Taobao. No wonder they called it the DN1000...will the DN-2k be worth 2k???

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #18,941 of 100,260
Haha, I dont know how you would quantify liking an IEM three times more than another IEM, but I doubt theres any IEM in the world that is three times better than the GR07 since its already a world class IEM

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #18,942 of 100,260

^ Words of wisdom right there Masa' WAYNE!!! 100% Agreed but....... where would the fun be in that. HE HE HE

Don't be uppity now. : P

Lol - no uppityness intended! Just stating it like it is 
tongue.gif
  However, once Ds gets his H3's, that could be trouble 
eek.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #18,943 of 100,260
Haha, I dont know how you would quantify liking an IEM three times more than another IEM, but I doubt theres any IEM in the world that is three times better than the GR07 since its already a world class IEM

Hmm, hypothetically CIEMs like the JH13 or JH16 or even the UERM would be three times better than that. Just saying, you know.

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #18,944 of 100,260
According to what... price? Y'all should know that he law of diminishing returns hit hard for audio.
Even joker gave Gr07 a score of 9.1 in comparison to the JH 10/10. That would suggest a definite increase in SQ but three times? Nawwww

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #18,945 of 100,260
Bit of an exaggeration dont you think? Gr07 is a world class IEM for its price
Sometimes the hyperbole in this thread gets to me lol

^ Yeppp like i be saying NEVER NEVER go full_retard unless you REALLY know you are smoking some good schiit!!!

^ i am well aware of the short comings of VSonics gr07s and there is NO way in hell that those Dunu DN1Ks can be 3X better than them without even hearing them. More refined i am sure but 3X better is like saying Micky Ds must have the best beef in the world cuz they sell the most.
rolleyes.gif

Lol - no uppityness intended! Just stating it like it is 
tongue.gif
  However, once Ds gets his H3's, that could be trouble 
eek.gif

^ yeppp same here but for me it's only a go when those H3s drops lower than $200, ain't paying no damn $300 + for some iems meng.
tongue.gif

And i am sure they will cuz just wait for those new and updated H30s real soon. haha One can dream can't he.
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back